Removal of hitscan?

I’ve been switching back and forth between halo 4 and halo 3 lately and for some reason, kills in halo 3 feel a lot more rewarding. A halo 3 br battle, for example, is more dynamic because you have to lead the target and therefore anticipate where your opponents going more so than in reach and 4. This also keeps the br in a medium range niche.

So I was thinking, with all the new tech and dedicated servers, perhaps non-hitscan in halo 5 will work even better than it did in halo 3. I think it would definitely help balance the ridiculously powerful rifles of halo 4.

What do you guys think? Do you like non-hitscan?

While I’d like hitscan to disappear, I’d also like projectiles to move faster than they did in Halo 3. At least for Bullet weapons.

The BR bullets in Halo 3 moved painfully slow. It felt like a Plasma Weapon.

Non-hitscan is ideal, but it depends on the capabilities of the netcode itself.

I personally don’t have any issue with projectiles registering in Battlefield 3, but I can’t speak for everyone.

> Non-hitscan is ideal, but it depends on the capabilities of the netcode itself.
>
> I personally don’t have any issue with projectiles registering in Battlefield 3, but I can’t speak for everyone.

Before the servers were moved from Bungie to Microsoft, Halo Reach could have supported Bullet Travel easily. But Halo Reach in it’s current state, and Halo 4 are far too unpredictably laggy. Microsoft’s servers are terrible.

The removal of hit scan is my biggest wish for Halo 5’

H3 between its poor net code, P2P hosting, and projectile weapons made for a very inconsistent and occasionally infuriating experience online. It was magical on LAN though. But since H5 is going to have Deds instead of P2P hosting and hopefully a superior net code than even Reach and H4 I’m in favor of trying projectile weapons again.

> Non-hitscan is ideal, but it depends on the capabilities of the netcode itself.
>
> I personally don’t have any issue with projectiles registering in Battlefield 3, but I can’t speak for everyone.

It depends. I’ve personally never had projectiles not registering. However, the way they are handled, it causes artifacts where you often kill and get killed despite the target already having run behind a wall. That’s my observation. I wouldn’t really call it good, but the potential that non-hitscan weapons have in terms of skill is worth the sacrifice.

The weapons should be slightly projectile ie. The bullets from certain weapons take an almost imperceptible amount of time to reach their targets. Weapons that should have this kind of projectile are the AR, DMR and SAW (7.62mm ammunition). The Sniper Rifle, BR, and SMG have really high velocity ammunition, so this wouldnt apply.

Im with you dude. They have dedicated servers now it should be no prob. Make gun fights more rewarding now.