Remove Armor Lock and Bring Back Power-Ups

Power-Ups are classic to Halo, not original, but it worked well for Halo. Armor Lock however does not. It gives too much power off-spawn for one person, and when there is a team, its like they all have Over-Shields.

I suggest the removal of Armor Lock from all Multiplayer playlists and the return of Over-Shield on certain maps. Maybe even remove Invisibility form the Load-Outs as well and bring it back as a power-up.

That I would like but only if we get to keep sprint and evade for a loadout. The jet packs, AL (over shield), camo, drop shield, should be pick ups.

Exactly what I was thinking. Armor Abilities like Sprint and Evade work for any game type, and personally work on a competitive level. Armor Lock, Jet Pack, Drop Shield, and Invis give the player too much to work with off spawn. What ever happened to having to think in this game? Not just Armor Lock your way out of trouble.

> Exactly what I was thinking. Armor Abilities like Sprint and Evade work for any game type, and personally work on a competitive level. Armor Lock, Jet Pack, Drop Shield, and Invis give the player too much to work with off spawn. What ever happened to having to think in this game? Not just Armor Lock your way out of trouble.

Yeah armor lock has just been a crutch for people. I think the load outs would be fine if left in btb or invasion as is but in 4v4 its just ridiculous. People just use armor lock in sword base and sit in the elevator shaft using the emp melee tactic.

Why not instead of completely removing AAs from the matchmaking, make them spawn on the map and be able to pick them up like a power up from previous games?

Yes, I agree with OP.

However, since that’s likely not going to change, I recommend removing AL from all playlists except for BTB, Invasion, and Firefight. They did it with the Dropshield, why not AL?

> Why not instead of completely removing AAs from the matchmaking, make them spawn on the map and be able to pick them up like a power up from previous games?

Cause Evade and Sprint work really well and doesnt give the player power. Just the option to evade gunfire or run faster. Its balanced at its core.

> Yes, I agree with OP.
>
> However, since that’s likely not going to change, I recommend removing AL from all playlists except for BTB, Invasion, and Firefight. They did it with the Dropshield, why not AL?

No all playlists. Armor Lock just gives the player a easy way out. Vehicle encounters get annoying with trying to use a Hog against someone who just Armor Locks.

> > Why not instead of completely removing AAs from the matchmaking, make them spawn on the map and be able to pick them up like a power up from previous games?
>
> Cause Evade and Sprint work really well and doesnt give the player power. Just the option to evade gunfire or run faster. Its balanced at its core.

But Sprint-double-beatdown is really annoying. I want Bleed-through back.

> > > Why not instead of completely removing AAs from the matchmaking, make them spawn on the map and be able to pick them up like a power up from previous games?
> >
> > Cause Evade and Sprint work really well and doesnt give the player power. Just the option to evade gunfire or run faster. Its balanced at its core.
>
> But Sprint-double-beatdown is really annoying. I want Bleed-through back.

Obviously but yes, bring back bleed through. However this is being discussed in another thread about general changes to Reach. This one focuses on Armor Lock, and Pick-Ups.

> > > > Why not instead of completely removing AAs from the matchmaking, make them spawn on the map and be able to pick them up like a power up from previous games?
> > >
> > > Cause Evade and Sprint work really well and doesnt give the player power. Just the option to evade gunfire or run faster. Its balanced at its core.
> >
> > But Sprint-double-beatdown is really annoying. I want Bleed-through back.
>
> Obviously but yes, bring back bleed through. However this is being discussed in another thread about general changes to Reach. This one focuses on Armor Lock, and Pick-Ups.

I hate AL, but it is less annoying on BTB and Invasion. That’s where AL should be limited to. They did it for the Drop Shield, why not AL?

> > > > > Why not instead of completely removing AAs from the matchmaking, make them spawn on the map and be able to pick them up like a power up from previous games?
> > > >
> > > > Cause Evade and Sprint work really well and doesnt give the player power. Just the option to evade gunfire or run faster. Its balanced at its core.
> > >
> > > But Sprint-double-beatdown is really annoying. I want Bleed-through back.
> >
> > Obviously but yes, bring back bleed through. However this is being discussed in another thread about general changes to Reach. This one focuses on Armor Lock, and Pick-Ups.
>
> I hate AL, but it is less annoying on BTB and Invasion. That’s where AL should be limited to. They did it for the Drop Shield, why not AL?

Trust me, play it enough and Armor Lock gets just as frustrating as in any other gametype. Im voting for full removal from the game.

> I suggest the removal of Armor Lock from all Multiplayer playliststs

trust the OP me and this guy have been doing this since halo 2 …i was a hardcore halo fan it wasthe only disc that was ever in my disc tray …but now its something that ive come to dread …its very simple they either have armor lock removed and address the other AA’s ( which in my opinion should all go the way of the radar jammer for H3 ) bring back a system that worked, power ups! either that or keep losing players off thier 24 hour counter =)…the balls in 343’s court lets see if the can fix ALL bungies mistakes

I doubt this will happen for Reach overall since there is now a Classic Playlist to debut in April.

> > I suggest the removal of Armor Lock from all Multiplayer playliststs
>
> trust the OP me and this guy have been doing this since halo 2 …i was a hardcore halo fan it wasthe only disc that was ever in my disc tray …but now its something that ive come to dread …its very simple they either have armor lock removed and address the other AA’s ( which in my opinion should all go the way of the radar jammer for H3 ) bring back a system that worked, power ups! either that or keep losing players off thier 24 hour counter =)…the balls in 343’s court lets see if the can fix ALL bungies mistakes

Would a slam dunk reference be too cliche’?

> I doubt this will happen for Reach overall since there is now a Classic Playlist to debut in April.

This game needs more than a classic playlist to fix its issues.

before anything is added things need to be changed and removed…every individual gamer has his own unique qaurrels with the game but when i group of people get together and agree on multiple aspects of the MP being horribly flawed then obviously theres a serious issue ith he game that needs to be addressed …and armor lock/AA is a serious issue …they arent the next gen MP scenario that was meant to feed bungies massive ego …they are a nussance and ajust plain dont do what they were meant to …with the exception of sprint because…how hard is it to mess up running…

> > > > > > Why not instead of completely removing AAs from the matchmaking, make them spawn on the map and be able to pick them up like a power up from previous games?
> > > > >
> > > > > Cause Evade and Sprint work really well and doesnt give the player power. Just the option to evade gunfire or run faster. Its balanced at its core.
> > > >
> > > > But Sprint-double-beatdown is really annoying. I want Bleed-through back.
> > >
> > > Obviously but yes, bring back bleed through. However this is being discussed in another thread about general changes to Reach. This one focuses on Armor Lock, and Pick-Ups.
> >
> > I hate AL, but it is less annoying on BTB and Invasion. That’s where AL should be limited to. They did it for the Drop Shield, why not AL?
>
> Trust me, play it enough and Armor Lock gets just as frustrating as in any other gametype. Im voting for full removal from the game.

AL is hardly annoying in BTB or invasion seeing has how the maps are bigger. Besides armor lock is more of anti vehicle AA to begin with. It works well with invasion since you dont get it till the third phase anyways. AL needs to be tweaked and moved to playlists like BTB and invasion not just removing it from the game.

No Armor Lock is a horrible AA. You say its used against vehicles in BTB? Well how bout instead just have more power-weapons on the map instead of giving a player a power-weapon off spawn. That way a team has to work together to over-come defeat just like the team thats spawn trapping them did.

remove it… there s no practical application for it. so you can destroy a vehical or avoid death for a few seconds while the person watches you and laughs because you couldnt defend yourself so you resort to AA to help you be better… all AL is good for is slowing down game play and giving kids with no chance , a chance to succeed … notice the bungle crew did alot of dumbing down the reach gameplay in an effort to make it more accesible to all players … /armor lock …

I totally agree with the dropping of the Armor Abilities other than, Sprint and Evade. If we had those and just power ups on the maps then it would be a fair game again. Plus if they up the run speed by like 5% it would feel like normal.

> I totally agree with the dropping of the Armor Abilities other than, Sprint and Evade. If we had those and just power ups on the maps then it would be a fair game again. Plus if they up the run speed by like 5% it would feel like normal.

5% speed increase would help as well. Sprint and Evade feels natural. The others just give the player too much power.