Remove it, or I won’t buy it

One of the main members of the Major League Gaming community (Killa KC), was recently privileged by Micorsoft and perhaps as well 343 industries (the current developer of Halo 4), to play some Free For All and 4vs.4 multiplayer matches with other VIP individuals [Watch the best in esports live - MLG]. Sometime shortly thereafter, he gave a post-gameplay review of that game and a mention to some of the weapons and features therein. One of the most unfortunate things to be mentioned in that review, was bloom. The bloom feature will not be standard on all weapons (such as the Battle Rifle), but will be so on the pistol and DMR.

343i is apparently unaware of one of the most fundamental aspects of business: The customer is always right. Why? We are the basis for the whole foundation of your corporation. Without us, the customer purchasing your product, your product will inevitably fail. Period.

And it’s not just me, one customer. I visit various gaming websites that either revolve around Halo (halo.xbox.com, halocoucil.com), or other sites that have a Halo fan base and discussion area, such as mlgpro.com. Also of course, I play the current titles of Halo on Xbl. And out of all the people I have come in contact with in these facets of the Halo community, out of all the topic posts, comments, magazine articles or any other Halo related discussions, I can honestly say that there is not one single person who was vying for or otherwise requesting that the bloom feature be re-implemented into Halo 4. Not a single one.

Bloom is an absolutely unnecessary and absolutely unrequested feature, and either you remove it from the game completely on ALL weapons, or I will not buy the game.

Simple as that

You won’t buy the game? Woah, woah, woah! Stop the presses!

I’m fine with it on the DMR, but I am a little bugged about it on the Magnum…

Frankly, I do not care whether you buy the game or not.

It never ceases to amaze me why people think that anyone else will care if they don’t buy the game.

Bloom wasn’t that bad. If you don’t like it, use the BR! That’s the purpose of custom loadouts.

Honestly, I see no purpose in complaining about it.

> I’m fine with it on the DMR, but I am a little bugged about it on the Magnum…

Same here, I’m fine with the DMR. Magnum on the other hand seems iffy. I’m still wondering if they’ll increase the rounds though.

> One of the main members of the Major League Gaming community (Killa KC), was recently privileged by Micorsoft and perhaps as well 343 industries (the current developer of Halo 4), to play some Free For All and 4vs.4 multiplayer matches with other VIP individuals [Watch the best in esports live - MLG]. Sometime shortly thereafter, he gave a post-gameplay review of that game and a mention to some of the weapons and features therein. One of the most unfortunate things to be mentioned in that review, was bloom. The bloom feature will not be standard on all weapons (such as the Battle Rifle), but will be so on the pistol and DMR.
>
>
> 343i is apparently unaware of one of the most fundamental aspects of business: The customer is always right. Why? We are the basis for the whole foundation of your corporation. Without us, the customer purchasing your product, your product will inevitably fail. Period.
>
> And it’s not just me, one customer. I visit various gaming websites that either revolve around Halo (halo.xbox.com, halocoucil.com), or other sites that have a Halo fan base and discussion area, such as mlgpro.com. Also of course, I play the current titles of Halo on Xbl. And out of all the people I have come in contact with in these facets of the Halo community, out of all the topic posts, comments, magazine articles or any other Halo related discussions, I can honestly say that there is not one single person who was vying for or otherwise requesting that the bloom feature be re-implemented into Halo 4. Not a single one.
>
> Bloom is an absolutely unnecessary and absolutely unrequested feature, and either you remove it from the game completely on ALL weapons, or I will not buy the game.
>
>
> Simple as that

I like bloom, stops spamming. And If you don’t buy the game the game will fail, right?

> One of the main members of the Major League Gaming community (Killa KC), was recently privileged by Micorsoft and perhaps as well 343 industries (the current developer of Halo 4), to play some Free For All and 4vs.4 multiplayer matches with other VIP individuals [Watch the best in esports live - MLG]. Sometime shortly thereafter, he gave a post-gameplay review of that game and a mention to some of the weapons and features therein. One of the most unfortunate things to be mentioned in that review, was bloom. The bloom feature will not be standard on all weapons (such as the Battle Rifle), but will be so on the pistol and DMR.
>
>
> 343i is apparently unaware of one of the most fundamental aspects of business: The customer is always right. Why? We are the basis for the whole foundation of your corporation. Without us, the customer purchasing your product, your product will inevitably fail. Period.
>
> And it’s not just me, one customer. I visit various gaming websites that either revolve around Halo (halo.xbox.com, halocoucil.com), or other sites that have a Halo fan base and discussion area, such as mlgpro.com. Also of course, I play the current titles of Halo on Xbl. And out of all the people I have come in contact with in these facets of the Halo community, out of all the topic posts, comments, magazine articles or any other Halo related discussions, I can honestly say that there is not one single person who was vying for or otherwise requesting that the bloom feature be re-implemented into Halo 4. Not a single one.
>
> Bloom is an absolutely unnecessary and absolutely unrequested feature, and either you remove it from the game completely on ALL weapons, or I will not buy the game.
>
>
> Simple as that

wait… Since when did I give a flying flaming rat’s butt if some random dude isn’t going to buy Halo 4, I don’t even give a flying flaming rat’s butt if one of my friends don’t buy it, let alone a member of my family.

The customer is rarely right. In fact the customer doesn’t even know what they want, that’s why they are a customer and not a producer.

OP your not going to win just STOP

Good luck / as your going to need it

Befor
locked/Flame

OP, do you understand that there are a variety of ways to implement bloom? We haven’t yet been informed of how the bloom mechanic works within the game. Jumping to conclusions is unwise. Better to wait until you have facts and details before you come to a conclusion.

Hopefully 343 will learn from Bungie’s greatest mistake and make it optional rather than forcing it on us like it was in Reach. Or change it to how it was in the Anniversary playlists, I could live with that.

What a whiny moaner, don’t buy it then and good riddance.
Also I didn’t even care about bloom and most people don’t.
If you cant get a kill because of bloom well tough you should of timed your shots better.

> Hopefully 343 will learn from Bungie’s greatest mistake and make it optional rather than forcing it on us like it was in Reach. Or change it to how it was in the Anniversary playlists, I could live with that.

You mean like different playlists?

Geez dude, I’ve been playing since before it was on xbox. All halo guns actually bloomed all reach did was allow you to take notice of this fact. Dont belive me behold Halo the original Link

That said there is a reason why the BR is back. Why else do you think they put in 2 guns that function the exact same role? They forsaw this.

So you won’t buy halo 4 because of one little detail that could end up being trivial and is not even new to halo?

Master Chief would like to have a word with you.

There will be other weapons you know. Do you just love the DMR so much that you just can’t stand to see it have bloom?

Plus, I bet they have other weapons that they haven’t shown yet that fire like the DMR but don’t have bloom. They probably balance the difference with less damage or slower fire rate.

>
>
>
>
>
>
> Simple as that

LOL LOL LOL LOL
first off its only a few guns,
second off. complainers going to complain. its the same stuff with halo reach. get over yourself have a good day.
:stuck_out_tongue:
viking out

i want bloom… so youe post is invalid… burn

This makes me lol.

> > Hopefully 343 will learn from Bungie’s greatest mistake and make it optional rather than forcing it on us like it was in Reach. Or change it to how it was in the Anniversary playlists, I could live with that.
>
> You mean like different playlists?

Different playlists? It was fine in Anniversary. It reset faster and you didn’t need to pace your shots unless you was emptying an entire clip as fast as you could. As a result, the randomness also decreased. Of course, I would prefer to see it gone entirely, but that’s just me. You’re a super soldier capable of running at high speeds and picking up objects 4 times your body mass. You are trained to be precise and deadly with every weapon, and on top of all that, your helmet’s HUD helping you out, you shouldn’t get less accurate after every shot anyway.

I couldn’t stand Halo 3’s BR because of the random spread (and lack of hitscan, but that’s another story). I suppose I could tolerate Reach because of hitscan and the fact that I could SEE the randomness happening and knew how to control it. The problem with it was that people were getting lucky with their trigger spamming way too often.