Remove Halo from the title

Serious. Its a good game overall, just not a good Halo game. They should just make a new IP.

No, it still is very much Halo. Nowhere else can you jump around 4 shotting people in the head on bright and colorful maps while coordinating with a team to control power weapons and key points on a map.

I’d fully support them making their own game… because that would then mean somebody would be making Halo games that I would play for the rest of my life.

it’s far from halo. Everything that made halo unique is gone

> 2811398874547449;4:
> it’s far from halo. Everything that made halo unique is gone

Oh yea? Can you clarify, exactly, what Halo lost?

> 2533274803896054;5:
> > 2811398874547449;4:
> > it’s far from halo. Everything that made halo unique is gone
>
>
> Oh yea? Can you clarify, exactly, what Halo lost?

this…please explain?

“Halo 5 is not identical to Halo 2. It is not a Halo game”

#Logic

Funny, considering that Halo 2 was nothing like Halo CE.

> 2533274831446536;7:
> “Halo 5 is not identical to Halo 2. It is not a Halo game”
>
> #Logic
>
> Funny, considering that Halo 2 was nothing like Halo CE.

“Halo 5 has ‘Halo’ in the name. It must be true to the Halo experience, despite losing almost everything that created the Halo identity.”

AndI suppose Wars, Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike shouldn’t be called Halo either? Please. Gameplay can change astronomically, but this is still very much Halo. Master Chief? Check. Covenant? Check. Assault Rifle? Check. Look at the change between Kid Icarus and Kid Icarus: Uprising. Admittedly it was 25 years, but the tenet is the same.

> 2717573882290994;8:
> > 2533274831446536;7:
> > “Halo 5 is not identical to Halo 2. It is not a Halo game”
> >
> > #Logic
> >
> > Funny, considering that Halo 2 was nothing like Halo CE.
>
>
> “Halo 5 has ‘Halo’ in the name. It must be true to the Halo experience, despite losing almost everything that created the Halo identity.”

Master Chief, Arby, the AR, the BR, covenant architecture, arena multiplayer, power weapons and map control would like to remind you that there still there.

> 2717573882290994;8:
> > 2533274831446536;7:
> > “Halo 5 is not identical to Halo 2. It is not a Halo game”
> >
> > #Logic
> >
> > Funny, considering that Halo 2 was nothing like Halo CE.
>
>
> “Halo 5 has ‘Halo’ in the name. It must be true to the Halo experience, despite losing almost everything that created the Halo identity.”

See this seems like a clever statement at first, but in reality no one is making the the argument that the name decides the game. Yet plenty of people have made the argument that since Halo 5 is not identical to Halo 1/2/3/etc… , it’s no longer a Halo game. Your attempt to be witty and turn that one around on him didn’t work so well. Since you giving reason why Halo isn’t Halo anymore was ignored again, just like every other person who makes that empty argument, I’m going to say that Halo 5 still does have the “Halo identity”.

this is clearly a troll topic

> 2811398874547449;4:
> it’s far from halo. Everything that made halo unique is gone

Elaborate.

> 2717573882290994;3:
> I’d fully support them making their own game… because that would then mean somebody would be making Halo games that I would play for the rest of my life.

Uh-huh…and if the new makers were IDK did it worse?

@Andy it is no use all you will get is strawmans.

> 2701489597929026;1:
> Serious. Its a good game overall, just not a good Halo game. They should just make a new IP.

Agreed, I actually wouldn’t buy the game if not for Halo in the title so perhaps they are just cashing in on a brand rather then delivering us something we want.

which is what exactly?

> 2533274803896054;11:
> > 2717573882290994;8:
> > > 2533274831446536;7:
> > > “Halo 5 is not identical to Halo 2. It is not a Halo game”
> > >
> > > #Logic
> > >
> > > Funny, considering that Halo 2 was nothing like Halo CE.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > “Halo 5 has ‘Halo’ in the name. It must be true to the Halo experience, despite losing almost everything that created the Halo identity.”
>
>
>
>
> See this seems like a clever statement at first, but in reality no one is making the the argument that the name decides the game. Yet plenty of people have made the argument that since Halo 5 is not identical to Halo 1/2/3/etc… , it’s no longer a Halo game. Your attempt to be witty and turn that one around on him didn’t work so well. Since you giving reason why Halo isn’t Halo anymore was ignored again, just like every other person who makes that empty argument, I’m going to say that Halo 5 still does have the “Halo identity”.

I was over-simplifying and generalizing it, just like the person I originally quoted did.

We’re not upset because it isn’t a pixel-perfect re-release of Halo 2, just as he isn’t saying it’s a Halo game just because it says Halo on the “box”.

He wanted to bluntly generalize, so I did it back to him. If you think his argument was actually valid, so is mine.

It has been explained numerous times why it doesn’t feel like Halo.
Sprint alone means it doesn’t feel like Halo.
How does Sprint, Thrust, Clamber, weapon spawn notifications, Ground Pound, AR starts, ADS, Float, Flinch, Kill Cams, vertical and bloated maps feel like Halo? It doesn’t. Pretty self-explanatory.

Here’s how I describe Halo’s multiplayer as a whole: A fun and balanced arena based multiplayer game.

Funny… Halo 5 seems to suit that description quite well.

It’s not a good bungie halo and it shouldn’t be. But it’s a different but still feels like halo game. And should not drop the title halo

> 2717573882290994;3:
> I’d fully support them making their own game… because that would then mean somebody would be making Halo games that I would play for the rest of my life.

Loll cute story. And who would or could that be. Even bungie could not make a game like halo 2 in their current state. There is no point in trying to duplicate the old trilogy it’s over. I’m happy with a new different set of games. I have MCC when I want to go back memory lane