Remove bullet magnetism entirely, at least.

The bullet magnetism is absolutely not necessary when the aim already slows down while passing over opponents and there is also sticky aim. To have bullet magnetism at the top of that is an overkill.

It actually breaks the weapon balance completely, making some more overpowered than they should be.

The removal of bullet magnetism would notably fix the DMR problem at long range, making power positions invalid based on the feedback of the MLG crowd.

Still, an option to turn OFF bullet magnetism, auto-aim and that our aim slows down while passing over opponents would be greatly welcome…

Play a 2 player game of campaign and try to kill each other… It takes forever because there is no bullet magnetism.

That would suck.

Do you actually know the difference between auto-aim, bullet magnetism and the aim that slows down?

http://youtu.be/RWaDwsGb1c0

I can land headshots perfectly in any game without all three if possible to remove them, I’m fine thx.

I hate the bullet magnetism. You zoom in with the DMR, hit them once, then if you zoom out and have it in their general direction you land every shot. Without it this game would be so much better and make other weapons a viable choice.

Aside from Halo:CE I don’t think there has been 1 halo without bullet magnetism.

I would say, tone it down to the Halo 3 bullet magnetism, but don’t remove it.

> Do you actually know the difference between auto-aim, bullet magnetism and the aim that slows down?
>
> http://youtu.be/RWaDwsGb1c0
>
> I can land headshots perfectly in any game without all three if possible to remove them, I’m fine thx.

Ive always said and I mean it that auto aim costs good players more kills than it gives. Any level of auto aim will have that affect but this might be a little too high.

Who cares if all Halo had bullet magnetism?
Remove it and the game will always have a better gameflow, the one it should have.

> Who cares if all Halo had bullet magnetism?
> Remove it and the game will always have a better gameflow, the one it should have.

Have you ever actually truly played without bullet magnetism? When the exact center if your reticule is the only place where the bullets go, and the opponent’s head is nothing but a small dot, it’s not fun. Completely getting rid of it would be nothing but a hindrance to flow of the game. Playing without bullet magnetism doesn’t feel good, it feels like the game had a bad hit detection when your reticule seems to be exactly on the opponent, but the center is ever so slightly to their side and you keep missing.

It’s true that there needs to be a drastic drop in both bullet magnetism and aim assist. But anyone asking for them to be removed completely has zero understanding of what they are talking about.

> Aside from Halo:CE I don’t think there has been 1 halo without bullet magnetism.
>
> I would say, tone it down to the Halo 3 bullet magnetism, but don’t remove it.

CE did have bullet magnetism. In fact, the manetism has been very similar in every Halo. The changes have only ever been very small. However, why it’s not so easy to hit in Halo CE and 3 as it is in rest of the game is because the two mentioned don’t use hitscan. Bullet travel slightly counteracts the effect of magnetism and aim assist.

They will never remove it, period.

A game designed for casuals, and then you think they’re going to remove the bullet magnetism so skilled players can enjoy the game.

What will happen, casuals will not like the game anymore, and skilled players won’t like the game any better, since there’s still too much casual -Yoink- in it that it’s not even Halo anymore.

> > Who cares if all Halo had bullet magnetism?
> > Remove it and the game will always have a better gameflow, the one it should have.
>
> Have you ever actually truly played without bullet magnetism? When the exact center if your reticule is the only place where the bullets go, and the opponent’s head is nothing but a small dot, it’s not fun. Completely getting rid of it would be nothing but a hindrance to flow of the game. Playing without bullet magnetism doesn’t feel good, it feels like the game had a bad hit detection when your reticule seems to be exactly on the opponent, but the center is ever so slightly to their side and you keep missing.
>
> It’s true that there needs to be a drastic drop in both bullet magnetism and aim assist. But anyone asking for them to be removed completely has zero understanding of what they are talking about.
>
>
>
> > Aside from Halo:CE I don’t think there has been 1 halo without bullet magnetism.
> >
> > I would say, tone it down to the Halo 3 bullet magnetism, but don’t remove it.
>
> CE did have bullet magnetism. In fact, the manetism has been very similar in every Halo. The changes have only ever been very small. However, why it’s not so easy to hit in Halo CE and 3 as it is in rest of the game is because the two mentioned don’t use hitscan. Bullet travel slightly counteracts the effect of magnetism and aim assist.

There is a hitbox around the head and the characters in most games. The head is usually larger than it looks already.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/wp-content/uploads//2012/03/hitboxes_0001_CSGO.jpg

Call of Duty is the most casual shooter far more fast-paced than Halo and it strictly features sticky aim and a system that slows down your crosshair as it passess over opponents. It doesn’t feature any sort of bullet magnetism and players are very accurate.

Halo is a much slower game with bigger characters, it doesn’t make any sense that it features insane bullet magnetism at the top of sticky aim and crosshair slow down.

And if you believe that a game without bullet magnetism doesn’t feel good, I don’t think you understand at all what is fun about competitive FPS games, because there is nothing that feels better than a pixel perfect headshot or rocket thrown seconds before it hit a target, stuff that makes you feel in perfect control over the game universe that you hold in your hands. It’s even better if you can remove the crosshair entirely and feel the gunplay rather than trying to manage a crosshair.

It’s not normal to play with all sorts of aim assist on console. People feel the need to because they just cannot accept that a thumbstick is different from a mouse and they don’t want to spend as much time to become as fluid.

Speaking of magnetism…I’m finding the magnetism for the plasma grenades thrown and sticking when I’m in a vehicle rather ridiculous at times.

> There is a hitbox around the head and the characters in most games. The head is usually larger than it looks already.
>
> http://blog.counter-strike.net/wp-content/uploads//2012/03/hitboxes_0001_CSGO.jpg

As far as I know, the hitboxes in Halo don’t work in that fashion. If you go to custom games, take a guest as your teammate, and start tracking the hitbox, you should end up to the conclusion that the hitbox is shaped very much as the player is. There are no huge blocks. If you miss the player model, you miss the shot.

> Call of Duty is the most casual shooter far more fast-paced than Halo and it strictly features sticky aim and a system that slows down your crosshair as it passess over opponents. It doesn’t feature any sort of bullet magnetism and players are very accurate.
>
> Halo is a much slower game with bigger characters, it doesn’t make any sense that it features insane bullet magnetism at the top of sticky aim and crosshair slow down.

Are you absolutely sure there is no magnetism in Call of Duty? Personally, I doubt it. There might very well be small amounts of it. Alternatively, the hitboxes might be constructed differently from those of Halo. Due to difference in design, comparing CoD to Halo doesn’t help your argument here. In the end, you should also take into account that CoD requires drastically less time to kill, which means less time spent aiming.

I had a debate about the necessity of bullet magnetism and aim assist few months ago. It made me to go to Halo CEA, and experiment with the Eye Patch skull that disables all aim assisting mechanics of any kind. It made me realize that for an enjoyable experience, some amount of bullet magnetism and aim assist is really needed. The fact alone that if there wasn’t any, the hit detection would be perceived as “broken” by many is enough reason to have then both.

> And if you believe that a game without bullet magnetism doesn’t feel good, I don’t think you understand at all what is fun about competitive FPS games, because there is nothing that feels better than a pixel perfect headshot or rocket thrown seconds before it hit a target, stuff that makes you feel in perfect control over the game universe that you hold in your hands. It’s even better if you can remove the crosshair entirely and feel the gunplay rather than trying to manage a crosshair.

Frankly, I don’t like my thumbs. Neither do I like how the analogue stick on the Xbox 360 controller is shaped nor do I like the stiffness of the default sticks. There are some shortcomings in the way we aim on consoles. And while it’s not impossible to aim without any assist, a matter of fact is that it’s so brutally difficult to most that such a game wouldn’t perform very well. If it’s uncomfortable to me, I can only imagine the kind of frustration it would awake in the average player.

> It’s not normal to play with all sorts of aim assist on console. People feel the need to because they just cannot accept that a thumbstick is different from a mouse and they don’t want to spend as much time to become as fluid.

It’s exponentially harder to aim with the sticks than a mouse. You have much less control over the movement of your thumb than you have over the movement of your whole hand. The control with a mouse is also much more direct. With the analogue stick you are controlling the speed and direction of your reticule through the position of the stick. With the mouse you are controlling the speed and direction through speed and direction, it’s much more direct and therefore more intuitive.

If I had to choose between Halo 4 level of bullet magnetism and no magnetism and all, would I choose Halo 4? No. But if I had freedom of choice, the optimal scenario would be a slight amount of magnetism and a slight amount of aim assist. Enough to make it comfortable but not too much to make aiming too easy.

I still dare to question have you ever actually tested Halo in a scenario with nothing to help you at aiming. It’s easier to say it’s not needed when you don’t realize how integral part of your experience it is, and how much it actually affects your aim.

Try playing a game only ever killing your teammates with firearms (not swords or melee). See how much more difficult it is to play.

Bullet magnetism is what makes it actually possible to use certain weapons and win, and it makes it a lot less difficult to score hits and headshots. It’s also a feature of the game, and a number of shooters at that. You’re just going to have to deal with it.

> > Aside from Halo:CE I don’t think there has been 1 halo without bullet magnetism.
> >
> > I would say, tone it down to the Halo 3 bullet magnetism, but don’t remove it.
>
> <mark>CE did have bullet magnetism.</mark> In fact, the manetism has been very similar in every Halo. The changes have only ever been very small. However, why it’s not so easy to hit in Halo CE and 3 as it is in rest of the game is because the two mentioned don’t use hitscan. Bullet travel slightly counteracts the effect of magnetism and aim assist.

Wrong.

The bullet magnetism could do with being toned down a hell of a lot.

> Do you actually know the difference between auto-aim, bullet magnetism and the aim that slows down?
>
> http://youtu.be/RWaDwsGb1c0
>
> I can land headshots perfectly in any game without all three if possible to remove them, I’m fine thx.

So that means you are such a boss that if we were on the same team and friendly fire was enabled you could own your team just as quick as the opposing team because you are so good you dont need, auto-aim, aim assist or bullet magnestism???

LMFAO!!!

> >
>
> So that means you are such a boss that if we were on the same team and friendly fire was enabled you could own your team just as quick as the opposing team because you are so good you dont need, auto-aim, aim assist or bullet magnestism???
>
> LMFAO!!!

Most people who aren’t completely terrible would adapt.

> > >
> >
> > So that means you are such a boss that if we were on the same team and friendly fire was enabled you could own your team just as quick as the opposing team because you are so good you dont need, auto-aim, aim assist or bullet magnestism???
> >
> > LMFAO!!!
>
> Most people who aren’t completely terrible would adapt.

As i said, if that were the case, you should be able to own your own team just as fast as you would the other, the reason bullet magnetism is implemented is to compensate for lag to halo 4 and reach’s horrendous net coding, however in h4 they increased this to assist terrible players and even worse net coding thus making killing a little easier, feel free to check out the you tube videos explaining this,

> > > >
> > >
> > > So that means you are such a boss that if we were on the same team and friendly fire was enabled you could own your team just as quick as the opposing team because you are so good you dont need, auto-aim, aim assist or bullet magnestism???
> > >
> > > LMFAO!!!
> >
> > Most people who aren’t completely terrible would adapt.
>
> As i said, if that were the case, you should be able to own your own team just as fast as you would the other, the reason bullet magnetism is implemented is to compensate for lag to halo 4 and reach’s horrendous net coding, however in h4 they increased this to assist terrible players and even worse net coding thus making killing a little easier, feel free to check out the you tube videos explaining this,

Given enough time most players would get used to not having crutches like bullet magnetism and aim assist, and would play just as well as they would with them. The only reason you think it’s hard to shoot your team mates is because you’re used to aim assist and bullet magnetism aiming for you.

> As i said, if that were the case, you should be able to own your own team just as fast as you would the other, the reason bullet magnetism is implemented is to compensate for lag to halo 4 and reach’s horrendous net coding, however in h4 they increased this to assist terrible players and even worse net coding thus making killing a little easier, feel free to check out the you tube videos explaining this,

No, it isn’t. Bullet magnetism has whole another reason to be there than make the experience more consistent for players who experience lag. It’s there to make aiming easier and that’s about all it is good for.

> Given enough time most players would get used to not having crutches like bullet magnetism and aim assist, and would play just as well as they would with them. The only reason you think it’s hard to shoot your team mates is because you’re used to aim assist and bullet magnetism aiming for you.

You really make me want to ask: has anyone advocating for the complete removal of bullet magnetism actually ever played any Halo without bullet magnetism? Because frankly, to me it seems that half of the people in this thread have little understanding of what kind of game mechanic they are talking about or/and are wildly overestimating their own skills and underestimating its effect on gameplay.