Remove ground pound from every playlist

I hate Spartan charge and ground pound equally, but ground pound just has to go. Spartan charge is OP but at least the player is vulnerable while he/she is sprinting, and it’s not an almost instant kill like ground pound. With ground pound the player gets rewarded for just being above the other player, which in my opinion having the high ground should be good enough, but apparebtly having the ability to get an instant kill or do an insane amount of damage with the push of a button no matter how high above the other player you are. Just earlier today some dude gets a double kill by ground pounding from like two feet in the air, the splash damage is just way too strong.

I could care less who wants to argue about it being balanced due to the noise it makes or how the player is required to float in the air and have a second of vulnerability when they hit the ground. I already know that. I just think its a stupid feature and it never belonged in matchmaking in the first place, especially ranked.

Wholeheartedly agree. It’s funny how one of 343’s goals while making this game was to make the mp competitive, because almost every decision or thing they decided to add to the game lessons the skill gap.

Ground pound is OK. At least there is some skill in using it. Spartan charge is toilet and should go. Spartan charge should have to be charged up just like ground pound or you shouldn’t be able to charge while being shot.

You’re vulnerable while charging the ground pound and flying down, it’s not an instant kill unless you directly hit them from a certain height and/or they’re low or no shields and you’re immobilized for a second after you land so it’s pretty similar to Spartan Charge aside from the splash damage. With GP, you’re also giving up your height advantage so it’s a more risk reward than SC. Is it gimmicky? Yes, but it’s more tolerable than SC.

> 2727626560040591;4:
> You’re vulnerable while charging the ground pound and flying down, it’s not an instant kill unless you directly hit them from a certain height and/or they’re low or no shields and you’re immobilized for a second after you land so it’s pretty similar to Spartan Charge aside from the splash damage. With GP, you’re also giving up your height advantage so it’s a more risk reward than SC. Is it gimmicky? Yes, but it’s more tolerable than SC.

Does it provide anything of value to Halo’s multiplayer? Not really. It’s just another insta-kill mechanic the keeps this game’s strategy shallow (same with spartan charge).

> 2727626560040591;4:
> You’re vulnerable while charging the ground pound and flying down, it’s not an instant kill unless you directly hit them from a certain height and/or they’re low or no shields and you’re immobilized for a second after you land so it’s pretty similar to Spartan Charge aside from the splash damage. With GP, you’re also giving up your height advantage so it’s a more risk reward than SC. Is it gimmicky? Yes, but it’s more tolerable than SC.

you basically restated what I already explained in my OP. I could care less how balanced ground pound possibly is or any arguments saying that it’s not overpowered. The fact is it’s a lame feature that creates uneventful kills and just interrupts gameplay in a negative way much like Reach’s camo and armor lock. Halo 3 had the most popular multiplayer of all Halo games and one of the most popular of all time, yet it didn’t rely on stupid things like ground pound and armor lock in order to “keep things fresh.” Ground pound is just another thing that gets in the way of the base gameplay that is 100% unnecessary.

I was making a counter point to you saying “at least with Spartan Charge you’re vulnerable while he/she is sprinting, and it’s not an almost instant kill like ground pound” which is implying that you don’t think you’re vulnerable with ground pound which is false and not an almost instant kill is false as well.

For both of your other points, you could say that with just about all of H5’s abilities with being shallow, lame and unnecessary. They aren’t gonna remove them because there are people who like those abilities and if they did remove one it would open up a can of worms for others to be removed as well and it would definitely be Spartan Charge before ground pound got the boot.

> 2727626560040591;7:
> I was making a counter point to you saying “at least with Spartan Charge you’re vulnerable while he/she is sprinting, and it’s not an almost instant kill like ground pound” which is implying that you don’t think you’re vulnerable with ground pound which is false.
>
> For both of your other points, you could say that with just about all of H5’s abilities with being shallow, lame and unnecessary. They aren’t gonna remove them because there are people who like those abilities and if they did remove one it would open up a can of worms for others to be removed as well and it would definitely be Spartan Charge before ground pound got the boot.

maybe some people like them, but a majority of people don’t. Pretty much every person I’ve met in Halo 5 hates the spartan abilities. I mean, they went as far as to remove it from HCS and Team Arena, so it’s not all that far fetched to hope that they remove it from Slayer also. People also like the 343 art style, but they are clearly ditching that too, so idk where you get the idea that SC and GP are well liked and are here to stay.

They only removed it from HCS/TA because they were responding to pro player feedback about those abilities and how they play in tournaments which is what those playlists represent. They don’t represent the entire game.

For your other point, the people you talked to don’t represent the overall population just like my comment doesn’t either, but I didn’t say they were well liked because I don’t know how many people like them. I just said there are people who like them. 343 isn’t going to carelessly remove abilities just because there are some people who don’t like them. They’ll do their own research, but it’s very doubtful anything will be removed just because they’re done with big changes to this game and they most likely just have a skeleton crew sustaining it.

> 2535448062173159;6:
> > 2727626560040591;4:
> > You’re vulnerable while charging the ground pound and flying down, it’s not an instant kill unless you directly hit them from a certain height and/or they’re low or no shields and you’re immobilized for a second after you land so it’s pretty similar to Spartan Charge aside from the splash damage. With GP, you’re also giving up your height advantage so it’s a more risk reward than SC. Is it gimmicky? Yes, but it’s more tolerable than SC.
>
> you basically restated what I already explained in my OP. I could care less how balanced ground pound possibly is or any arguments saying that it’s not overpowered. The fact is it’s a lame feature that creates uneventful kills and just interrupts gameplay in a negative way much like Reach’s camo and armor lock. Halo 3 had the most popular multiplayer of all Halo games and one of the most popular of all time, yet it didn’t rely on stupid things like ground pound and armor lock in order to “keep things fresh.” Ground pound is just another thing that gets in the way of the base gameplay that is 100% unnecessary.

So we’re just going to ignore the fact that there are regens, bubble shields, and power drains in Halo 3? Alongside wonky latency issues that combined horribly with projectile-based weaponry? Oh, and the BR had a random, uncontrollable spread. We’re also going to ignore the massive, undeniable advantages the host had? And bloodshots from sniper rifles?

Something being popular isn’t an argument for anything outside of popularity. It says nothing about the balance of the game.

> 2535448062173159;1:
> I could care less who wants to argue about it being balanced due to the noise it makes or how the player is required to float in the air and have a second of vulnerability when they hit the ground. I already know that.

Forums are for open discussion and a back and forth. Since you’re not interested in said discussion, thread locked.