Remove Highway corner teleports

Currently the map highway isn’t fun and needs a change and that change is to remove teleports as the map is a better version of fort Deen but with broken teleports. The gameplay with teleports would cause player to focus more on the middle base which are currently ignored because the corner base are more important as they are next to the teleports which is strange as halo wars 2 doesn’t support this type of gameplay as it is a battle between armies and not base while highway tells us that highway is a battle for who can defend the teleporters the best as the two strategies for this map is to have mass air and control the massive map or build heavy armor and just send it throught the teleport and win the game. Furthermore getting rid of teleports would allow there to be a massive battle full of tons of strategies that aren’t currently valid example aggression sending fast but little units to the enemy can put them back very much but with teleports they units are made redundant as those units will be killed by heavy units heavy units are expensive as so would set the player back but sense their units can take the teleport the rusher has no time to prepare for the attack and dies.

I disagree, and here are some reasons as to why I feel the teleporters are actually good and should stay

> 2533274893658384;1:
> Furthermore getting rid of teleports would allow there to be a massive battle full of tons of strategies that aren’t currently valid example aggression sending fast but little units to the enemy can put them back very much but with teleports they units are made redundant as those units will be killed by heavy units heavy units are expensive as so would set the player back but sense their units can take the teleport the rusher has no time to prepare for the attack and dies.

With teleporters you still have massive battles with in-depth strategies. If anything you have more strategies when teleports are involved. Sending fast units too there base would still be viable with or without teleports, and if you’re using fast and weak units by the time they start rolling out tanks and “heavy units” then you deserve too lose.

> 2533274893658384;1:
> as the two strategies for this map is to have mass air

Nope

> 2533274893658384;1:
> build heavy armor and just send it throught the teleport and win the game.

Unless you defend the teleporter…

> 2533274893658384;1:
> The gameplay without*(FTFY)* teleports would cause player to focus more on the middle base which are currently ignored because the corner base are more important as they are next to the teleports

Wouldn’t the same problem arise then if we did get rid of teleporters? Only now the focus would be in the middle and the side bases would be forgotten about. But this is worse than just having teleporters as half the maps already exhibit this playstlye, so why change a map to do the same thing 5-6 others do already?

I like your argument but it’s just that IMO the teleporters add gameplay to the map that is only present in 2 other maps that has teleporters.

> 2533274893658384;1:
> Currently the map highway isn’t fun and needs a change and that change is to remove teleports as the map is a better version of fort Deen but with broken teleports. The gameplay with teleports would cause player to focus more on the middle base which are currently ignored because the corner base are more important as they are next to the teleports which is strange as halo wars 2 doesn’t support this type of gameplay as it is a battle between armies and not base while highway tells us that highway is a battle for who can defend the teleporters the best as the two strategies for this map is to have mass air and control the massive map or build heavy armor and just send it throught the teleport and win the game. Furthermore getting rid of teleports would allow there to be a massive battle full of tons of strategies that aren’t currently valid example aggression sending fast but little units to the enemy can put them back very much but with teleports they units are made redundant as those units will be killed by heavy units heavy units are expensive as so would set the player back but sense their units can take the teleport the rusher has no time to prepare for the attack and dies.

This map is way too big to have no teleporters as for the middle base being ignored has a lot to do with 3s games being short. Honestly if your playing 3s just go colony (2x arby). Colony goes Goliath obviously and both Arby’s go ghost/suicide grunts. Colony LPs skit, Engi swarm, colony drop. Arby LPs stasis mine, CoR, elite assault. That way if they manage to kill your base killers just drop 2 elite assault and a colony drop and keep going. Easy day this strat is stupid broken right now

So my already long games on Highway are about to get even longer? Hard pass. Those teleporters are the only thing making Highway slightly bearable.

Honestly, you can always defend the teleports if you are having difficulty with people invading you using them. Usually at the beginning of the game, I usually have snipers around it just in case I get invaded with a bunch of those flamers or Goliaths and all that rushing business. The map is way to huge to take away the teleports, the games would last forever without them as well.

NO MAP is better than the almighty Fort Deen

> 2533274907512096;6:
> NO MAP is better than the almighty Fort Deen

Preach.

> 2533274907512096;6:
> NO MAP is better than the almighty Fort Deen

343 should have remade a few maps from HW1. While mechanics were bland, their maps were great and each specail in a way.

I think moving the teleports away from the base would be a good idea but it is a large map so teleports will need to stay.

I think the transporters are fun. They are important points to keep an eye on. They can also be used to get an early mini on the other side of the map.
Removing them will create completely different map dynamics (with probably longer games).
Since maps are limited I would actually like it as an extra map, not a replacement.

Ok I agree with all of you but I think that they should make a fort deen like map because that map was awesome