Remixed Maps

I don’t understand why everyone hates remixes so bad? I’m under the impression that the new map showcased is a remix of fathom, and frankly it looks freaking awesome!

Plus all these remixes play completely different, look completely different, but at the same time include the same great gameplay/advantages of the original maps.
“This is just my opinion, but it sounds like you guys just hate these maps cause there called remixes, implying a lack of effort from 343 in map design.”

P.S. Love you guys don’t hate me :stuck_out_tongue:

I have no problem with remix maps.

> 2533274806462140;2:
> I have no problem with remix maps.

So far it seems like its you and me brother! haha

I do because of 343 trying to pass them off -Yoink- “another map”. It’s just being lazy and remixing an already existing map. Truth,Regret. Empire,Eden. Plaza,Overgrowth. I understand they “play differently” but there’s no denying the laziness from 343. Only the Halo fan base would defen this kind of laziness…

For me its because i dont really like any of the maps in the game and to see them reuse those maps and just move a section or add a new room it just isnt right to me and i dont make games but i know it doesnt take as muchh effort as creating an entirely new map like has been done in every game in the past also it feels like youre playing on the same maps over and over again and it doesnt help that there was only so few to begin with thats why we dont like it

People are upset because a lot of on-disc maps share this similar “human” feel. See Fathom, Empire, Rig, Noctus, Eden, etc. They all look very samey.

Remixes aren’t really bringing anything new to the table in terms of looks. People want new, fresh maps that look different.

Of course, the maps all play completely different.

I agree with you.

Remixes take the same amount of time and effort to make as other maps. Just because they share a similar vibe to the original doesn’t mean jack. In fact, if they m released a remix and didn’t say it was a remix, most of the people crying about them wouldn’t even notice.

343 has -Yoinked!- up a lot in H5, but let’s not invent problems on top of that.

> 2533274812949247;4:
> I do because of 343 trying to pass them off -Yoink- “another map”. It’s just being lazy and remixing an already existing map. Truth,Regret. Empire,Eden. Plaza,Overgrowth. I understand they “play differently” but there’s no denying the laziness from 343. Only the Halo fan base would defen this kind of laziness…

I am a fan boy, wont deny that.lol but man… The maps basically are different maps, if anything they just use set pieces to give you the feel you have been there before. If anything I think it would be harder reimagining a competitive map to play and feel completely different, instead of just drawing up a new design. That’s why remakes are always so hard

> 2533274813061580;6:
> People are upset because a lot of on-disc maps share this similar “human” feel. See Fathom, Empire, Rig, Noctus, Eden, etc. They all look very samey.
>
> Remixes aren’t really bringing anything new to the table in terms of looks. People want new, fresh maps that look different.
>
> Of course, the maps all play completely different.

I agree with half of this, I do think that there were a lack of original maps to begin with, however I feel like the remixes make the map look and feel completely different! Heck, truth is all purple and spacey, and regret is a crashed ship aged for years with overgrowth… I think the remixes Look different in an awesome way, especially the plaza remix and the new fathom remix

> 2533274829675476;8:
> Remixes take the same amount of time and effort to make as other maps. Just because they share a similar vibe to the original doesn’t mean jack. In fact, if they m released a remix and didn’t say it was a remix, most of the people crying about them wouldn’t even notice.
>
> 343 has -Yoinked!- up a lot in H5, but let’s not invent problems on top of that.

I’ll call BS on that. I noticed they were remixes immediately because of how similar they are. No ones making up problems I’m just expressing my views on the game I see before me.

Its barely a step above from Reach ripping all their maps out of Campaign.

> 2533274813061580;6:
> People are upset because a lot of on-disc maps share this similar “human” feel. See Fathom, Empire, Rig, Noctus, Eden, etc. They all look very samey.
>
> Remixes aren’t really bringing anything new to the table in terms of looks. People want new, fresh maps that look different.
>
> Of course, the maps all play completely different.

The real issue is in all the bright neon colours! They need to fire that multiplayer designer who said, “I hate dark colours!”.

> 2533274812949247;11:
> > 2533274829675476;8:
> > Remixes take the same amount of time and effort to make as other maps. Just because they share a similar vibe to the original doesn’t mean jack. In fact, if they m released a remix and didn’t say it was a remix, most of the people crying about them wouldn’t even notice.
> >
> > 343 has -Yoinked!- up a lot in H5, but let’s not invent problems on top of that.
>
>
> I’ll call BS on that. I noticed they were remixes immediately because of how similar they are. No ones making up problems I’m just expressing my views on the game I see before me.
>
> Its barely a step above from Reach ripping all their maps out of Campaign.

You’ve got it the other way around, in terms of multiplayer at least. The maps were designed for multiplayer first, then placed into the campaign.

Firefight maps on the other hand were ripped out of the campaign, which makes perfect sense.

Honestly think of it this way:
Its always easier to make something new! completely blank slate, but having to reimagine something to make it feel new a fresh is always so much harder, especially if you have ever taken an art class. idk maybe I’m wrong.lol

> 2533274834023375;14:
> Honestly think of it this way:
> Its always easier to make something new! completely blank slate, but having to reimagine something to make it feel new a fresh is always so much harder, especially if you have ever taken an art class. idk maybe I’m wrong.lol

Totally. I understand why they’re doing remixed maps - it’s a cool concept and it is clearly saving them time on some fronts.

I’m just hoping in the long run, we see some original maps thrown in too.

> 2533274813061580;15:
> > 2533274834023375;14:
> > Honestly think of it this way:
> > Its always easier to make something new! completely blank slate, but having to reimagine something to make it feel new a fresh is always so much harder, especially if you have ever taken an art class. idk maybe I’m wrong.lol
>
>
> Totally. I understand why they’re doing remixed maps - it’s a cool concept and it is clearly saving them time on some fronts.
>
> I’m just hoping in the long run, we see some original maps thrown in too.

I’m right there with you, keep the remixes coming, and keep throwing in new originals at the same time, that will add a plethora of awesome maps to play

The issue is that with one exception the only maps that have been added are remixes or forge maps. I don’t think people have a problem with remix maps as a concept, but they shouldn’t be the main source of content until they run out of maps to remix. Ideally they would be stop gaps in between significant updates of brand new(as in built from scratch). To use Halo 3 as an example they would be used in between the Heroic and Legendary map pack.

Having more remixes and forge maps added onto a base game that was already stuffed full of remixes and forge maps is going to rub some people the wrong way. Especially considering the justification for adding micro-transactions was partly to support “free” DLC, so far they have not shown it to be a great tradeoff. They have not really offered much of value given how remixes and forge maps are inherently less resource intensive.

> 2533274819446242;17:
> The issue is that with one exception the only maps that have been added are remixes or forge maps. I don’t think people have a problem with remix maps as a concept, but they shouldn’t be the main source of content until they run out of maps to remix. Ideally they would be stop gaps in between significant updates of brand new(as in built from scratch). To use Halo 3 as an example they would be used in between the Heroic and Legendary map pack.
>
> Having more remixes and forge maps added onto a base game that was already stuffed full of remixes and forge maps is going to rub some people the wrong way. Especially considering the justification for adding micro-transactions was partly to support “free” DLC, so far they have not shown it to be a great tradeoff. They have not really offered much of value given how remixes and forge maps are inherently less resource intensive.

I can see where you are coming from, and I thought the micro-transactions were just to support the tourney? Plus I think the whole remaking the new engine for a new console is really why there is a lack of content at launch, given I’m sure they had a strict deadline

Remixes wouldn’t be so bad if they came alongside original, dev made maps. Instead we’re getting a different take on each map, which limits how different it can be. Getting brand new maps is more preferable because there’s no specific template for them to follow, so they have more freedom, and that allows more variety throughout the map selection.

I’m also satisfied with the remix maps. Would I like to see some originals too? Of course. I think a lot of the people that hate remixes are the ones who don’t like what we have to begin with (as one dude said) but if they play differently than the originals, which they do, it starts to seem like they’re just insatiable players anyway.