Remove oddball from ranked

This is a gimmick game mode that has no business being in the ranked playlist. I refuse to take this cancerous game mode seriously and will just TDM for now on when i get this mode.

3 Likes

i think it awesome they mixed it in ranked games.

4 Likes

Gimmick? It’s been in ranked since the original H2C.

3 Likes

With all the things wrong with Infinite, I would say Ranked Oddball is not one of them. I never really played Objective games before Infinite (admittedly my hand is forced by the nature of the playlists) but I would say I enjoy Oddball more now than ever before.

It doesn’t require the same level of teamwork (in that it’s only one objective to ‘manage’ vs 2 in CTF and 3 in Strongholds) but still rewards co-ordinated play.

2 Likes

Oddball is nothing more than hide in a corner and then suicide to reset the ball. Its a horrid gamemode.

1 Like

You’re playing oddball wrong.

4 Likes

Then everyone is playing it wrong, because this is literally how every match ends up playing out. Oddball is pure trash, and at this point until we get a ranked slayer playlist I’m just going to treat oddball like slayer.

1 Like

It’s played in pro games and as ranked seems to mirror that (rightly or wrongly), it ain’t going anywhere. There are plenty of tactics to stop that cycle of camping/suiciding. If you ‘just treat it like Slayer’ in the right parts of the map, you might enjoy it.

2 Likes

Oddball isn’t my favourite gametype but it definitely belongs in ranked. It’s a highly competitive mode and the strategies to hold, play or rotate the ball are great.

It’s very fun to watch in HCS too.

1 Like

Slayer is a competitive mode. Oddball is just hiding in a corner with the ball.

1 Like

No wonder you want it removed from ranked. You have no idea how to play.

2 Likes

Tell that to the other players. They are the ones constantly doing exactly that. I refuse to take that trash mode seriously so I just TDM now.

That’s probably for the best. It’s important the ball carrier knows what they’re doing so sometimes even if a player is worse I’d rather I hold the ball so I can properly throw it or move it.

1 Like

HCS has oddball, ranked must have oddball. can´t play a tournament match of something that has never been played by both teams in a competitive way

Nah dude, Oddba is very fun and can be competitive compared to strongholds “running all the game”.