REMOVE JOIN IN PROGRESS!

So Im searching with 3 other people and we find a game. We joined a team with no members (Infinity slayer, 4 of us filled a team that had already quit…) The score was 340-20 with like 2 minutes left. Even if we had killed them for two minutes, it was impossible to win.

REMOVE IT! BRING THE OLD HALO WAYS BACK!

I personally like the system. Whenever I’m killing another team and they quit, the game adds more players. I never have to spend 12 minutes hunting down one player again.

> I personally like the system. Whenever I’m killing another team and they quit, the game adds more players. I never have to spend 12 minutes hunting down one player again.

But it sucks when you are the guy added to a match that already began.

> So Im searching with 3 other people and we find a game. We joined a team with no members (Infinity slayer, 4 of us filled a team that had already quit…) The score was 340-20 with like 2 minutes left. Even if we had killed them for two minutes, it was impossible to win.
>
> REMOVE IT! <mark>BRING THE OLD HALO WAYS BACK</mark>!

Actually join in progress was first put in Halo CE PC so when it come to old ways join in progress is it lol. Join with only 2 min. left is pretty bad. For me the shorts have been 5 minutes. For Halo 4 join in progress is a must need unless they change other things

[deleted]

At the very least this NEEDS to be disabled for people using Double Experience.

I got thrown into a game were I was losing and not much time left, which means less experience! People have indirectly paid for the double experience. This is unacceptable!

The feature makes sense for certain situations, but not any situation.

The game should not start without the proper number of players, I’ve been in countless games where it has. The game should stay in the lobby until it is full, then do the map vote, then start the game.

i agree. -Yoink- that -Yoink-. its not in anyway fair to get thrown into a losing game. you get punished for other people quitting? they said its to speed up match making time but i’d rather wait the extra 30 seconds and play a full 4v4 then to get started 3v4 or thrown into a losing game.

Agree with OP.

Join in progress seemed good in text…but in practice is proving to be a severe annoyance. :[

> > I personally like the system. Whenever I’m killing another team and they quit, the game adds more players. I never have to spend 12 minutes hunting down one player again.
>
> But it sucks when you are the guy added to a match that already began.

Yeah? Well…it sucks even more when you are the only person on your team and if there’s no mid-game joining, then you are stuck 1v8.

Keep it! The old system was boring. people always quit and you played in a half empty game 4V1 for 5 minutes. Total waste of time for both teams. The new system prevents this and I’m all for it!

I agree 100%. At least give us an option to turn it off.

I don’t think the idea of join in progress is terribly bad, but 343 isn’t encouraging players to actually stay in the match.

There’s no quit ban, loss of XP, etc. or any incentive NOT to quit. I would rarely EVER drop from a match in Halo 3 or Reach just because I know I would be penalized for it.

Another problem with JIP is that 343 doesn’t even start you off with even teams half the time anyways! Most of my games end up with uneven/unfilled teams at the start of a match.

And most of all, JIP should be a preference. I personally never want to join a game in progress, so I should be able to have an option to factor that into my search preferences (or lack of in Halo 4). Or maybe just go back to the old system, but allow friends to join your MM game/party via invite? Idk, this feature needs massive work though

It’d be alright if it had even a tiny bit of a penalty for quitting and the parameters were better set.

A game of BTB where me and 2 friends join a game where the score is 590 to 50 and it’s an 8v4 game is ridiculous.

I also feel sorry for the people who lose Double EXP on it as well.

I personally enjoy the system.

I find JIP to be very annoying, I understand some people like it but a lot of people don’t so at the very lest it should be something you can choose to turn off. I’d rather wait longer and play a full game than be put into a match that is already half over.

i have yet to join a match in progress actually. but ive never seen the feature as a detriment in any other game. and i think its very welcomed here in halo 4. especially considering the sheer number of serial quitters ive seen so far. having someone pop in when someone leaves keeps things interesting.

JiP is a jip, the only games i’ve joined in progress are ones where we are down 4 flags to 1… i hate this new matchmaking in general. here’s some knowledge for 343 and certain affinity IF IT ISN’T BROKEN, DON’T FIX IT.

the good out weighs the bad. earlier I started a game where it was me versus 3 others, and because of mid game joining I didn’t hide in a corner all game, and I ended up winning the match.

how does that suck?

> I personally like the system. Whenever I’m killing another team and they quit, the game adds more players. I never have to spend 12 minutes hunting down one player again.

THIS.

i love this as now my whole team can quit and im not screwed for more than a minute or so. so sick of 1 on 4 when randoms quit i love this feature.