Remove Killcam

I’ll be up front, when I first heard of this I didn’t like the idea seeing as how the “death cam” as I like to call it gave you way more information than the kill cam. You could pivot the camera and see what your opponents are doing AFTER you’ve died, not BEFORE. So the kill cam seemed really unnecessary and pointless but the reason I want it to be removed is simple, it’s glitchy as hell.

I’m sure most of you have encountered this at one time or another where the replay is way off. I’ve watched it a few times and oh boy, does it make this game look unpolished. People are literally shooting at the walls in the kill cam no where near me. I have actually been called a cheater by some people who didn’t know any better because what they see is me shooting way too the left or right, not on target yet still killing them. You could fix it, but honestly don’t bother, the kill cam doesn’t fit Halo at all, nor does instant respawn but that’s a whole other thread.

So all in all I would like to see them remove this and give us the classic view back like it is in some playlists, it works much better both aesthetically and for gameplay.

I agree. It doesn’t really do anyone any good.

If you want to know how exactly you died then watch it in theater.

I also hate the instaspawns. I think it makes bad spawns because if your entire team is in a battle than it might spawn you back into the battle before your team dies. You should have to wait be 3-5 seconds so there is enough time for your other teammates to die so it could then spawn you in a safe area with your team.

343’s first game, gonna be glitchy but the thing iv seen is sometimes it doesn’t even come on for me some times iv seen it a few off puts but that mostly from lagy gameplay.

I agree, it doesn’t even work, so why have it?

Yeah, I’m not a big fan of the kill-cam either.

I always end up skipping it, and it’s really glitchy.

I like it and would prefer that it stay.

Even if it is slightly off, it still gives me a general idea of how I was killed, which in Halo, I need a lot.

> 343’s first game, gonna be glitchy but the thing iv seen is sometimes it doesn’t even come on for me some times iv seen it a few off puts but that mostly from lagy gameplay.

Well, technically they made Halo: CE Anniversary, so this would be their second. Yeah, it’s glitchy so why keep it? They could spend time and resources trying to fix it but like I’ve stated, the classic view is a much better alternative and they wouldn’t need to exhaust any time or effort to fix anything, seeing as how it’s already there as an option.

Should be an option to turn it off rather then just remove it outright, because some people like it and some people don’t.

Hah, i got a few messages from people accusing me of using aimbot because of the broken killcams.

> I like it and would prefer that it stay.
>
> Even if it is slightly off, it still gives me a general idea of how I was killed, which in Halo, I need a lot.

In the death cam you can see who killed you and what weapon they had, or like someone else has posted in this thread, there is always theater. It is not worth keeping, plain and simple.

> Hah, i got a few messages from people accusing me of using aimbot because of the broken killcams.

Haha yup same here. This is another prime reason it should be removed. People in the game have accused me of hacking and then told me they were going to file complaints of me because I was cheating. Like seriously?

The cons far outweigh the pros, and the death cam offers everything the kill cam does and more.

> > I like it and would prefer that it stay.
> >
> > Even if it is slightly off, it still gives me a general idea of how I was killed, which in Halo, I need a lot.
>
> In the death cam you can see who killed you and what weapon they had, or like someone else has posted in this thread, there is always theater. It is not worth keeping, plain and simple.

I don’t care who killed me or what weapon they used. I want to see HOW they killed me.

If someone ricocheted a sniper rifle shot into my head from around a corner, I want to see it on a kill cam right after it happens. That way I’m not sitting there going “WTF?” for 5 minutes until I can get to theater, fast forward all the way to that point, and waste my time doing all of that. I want that instant replay.

I know I’m just going to get attacked by everyone so I’m done replying here.

> > > I like it and would prefer that it stay.
> > >
> > > Even if it is slightly off, it still gives me a general idea of how I was killed, which in Halo, I need a lot.
> >
> > In the death cam you can see who killed you and what weapon they had, or like someone else has posted in this thread, there is always theater. It is not worth keeping, plain and simple.
>
> I don’t care who killed me or what weapon they used. I want to see HOW they killed me.
>
> If someone ricocheted a sniper rifle shot into my head from around a corner, I want to see it on a kill cam right after it happens. <mark>That way I’m not sitting there going “WTF?”</mark> for 5 minutes until I can get to theater, fast forward all the way to that point, and waste my time doing all of that. I want that instant replay.
>
> I know I’m just going to get attacked by everyone so I’m done replying here.

Hmm, that’s funny. Every time I see the kill cam WTF are my thoughts exactly.

Haha the bullets on killcams are never accurate