Removal of low population playlist

In the latest bulletin, 343 said they are removing multi-team. This playlist can’t be made in to another playlist unlike Dominion, so why are they removing it? Because of low population. This means that this playlist will probably not see the light of day again.

Now, I know that playlist should be merged if they can, but something like this can’t be. Just like Team Throwdown can’t be removed either because competitive settings don’t mix with the Infinity Playlist. Multiple teams of 2 don’t mix with any playlist because it’s 2v2v2v2v2v2.

It kinda ticks me off a playlist like this is being removed because it doesn’t fit in to anywhere else. But that’s my Yoinkyness, how do you feel about the removal of Multi-team?

It’s a shame that 343 is getting rid of it. It was my second favorite game type too. They better add team objective or somthing because we will need a way to play real Odd Ball. Commendation wise.

I never really played multi-team in Halo 4 but it was one of my favourite playlists back in Halo 3, so it is a shame that it no longer has the numbers to support itself.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Halo 4. The first Halo to remove Multiteam from its online playlists. Just another thing happening to make the game look bad.

Exactly. I agree.

Who says the the lowest populated playlist (Throwdown) cant be removed? 343 should endeavor to please the most customers possible with every move they make.

If playlist A has more players the playlist B and you have to choose which one to ax, then you choose playlist B. Is their money worth more then yours?

The next game should have settings that does not require an alternative settings playlist to be competitive. If that requires 343 to have a third party come in and tell them how to make their game, then so be it.

Or they could grow a set of balls and decide for themselves what settings their game will be played competitively. Then there would be room for another playlist that draws more then a couple thousand (extremely generous guesstimate) per day.

Though Multi-Team is being removed, it is being moved into a rotational playlist.
This playlist will rotate every two weeks.

Sure it’s not ideal, but sacrifices must be made.
These are hard times for Halo.
We must all show our support if Halo is to ever escape this rut.
Hopefully, our support will pay off and we’ll get Multi-Team back in Halo 5.
:slight_smile:

Multi-team was a favorite of mine in Halo 3, and I even like it somewhat in H4. It sucks they are getting rid of it.

That said, they really screwed the pooch with Multi-team. 6 teams, which too many people for a game that handles lots of players badly, especially with the lag issues. And SWAT with 12 people? Awful.

The color schemes did not help. Green, Yellow, and an Off-Yellow Lime were just icing on the cake.

I’m honestly surprised 343 could screw up so many -Yoink- things in Halo 4. They should have waited 6 more months instead of releasing a beta game with no actual beta.

> Multi-team was a favorite of mine in Halo 3, and I even like it somewhat in H4. It sucks they are getting rid of it.
>
> That said, they really screwed the pooch with Multi-team. 6 teams, which too many people for a game that handles lots of players badly, especially with the lag issues. And SWAT with 12 people? Awful.
>
> The color schemes did not help. Green, Yellow, and an Off-Yellow Lime were just icing on the cake.
>
> I’m honestly surprised 343 could screw up so many Yoink! things in Halo 4. They should have waited 6 more months instead of releasing a beta game with no actual beta.

While I agree, it’s not their choice.
Microsoft makes the decisions.

> Halo 4. The first Halo to remove Multiteam from its online playlists. Just another thing happening to make the game look bad.

I understand why they are removing it. I haven’t seen it population over 500 in months.

Never really liked multiteam, but its a shame its being removed, along with dominion and others. Although it is being put into a rotational playlist that changes every two weeks, in which we will also see a return to race and rocket race make a return. Doing this also improves matchmaking experiences, so sacrifices have to be made.

Sacrifices? What would be better to do would be to add team objective bad remove CTF.

These are unique game modes, they offer unique experiences, oh yes, commendations too. Supposedly they remove them to consolidate other playlists to have more players on others. That’s understandable for things like, say legendary slayer. But unique game experiences to be removed? Rotational playlists should just an extra.

That’s like removing banana and oranges to consolidate apples. Apple pies and apples being still available.

I’m surprised people here aren’t more up at arms about this. Act now so they don’t do this! Speak up!

> > Halo 4. The first Halo to remove Multiteam from its online playlists. Just another thing happening to make the game look bad.
>
> I understand why they are removing it. I haven’t seen it population over 500 in months.

But this can’t be put in with other playlist, therefore whether low population or not, this is a unique playlist that can’t fit anywhere else.

> > > Halo 4. The first Halo to remove Multiteam from its online playlists. Just another thing happening to make the game look bad.
> >
> > I understand why they are removing it. I haven’t seen it population over 500 in months.
>
> But this can’t be put in with other playlist, therefore whether low population or not, this is a unique playlist that can’t fit anywhere else.

Well, there is Halo X1…But I’m getting ahead of myself.
I only ever played on game on multi team. But I liked it, aside from the fact that my team completely disregarded the name and went about shooting each other.
Maybe 343 could bring it back for a while when GotY comes out. The slight population spike could bring it over 1,000 players.

In case you missed it:

> 2013 Tentative Rotational Playlist Schedule
>
> 9/30 - King of the Hill
> 10/14 - Oddball
> 10/28 - Forge Playlist (specifics coming soon)
> <mark>11/11 - Multi-Team</mark>
> 11/25 - Dominion
> 12/9 - Race
> 12/23 - Rocket Race

> While I agree, it’s not their choice.
> Microsoft makes the decisions.

Christ, I hope that’s not the case. When publishers start micromanaging their devs, well, you get EA. If that’s the situation we find Halo in, the franchise will be as good as dead.

> In case you missed it:
>
>
>
> > 2013 Tentative Rotational Playlist Schedule
> >
> > 9/30 - King of the Hill
> > 10/14 - Oddball
> > 10/28 - Forge Playlist (specifics coming soon)
> > <mark>11/11 - Multi-Team</mark>
> > 11/25 - Dominion
> > 12/9 - Race
> > 12/23 - Rocket Race

By the 25th of November Multi-team is getting removed again.

honestly, its the only playlist i enjoy now (i just love the clusteryoink! battles) so i’ll likely give up playing halo 4 on Sep. 30 for GTA V… sayonara halo 4… i enjoyed ya while ya lasted.

> > While I agree, it’s not their choice.
> > Microsoft makes the decisions.
>
> Christ, I hope that’s not the case. When publishers start micromanaging their devs, well, you get EA. If that’s the situation we find Halo in, the franchise will be as good as dead.

He’s talking about the release date. Not playlist choices. Your original post made it seem like it was 343i’s fault for releasing early.
Same thing happened to Bungie with Halo 2.

Learn your game development!