Removal of couch co-op killed my excitement

It seems to be that now, gone are the late nights of Halo in a dark room, with a friend, or two, or three. Having a blast on one console, laughing, feeling the connection, and fun that doesn’t come with online play and a headset. Yes, times can be very fun online, I’ve had many very good friends solely through Xbox Live, although there is no denying the special feeling of couch co-op, of blasting aliens with your friends, in the same room, on the same xbox, on the same TV until the -Yoink–crack of dawn and later, denying the call of sleep for that one last co-op campaign level, firefight wave, custom game, or game of local doubles.
Now I will say 343 has done (as far as I have seen) an okay job with the Halo since they’ve taken it over, I personally have yet to have an issue with the MCC and I am able to play local multiplayer/matchmaking so there’s a plus for me. I will say that I have played all of the Halo games multiple times by myself, locally with friends, and with friends online, I have been playing them since the release of Combat Evolve, and playing online since Halo 2. Halo is and will always be the poster child of Xbox for many, I believe that this is because of the tradition that it has kept when it comes to playing with others, it has never required an internet connection to be fun, if you had another person to play with you could play offline, on one system, for hours, now 343, whom we trusted Halo with, is completely removing an important social aspect of not only Halo, but gaming in general.
343 seems to be caught up in itself, they are removing an integral part of Halo that is dear to the hearts of many fans, and long time players of the series, for graphical reasons. They want 60 fps, so they take away a part of the experience of the game itself, which IMO Halo has really kept local multiplayer alive up until, well, now. Halo is now becoming a local single player game, I don’t expect this post, or any others to change anything in that matter, but i had to get this out here.
Or is it a money issue for 343? I mean now, if four people want to play co-op in the same room it would require, 4 systems, 4 games, and lets say a year of gold for each just because, simple math would mean that comes out to about 1700 + the cost of 4 TVs. To me this is sickening and easily seen as a money making scheme. I personally bought an Xbox solely for Halo, I am now seriously questioning my purchase.

That’s a nice opinion you’ve got there. Lucky for you, others have voiced their similar opinions on other well established threads where you should also take yours.

> 2533274832341423;2:
> That’s a nice opinion you’ve got there. Lucky for you, others have voiced their similar opinions on other well established threads where you should also take yours.

THANKS