Remove Join In Progress

Join in progress has pretty much made win/loss not representative of a players skill at all. It also makes players more likely to quit games and leads to almost every game being totally one sided.

Please leave a comment as well as answering the poll.

Yea I hate Join in Progress.

Remove? No. Improve? Yes.

I agree with Rush. I like the feature but it needs to be tweeked.

I don’t think it belongs either.

It just seems like another useless and somewhat-destructive feature added in to fit into the scene of other first person shooter games like Call of Duty.

Again, it just doesn’t belong.

The least of Halo4’s goals was competitive integrity. Now it’s just like every other shooter. 343i followed the leader. JiP should be optional at most.

No I find that its good. Yes it needs a tweak but I have found it useful the last few days when I’ve had people leave in the middle of the game.

> No I find that its good. Yes it needs a tweak but I have found it useful the last few days when I’ve had people leave in the middle of the game.

How do you like it when you are the one thrown into a game in progress?

I agree, get rid of join in progress, i think the game is more balanced when everyone starts a game at zero.

So everyone can be happy they should make it for social playlist only and rank playlist not have it. Or better yet have it as an option to toggle on and off.

I’m against join in progress as a concept because I feel it kills teamwork. Halo has never been a “Pick up and play” game like other FPS’s on the market, and that was one of the things that was great about it. You joined before the start of a game, and if things started going badly, you stay and give it your best shot. You didn’t just say “F*** this” and rage quit, abandoning your team, and anyone who did was usually labeled a d***. No, I didn’t like it when a player quit out on your team (Though lulz sometimes ensued in the 1v4 matches that resulted from it), but it was a tradeoff I was happy to live with for the sense of teamwork and commitment it gave.

And no, searching in a team won’t do jack, because half the time your party will get split, and if you somehow manage to enter a game with the same party you searched with, chances are, you’re just going to ROFL stomp the other team because they aren’t working as a team. Which means finding a decent, challenging game is very rare.

Sadly though this is a feeling that’s been absent since the introduction of the party chat system. But if they added another set of more team focussed playlists to Halo 4, with no JIP and mics being mandatory, that would make my day. Though something like that wouldn’t work until the CRS is added.

They could just remove it from certain playlists, like Slayer Pro. Removing it entirely would be a bad move, as we’d be back to losing hope if even one person on our team quits, or getting bored if the majority of the enemy team quits.

They should make it so you can turn off joining current sessions.

> > No I find that its good. Yes it needs a tweak but I have found it useful the last few days when I’ve had people leave in the middle of the game.
>
> How do you like it when you are the one thrown into a game in progress?

It’s only happened to me once. And I didn’t mind. Perhaps people should stop taking the game too seriously.

No, I like it. I was playing bigteam and we started losing and some guy was like dude this sucks lets quit and almost the full team left. Then more people joined in and we won.

Actually I don’t mind. Just so they can make players like you happy should make it so you can toggle it on or off. They could also make for social playlist like gears had it.

> No, I like it. I was playing bigteam and we started losing and some guy was like dude this sucks lets quit and almost the full team left. Then more people joined in and we won.

I think it’s okay for BTB. It’s usually more of a casual crowd.

> > > No I find that its good. Yes it needs a tweak but I have found it useful the last few days when I’ve had people leave in the middle of the game.
> >
> > How do you like it when you are the one thrown into a game in progress?
>
> It’s only happened to me once. And I didn’t mind. Perhaps people should stop taking the game too seriously.

Lucky you. I have been thrown into games 75% over. I just quit back out and try again. I like my online multiplayer to have as much competitive integrity as possible. Not just random senseless action. Do I take it too serious? Maybe. But that’s the way I like it.

> > > > No I find that its good. Yes it needs a tweak but I have found it useful the last few days when I’ve had people leave in the middle of the game.
> > >
> > > How do you like it when you are the one thrown into a game in progress?
> >
> > It’s only happened to me once. And I didn’t mind. Perhaps people should stop taking the game too seriously.
>
> Lucky you. I have been thrown into games 75% over. I just quit back out and try again. I like my online multiplayer to have as much competitive integrity as possible. Not just random senseless action. Do I take it too serious? Maybe. But that’s the way I like it.

Sorry you had a bad experience with it but I think it would be great if it was a thing you can toggle on and off don’t you agree? I for one don’t mind it at all.

I don’t think JIP would be that horrible of a feature if 343 actually started a match with full teams to begin with, since that was 343’s entire reasoning for adding this “feature.” -_-

To me JIP isn’t an inherently bad feature. 343 has just horribly implemented it. 343, These are the 3 ways it HAS to be improved.

1. Make it a search preference (all of which 343 took out of halo MP to begin with). I shouldn’t be forced to join a game halfway over if I don’t want to.

2. Actually start a match with even teams. Half of my matches the teams aren’t even full. Maybe only 1% out of any of my matches in Bungie’s 3 games ever started without full, even teams. Why should Halo 4 be any different?

3. Have penalties for quitting and incentives for not quitting. Things like ranking down, losing XP, having a quit ban, etc. kept people from bailing out of their matches. And the occasional credit jackpot Reach had for finishing your games added some nice positive reinforcement as well.