Remove JIP please

343i could you please remove join in progress completely as it does not work very well and if I wanted JIP to a team that’s getting beaten I would play Call of Duty.

No, why should I lose because my teammate quit?

Here’s a compromise: Allow “join in-progress” for the first four minutes of any given simulation.

> Here’s a compromise: Allow “join in-progress” for the first four minutes of any given simulation.

No, ALOT can happen in 4 minutes.

So QuackaDucky, heres some food for thought, how would you solve the problem of quitting?

Because I frankly got fed up of my team mates quitting or lagging out.

Ever heard of the “RQ domino effect”?

Example: Seven minutes ago, I was on Team Slayer on Narrows- 4v4. I was on Blue team along with 3 split screeners.

The ringleader got his -Yoink- handed to him just one time, which was apparently the straw that broke the camel’s back.

I was the only one left to fend off a full-roster Red team.

Sometimes, people complaining about JIP sure brightens up my day.

> No, why should I lose because my teammate quit?

this.

just fix the parameters so it works better. dont just scrap it.

To get rid of JiP you have to get rid of quitting. Since quit bans don’t work and exp penalties don’t work and fear of eternal damnation doesn’t work then maybe we should try one or more of the following:

1. full life-time console ban for any quitting
  2. lobby congress to make quitting a federal offense punishable by escalating fines and/or jail time
  3. notification to employers and docking of paychecks might work
  4. how about if you quit a game 343 makes your armor turn pink and puts a big red arrow over your head for life so everyone in the game will know exactly who and what you are.
  5. how about something involving tar and feathers maybe?
  6. quitters could perhaps be “shaved, sterilized and destroyed”?

No, as most others have said. And, this, but not for life:

> 4. how about if you quit a game 343 makes your armor turn pink and puts a big red arrow over your head for life so everyone in the game will know exactly who and what you are.

Shaming is more effective IMHO. Bring back the gamertags like they had in Reach (and maybe H3?) 7th column, dmr, assault rifle, a big posey automatically forced upon the quitters. Or turn them into a giant sparkly Moa for a game.

Fix or remove! (Don’t see how they can fix, but hey… If they can, sweet)

> > No, why should I lose because my teammate quit?
>
> this.
>
> just fix the parameters so it works better. dont just scrap it.

Yup. JIP is a great idea and needs to stay, it just needs refinement.

I agree with the JIP only within the first 4 min. It gives the team enough time to possibly win as opposed to joining in with only a couple kills left to lose

As a highly competitive player, I absolutely despise the Join in Progress system because joining a game is usually the same thing as losing the game before you even start.
(I mostly play CTF, so it’s pretty hard to turn the score around if the enemy has a solid lead.)

> As a highly competitive player, I absolutely despise the Join in Progress system because joining a game is usually the same thing as losing the game before you even start.
> (I mostly play CTF, so it’s pretty hard to turn the score around if the enemy has a solid lead.)

I sympathize, especially as you’re a flag guy, but…

My personal experience with being JiPed into matches (mostly in BTB) is that about half the time my team is a little ahead and the other half we’re a little behind. But I seldom see these 500-150 matches that seem to plague everyone else.

And remember: without JiP you’d still be here going off on 343 for ranking you down on a loss when half your team quit the match. Pretty much a no-win scenario.

one easy solution is whichever playlists go off of wins and losses shouldnt have JIP the individual ranked games should have JIP

> one easy solution is whichever playlists go off of wins and losses shouldnt have JIP the individual ranked games should have JIP

I would argue the exact opposite. If you are going by individual score, the second you get JiP you are guaranteed to be behind the people that were already in the game.

Win/loss you might be joining into a game that is very close or you are in the lead. Regardless, there is a good chance that adding you, especially if you are good, could be the difference that would allow you to win.