Remove bloom from the DMR, recoil instead!

Anyone else agree that 343 should remove bloom from the DMR, and replace it with recoil insted? It’d match up the DMR and BR much better, and also make sense. Seriously, in rl,if you fire a gun, you don’t have bloom, you have recoil. Enogh said.

Although imagine all the Hollywood movies they could make where the bad guy is shooting, and ends up killing his henchmen, because there is bloom instead of recoil… :slight_smile:

Are you are being serious?
There is recoil in real life so it should apply to a sci-fi game?

You sir, are an idiot

Almost every weapon in Halo have bloom, but it’s not always showed on huds crosshair. If you want recoil like in military shooters (like Battlefield, Cod etc.) it would suit automatic rifles much better. Actually it could be interesting to apply it into some Assault Rifle, so player can control recoil during longer series with right analog stick, but I think that’s not what you had in mind.

At least recoil makes more sense than having bloom.
Although my point is that I’m trying to make the DMR and BR comparable in power, which currently they aren’t. Personally I couldn’t care if whatever they do to fix it is rl or not, just so long as they have an equal chance against each other.

In Halo you play as 26th century supersoldier who can lift Elephants and fall down to Earth from space and survive. Plus you have all those hi-tech, hud implemented, viewfinders. So “realistic” recoil from weapon that is actually 26th musket? Neh… Essence of DMR gameplay is based on bloom and this sizeshifting circle inside crosshair. Or at least it should be.

only thing that needs to be changed about dmr is how fast it shoots and the damage it does to vehicles. if they made br shoot faster than the dmr and do a little more damage that would also balance it

> In Halo you play as 26th century supersoldier who can lift Elephants and fall down to Earth from space and survive. Plus you have all those hi-tech, hud implemented, viewfinders. So “realistic” recoil from weapon that is actually 26th musket? Neh… Essence of DMR gameplay is based on bloom and this sizeshifting circle inside crosshair. Or at least it should be.

Nope, you’re so wrong here, isn’t it obvious that Master Chief is a reincarnation of Chuck Norris, it explains everything :slight_smile:

Seriously though, I get your point, just something needs to be done to bring the DMR on par with the BR…