Remove breakout from team arena playlist?

Personally, I say yes.
it doesn’t fit the archytype for all the other game modes in the playlist.

breakout is a single life playlist based around CTF. it is not a gametype anymore than Snipers and shotties is… basically its what people were playing in custom games back in H2 H3 for fun.

that single life rule is not typical in halo matchmaking, not unwelcome but not generally considered a part of it. its fine on its own as a playlist but its not a gametype and most players will not want it mixed in with the others if they played any previous halo game.

no…its the best mode in the game…just don’t play with randoms…YOU WILL LOSE!

edit: sorry I thought you said remove the PLAYLIST…yes take it out of Team Arena.

How does a team game not fit the archetype of Team Arena?

I would just love playing Stronghold on any other map but Eden, or playing Eden with any other gametype besides Stronghold.

<mark>Do not post spam.</mark>

I was playing Team Arena with friends yesterday and we all enjoyed it when it came up. So long as it’s not heavily weighted in the playlist, I say keep it. It’s a nice break from the routine gametypes.
Proud member of (SSG) Sword & Shield Gaming: Play for fun, Play with honor. Visit www.swordandshieldgaming.com for recruitment details.

It just feels out of place with the other Arena game types. If it was a true mixed bag playlist like Actionsack then I don’t think I’d care as much.

I like breakout but I feel it should just stay in its own playlist. Also slayer should be removed from the playlist as well. Team Arena feels like it should be objective based gametypes.

It’s a jarring shift in gameplay styles, and definitely not one I’m good at. lol. I honestly didn’t even realize it was in Team Arena until it showed up. It’s definitely competitive, so it’s hard to argue against it being in what’s supposed to be THE competitive playlist, but at the same time it feels to me like you’re suddenly playing such a different game. Breakout doesn’t just change the object of the game (like flag or strongholds vs slayer) but it changes the basic rules by removing shields and respawn. It’s like playing SWAT. Great training exercise, and something people can get very very good at, making them better at a particular aspect of the game… but not actually ‘the game.’

It’s so messy having Arena Breakout in the Team Arena playlist, nothing against Breakout but if I want to play it I’d rather pay both normal Breakout and Arena Breakout in the Breakout playlist.

If I wanted to play Breakout… I would’ve selected Breakout, not Team Arena

if you talk about breakout on the normal game maps I agree but on The special breakout maps I disagree

in my 21 games of team arena i’ve played strongholds 3 times. strong holds is one of my favorite game types for arena =/

I’m not a fan at all of Arena Breakout because (in my opinion) it just doesn’t fit. Normal Breakout is my absolute favorite playlist, and it works well the way it is. I think they should just keep Arena Breakout as a voted weekend playlist (if people actually enjoy it) instead of officially having it in the rotation for Team Arena.

> 2533274842852757;9:
> It’s so messy having Arena Breakout in the Team Arena playlist, nothing against Breakout but if I want to play it I’d rather pay both normal Breakout and Arena Breakout in the Breakout playlist.

Please do not bump old threads, thanks.