Remove RIDICULOUS Respawn Penalty (WZFF)

Doesn’t need much said here, loads of us have requested it, and the gamemode needs it.
30 second respawn timers by round 5 are far too high and it’s unreal that they expect it to be fair. Most of the time when you’re killed in FF, it’s generally because you’re thrown against some over the top enemy that can instant kill you, so the game punishing you for losing an impossible fight, by throwing you out of the match for literally a 10th of the game time, is way too excessive. A 10th may not seem like much, but it damn well is, especially when your whole team needs to be attacking objectives.
I’d suggest lowering it to 15 seconds by the final wave at a maximum. Or even just making it so that your respawn timer is decided by how much you’ve died, so if you don’t die at all, then you are killed on round 5, your respawner should still be at 8 seconds.

Also you should really just instant respawn if you’re betrayed by vehicle splatter/are knocked off the map by a friendly.
Just my opinion anyway. FF is still way too difficult. Since the gamemode came out, my win rate has dropped over 10% in Warzone, which is incredibly annoying for me and i’m sure many others.

> 2533274855768280;1:
> Doesn’t need much said here, loads of us have requested it, and the gamemode needs it.

Yes, loads of us have requested it already, do we really need more topics on this?

> 2533274971565732;2:
> > 2533274855768280;1:
> > Doesn’t need much said here, loads of us have requested it, and the gamemode needs it.
>
>
> Yes, loads of us have requested it already, do we really need more topics on this?

Clearly, since there has been no mention of this being rectified yet.

I’d just like to point out that spawn killing is a serious issue is FF too. Respawn timer shouldn’t even be there if you’re killed within 10 seconds of spawning.

> 2533274855768280;3:
> > 2533274971565732;2:
> > > 2533274855768280;1:
> > > Doesn’t need much said here, loads of us have requested it, and the gamemode needs it.
> >
> >
> > Yes, loads of us have requested it already, do we really need more topics on this?
>
>
> Clearly, since there has been no mention of this being rectified yet.

Just because 343i doesn’t say anything about what they are working on doesn’t mean they don’t see it and consider it.

Would you like a constant stream of updates from 343, say once a minute? /s

I gotta wonder how many times the try hard players who requested for extended timers died and complained how bad the timer is. “OH yeah don’t die then noob” With massive AI waves more than Halo reach firefight and the extreme precision aiming ever since this franchise began, expect to die A LOT
I bet they played firefight on easy with skulls and thought they were a total badass and so good, when the enemies didn’t even do enough damage to them.
Oh and not to forget that Halo Reach had a bubble shield armor ability with regen capabilities which made it so much easier.
This firefight is way harder because we don’t have those cheap armor abilities. All we have is a thruster and 8 rag dolls.
Basically made the game unplayable for new players.
Oh and prometheans in my opinion, are the toughest and brutalist enemies of the entire franchise. Which is a good thing.

> 2535409103705542;6:
> I gotta wonder how many times the try hard players who requested for extended timers died and complained how bad the timer is. “OH yeah don’t die then noob” With massive AI waves more than Halo reach firefight and the extreme precision aiming ever since this franchise began, expect to die A LOT
> I bet they played firefight on easy with skulls and thought they were a total badass and so good, when the enemies didn’t even do enough damage to them.
> Oh and not to forget that Halo Reach had a bubble shield armor ability with regen capabilities which made it so much easier.
> This firefight is way harder because we don’t have those cheap armor abilities. All we have is a thruster and 8 rag dolls.
> Basically made the game unplayable for new players.

I feel like the majority of people who 343i listens to (i.e. Youtubers, Pro Players, and notable Community Members) have all been playing Halo for so long that any challenge is “easy” to them. Except they are the actual definition of a Vocal Minority, and so a lot of average players like you and I really don’t have the same idea of something being challenging versus being accessable as they do. And while a lot of them tend to agree with the larger Community consensus from time to time, it really doesn’t help when Firefight is already far too difficult (for the wrong reasons) than it should be.

> 2533274950478805;7:
> > 2535409103705542;6:
> > I gotta wonder how many times the try hard players who requested for extended timers died and complained how bad the timer is. “OH yeah don’t die then noob” With massive AI waves more than Halo reach firefight and the extreme precision aiming ever since this franchise began, expect to die A LOT
> > I bet they played firefight on easy with skulls and thought they were a total badass and so good, when the enemies didn’t even do enough damage to them.
> > Oh and not to forget that Halo Reach had a bubble shield armor ability with regen capabilities which made it so much easier.
> > This firefight is way harder because we don’t have those cheap armor abilities. All we have is a thruster and 8 rag dolls.
> > Basically made the game unplayable for new players.
>
>
> I feel like the majority of people who 343i listens to (i.e. Youtubers, Pro Players, and notable Community Members) have all been playing Halo for so long that any challenge is “easy” to them. Except they are the actual definition of a Vocal Minority, and so a lot of average players like you and I really don’t have the same idea of something being challenging versus being accessable as they do. And while a lot of them tend to agree with the larger Community consensus from time to time, it really doesn’t help when Firefight is already far too difficult (for the wrong reasons) than it should be.

Especially when, as people said, prometheans are bullet sponges. I don’t blame the covenant elites like the Warrior class being bullet sponges because I understand why they are, (Btw why are Zealot classes weaker than them… Its so strange, when I hear Zealot, I think of great and deadly warriors. Not because of how the ranks of Elites were before, but like in general. Starcraft and other franchises labeled Zealots as strong and fierce). With the case of the prometheans, pretty sure they are stronger than the convenant. Like that one where it struck down 2 occupied ghosts in Halo 4. LOL All of this together combined with the boss system and how many are spawned in a round along with their buddies, its a bit too much. I guess in a way, they never expected to have it turn out like this. Being sandwiched by waves of crawlers, (literally happened to me on Raid on Apex 7, and that was only round 1), or being bombarded by a ton of knights with incineration cannons.

Its great that they suggested it (and I don’t hate them for it I just like being sarcastic and condescending sometimes because its funny), but I think 343 got a little too carried away on it. I never said they should take it out, but my point is, is to probably tweak it by now and I think 20 seconds for round 5 is a hefty fine on players that die.

I think they don’t have a sense of direction on where the multiplayer aspect of the game is going because of how many people think the games made by 343 is good and bad. A lot of miscommunication from players who get angry or you know salty at the littlest things, which is why they resorted to pro players. Lets keep in mind that even Overwatch is like that.
“OH WIDOW SUCKS SO MUCH WHEN I USE HER”
“WIDOW TOO STRONG, PLEASE NERF”
Kinda mean the game is doing its job and so is Halo 5. A lot of times, much of the threads I have seen have been large complaints about automatic weapons, but the one using it loves it. So really, its in that balance. The game has a lot of open areas where short range weapons can’t reach, take advantage of it or use it yourself. Its like if you burst fire a weapon that is meant for close range its like, “Wait what the heck am I doing, wasting my time when I have this BR” Gotta remember the specific roles of weapons and how they work.

Now is it safe to say the game is always doing its job, not really. It has to meet the expectations of the developer of course and their vision for players. So tweaking is necessary and firefight could use some more since we got that hot fix. The challenges in warzone firefight is much more difficult as we don’t really have the little gadgets from Halo reach and ODST, which is funny ODST, you didn’t have spartan abilties but I bet playing it is much easier. But it keeps players going, a lot of times they do get left behind. However I think, warzone in general, what is so great about it is, you have the req system in place. Call any weapons and vehicles you want, but still even the most basic loadout of a BR and AR is still relevant, it never falls off combine with the select spartan abilities you have.

I’d rather an extra 30 secs on the clock for each “boss” killed.

I agree with the respawn timer, but think the respawn locations are an even bigger problem. What I have found super annoying is pulling a tank out for the final round and taking nearly half the round to get to the fight. Or, pulling a wraith or tank out for the final round, only to have a boatload of bosses spawn right on top of you in the garage. You’re now dead at the start of the round, with no REQ points built up, nothing to show for the ones you spent, stuck twiddling your thumbs while everyone else is dying as well. It’s a crappy place to be.

> 2533274969360250;10:
> I agree with the respawn timer, but think the respawn locations are an even bigger problem. What I have found super annoying is pulling a tank out for the final round and taking nearly half the round to get to the fight. Or, pulling a wraith or tank out for the final round, only to have a boatload of bosses spawn right on top of you in the garage. You’re now dead at the start of the round, with no REQ points built up, nothing to show for the ones you spent, stuck twiddling your thumbs while everyone else is dying as well. It’s a crappy place to be.

The game really needs the option to spawn on teammates, much like Reach did. And a 5-10 second spawn invincibility, because the spawns really are terrible.
Or a secondary suggestion, possibly make it so enemies can’t spawn in/get in the REQ bases? like the armories and such. They could be safe zones with shield doors that only Spartans can get through. That would be great.

They need to tweak the respawn timer and/or spawn locations it’s that simple. I am not going to pull out any power weapons or vehicles any longer there is no point it takes to long to get back into the fight time and distance wise. Also, we should be able to board and take over enemy vehicles. Not the main boss just the minions around the boss. We can pick up the weapons why not let us pick up the vehicles.

> 2535426829302733;9:
> I’d rather an extra 30 secs on the clock for each “boss” killed.

Agreed, if only for Round 5. Especially if it goes from multiple legendary bosses to 1 or more Mythic

> 2533274796933476;12:
> They need to tweak the respawn timer and/or spawn locations it’s that simple. I am not going to pull out any power weapons or vehicles any longer there is no point it takes to long to get back into the fight time and distance wise. Also, we should be able to board and take over enemy vehicles. Not the main boss just the minions around the boss. We can pick up the weapons why not let us pick up the vehicles.

Yes I agree, hijacking definitely needs to be doable to the bosses.

> 2535409103705542;6:
> I gotta wonder how many times the try hard players who requested for extended timers died and complained how bad the timer is. “OH yeah don’t die then noob” With massive AI waves more than Halo reach firefight and the extreme precision aiming ever since this franchise began, expect to die A LOT
> I bet they played firefight on easy with skulls and thought they were a total badass and so good, when the enemies didn’t even do enough damage to them.
> Oh and not to forget that Halo Reach had a bubble shield armor ability with regen capabilities which made it so much easier.
> This firefight is way harder because we don’t have those cheap armor abilities. All we have is a thruster and 8 rag dolls.
> Basically made the game unplayable for new players.
> Oh and prometheans in my opinion, are the toughest and brutalist enemies of the entire franchise. Which is a good thing.

I was certainly asking for deaths to matter in Firefight, which was a problem with the Beta. Each time I’ve died now, I don’t complain about the timer, I think about how I screwed up and got myself dead.

Most Firefight games I’ll finish with maybe 5 or so deaths a game. Wouldn’t consider that a lot.

Halo Reach Firefight was boring, even the Limited variant with limited lives. ODST Firefight (Heroic for 1 or 2 and Legendary for 3 or 4) was the way to go. Warzone Firefight is a different niche and a different fit.

long respawn + no respawn location selection + AI spawning on top of you + AI one shotting bullet sponges + AI spawning super mobs that out number the team 10 to 1 + req system is too slow recharging req points + req system handicaps team since one player can get to req level 8 and the rest of the team is stuck at 4 or 5 which causes mission failure against hard objectives

> 2533274839169051;16:
> long respawn + no respawn location selection + AI spawning on top of you + AI one shotting bullet sponges + AI spawning super mobs that out number the team 10 to 1 + req system is too slow recharging req points + req system handicaps team since one player can get to req level 8 and the rest of the team is stuck at 4 or 5 which causes mission failure against hard objectives

Yeah it’s pretty crappy. Instead of it being a fight for points, the mode should ACTUALLY be cooperative. Points should go towards the team’s communal score and everyone should level up together.

I and many other people have complained about this. I think a nice comprosmise would be keeping it at 10 seconds for the whole entire game.
The Dnend Legion

I agree. 20 seconds should be the maximum, and even that is a bit out there.

> 2533274874014416;19:
> I agree. 20 seconds should be the maximum, and even that is a bit out there.

15 seconds in my opinion. Any more than that is far too much.