Remove ALL Community maps from TS!

… And add them to Squad, seriously, there is a great lack of maps for Squad Slayer, and most of this comm. maps feel more for 5v5 than 4v4 (of course, make he spawn changes if necesary), and I think that TS shouldnt be gettint the TU, but stay with the idea of having an option for Normal and another for TU on the same map (oh and of course, add Elite Slayer and Elite TU :D)

This way, getting rid of the Comm. Maps on TS will allow 4 players to be on the same console, the same team and not ruining a game for someone on the same team (as it currently does in SS), besides, TS feels more than a defualt setting, good for 4 players rather than the modified versions…

Squad has 4-player splitscreen enabled, Team Slayer only has 2. Forge World maps don’t have good performance with that many players.

> Squad has 4-player splitscreen enabled, Team Slayer only has 2. Forge World maps don’t have good performance with that many players.

Then swap 'em.

There was a guy back in Optimatch who made an excellent proposal similar to the OP’s. Squad was intended to be competitive; that is why it doesn’t have Armor Lock (I remember this being a big selling point when the playlist was announced). Split-screen gameplay is not competitive, however; it’s impossible to accurately skill-match guests, and all players involved are crippled because the screen is smaller and the graphics engine is operating at less-than-full capacity.

So swap the map selection and swap the local max counts. Problems solved.

> > Squad has 4-player splitscreen enabled, Team Slayer only has 2. Forge World maps don’t have good performance with that many players.
>
> Then swap 'em.
>
> There was a guy back in Optimatch who made an excellent proposal similar to the OP’s. Squad was intended to be competitive; that is why it doesn’t have Armor Lock (I remember this being a big selling point when the playlist was announced). Split-screen gameplay is not competitive, however; it’s impossible to accurately skill-match guests, and all players involved are crippled because the screen is smaller and the graphics engine is operating at less-than-full capacity.
>
> So swap the map selection and swap the local max counts. Problems solved.

Makes sense. I’d only support it if TS becomes TU next month.

In hindsight, it does make sense to make a full box as a team, and not have to throw some lucky random on a team of guests vs a team of five.

> > Squad has 4-player splitscreen enabled, Team Slayer only has 2. Forge World maps don’t have good performance with that many players.
>
> Then swap 'em.
>
> There was a guy back in Optimatch who made an excellent proposal similar to the OP’s. Squad was intended to be competitive; that is why it doesn’t have Armor Lock (I remember this being a big selling point when the playlist was announced). Split-screen gameplay is not competitive, however; it’s impossible to accurately skill-match guests, and all players involved are crippled because the screen is smaller and the graphics engine is operating at less-than-full capacity.
>

Like for instance Wayont, Affinity and many other community maps are better suited for 5v5 than they are for 4v4? The team sizes should be complimenting the local player limit so that 4 guest are on their own team and don’t have to burden the other 5th player in Squad.

5v5 with no guest is more competitive and naturally compliments the nature of Reach as a whole. So with no guest and a more competitive environment why not have a better selection of maps and throw in some CTF. Then team slayer can be the playlsit with guests and, if need be, remain Vanilla.

Is that the article you were referring to? :stuck_out_tongue:

> Like for instance Wayont, Affinity and many other community maps are better suited for 5v5 than they are for 4v4? The team sizes should be complimenting the local player limit so that 4 guest are on their own team and don’t have to burden the other 5th player in Squad.
>
> 5v5 with no guest is more competitive and naturally compliments the nature of Reach as a whole. So with no guest and a more competitive environment why not have a better selection of maps and throw in some CTF. Then team slayer can be the playlsit with guests and, if need be, remain Vanilla.
>
> Is that the article you were referring to? :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed, it was your exact proposal I was supporting. :slight_smile:

>
> Then swap 'em.
>
>

Not quite. It would probably need to be more than a simple straightforward swap of map selections. Why? Well, what about Pinnacle, Sword Base, and Anchor 9? None of these are in Squad Slayer (Unanchored is, but not Anchor 9), presumably because either they are not good enough for competitive play, or are not appropriate for 5v5.