Remixed maps are bad?

Every once in awhile I come across people flaming the remixed maps that are added, though It’s been pretty calm now (probably due to the falcon myth) I bet I’ll see something like this again. I just want to understand why remixed maps get so much hate.

Now I know some say these maps are lazy because they reuse assets from the originals maps, which is true, but the remixed maps still look and play differently from the original maps.

Idk, I just want to understand. I still think the remixed maps are more original than the re-skined armor sets with white lines.

It’s because almost all of the remix maps are terrible or too similar to the original

The added maps in this game post launch have been pretty awful. Very happy they are free or I would be regretting paying money for them.

> 2533274988394857;2:
> It’s because almost all of the remix maps are terrible or too similar to the original

yet none of them play anything like the original. The remixes are great and play alot differently.
Remixs are also much better than keep getting remakes of old games maps. Im tired of seeing terrible maps like, Bloodgulch, Midship, Valhalla etc over and over again

> 2533274988394857;2:
> It’s because almost all of the remix maps are terrible or too similar to the original

There could be several arguments against remixes, but “too similar” isn’t one of them. Eden is the closest as a remix of Empire, and it still plays very different. Overgrowth, Riptide, and Regret play VERY differently from Plaza, Fathom, and Truth.

The re-used assets thing is honestly the best argument against them, but if it plays well I couldn’t give less of a damn. I hold off on judging remixes until we play them. If the reused assets help them make a map faster (without making it a forge map), and it’s good, fine by me. We know they can make good maps, and we know they can make good dlc maps in Tyrant. I think a Torque remix has potential, especially if it is smaller. I guess we’ll find out.

> 2602973356072471;4:
> > 2533274988394857;2:
> > It’s because almost all of the remix maps are terrible or too similar to the original
>
>
> yet none of them play anything like the original. The remixes are great and play alot differently.
> Remixs are also much better than keep getting remakes of old games maps. Im tired of seeing terrible maps like, Bloodgulch, Midship, Valhalla etc over and over again

You had credibility and then you lost it when you called midship, blood gulch and Valhalla all terrible maps. I’m tired of seeing them as well, but there is a reason why they keep getting remade.

> 2533274845846487;6:
> > 2602973356072471;4:
> > > 2533274988394857;2:
> > > It’s because almost all of the remix maps are terrible or too similar to the original
> >
> >
> > yet none of them play anything like the original. The remixes are great and play alot differently.
> > Remixs are also much better than keep getting remakes of old games maps. Im tired of seeing terrible maps like, Bloodgulch, Midship, Valhalla etc over and over again
>
>
> You had credibility and then you lost it when you called midship, blood gulch and Valhalla all terrible maps. I’m tired of seeing them as well, but there is a reason why they keep getting remade.

They are terrible maps.

Did the OP say remixed maps play differently? Because actually no they don’t they play very similar and that is the problem. What ever happened to map diversity? They have great map diversity in warzone. Each map is a different location and all play differently… you are going to try and tell me plaza and it’s remix overgrowth play differently? They don’t imo… remixes are really 343s lazy way of additional content… at this point I would rather them give us remakes of old maps than remixes of new maps. At least then the maps would be different from each other.

> 2602973356072471;7:
> > 2533274845846487;6:
> > > 2602973356072471;4:
> > > > 2533274988394857;2:
> > > > It’s because almost all of the remix maps are terrible or too similar to the original
> > >
> > >
> > > yet none of them play anything like the original. The remixes are great and play alot differently.
> > > Remixs are also much better than keep getting remakes of old games maps. Im tired of seeing terrible maps like, Bloodgulch, Midship, Valhalla etc over and over again
> >
> >
> > You had credibility and then you lost it when you called midship, blood gulch and Valhalla all terrible maps. I’m tired of seeing them as well, but there is a reason why they keep getting remade.
>
>
> They are terrible maps.

You can easily make this statement true by adding IMO in front.

> 2533274816788253;8:
> Did the OP say remixed maps play differently? Because actually no they don’t they play very similar and that is the problem. What ever happened to map diversity? They have great map diversity in warzone. Each map is a different location and all play differently… you are going to try and tell me plaza and it’s remix overgrowth play differently? They don’t imo… remixes are really 343s lazy way of additional content… at this point I would rather them give us remakes of old maps than remixes of new maps. At least then the maps would be different from each other.

Not completely true. Truth and Regret play nothing alike. Ones about spread map control and ones about top mid and base chases. Other than that example tho, I’d agree with everything else you’ve said. I’m getting tired of the remixes.

I just added a post about this very thing. Where were you all yesterday!?!

> 2533274816788253;8:
> Did the OP say remixed maps play differently? Because actually no they don’t they play very similar and that is the problem. What ever happened to map diversity? They have great map diversity in warzone. Each map is a different location and all play differently… you are going to try and tell me plaza and it’s remix overgrowth play differently? They don’t imo… remixes are really 343s lazy way of additional content… at this point I would rather them give us remakes of old maps than remixes of new maps. At least then the maps would be different from each other.

Uh…Plaza and Overgrowth play absolutely nothing alike. Plaza has long sight lines that can be controlled in key points around the edges, and Overgrowth is a CQB maze with an emphasis on the power weapons being in the only open spots on the map, making them dangerous to get.

> 2535439922866403;10:
> > 2533274816788253;8:
> > Did the OP say remixed maps play differently? Because actually no they don’t they play very similar and that is the problem. What ever happened to map diversity? They have great map diversity in warzone. Each map is a different location and all play differently… you are going to try and tell me plaza and it’s remix overgrowth play differently? They don’t imo… remixes are really 343s lazy way of additional content… at this point I would rather them give us remakes of old maps than remixes of new maps. At least then the maps would be different from each other.
>
>
> Not completely true. Truth and Regret play nothing alike. Ones about spread map control and ones about top mid and base chases. Other than that example tho, I’d agree with everything else you’ve said.

I almost wouldn’t even count truth and regret as remixes… Sure they are both made from midship inspiration but they were designed just different enough to play different. Other remixes they practically just reskinned the original map.

It is because they feel too much like their originals, they reuse textures and assets as well as full on areas, and although they play differently they don’t feel like new maps. I like them, I enjoy new maps, but even though I am not one to complain about the way things look, sometimes looks can help define the feel of a map. For example Lockout and Blackout are both the same map, but Blackout somehow feels different, even though it is literally the same thing.

Tyrant was a great map addition because it is visually and plays totally different than other maps… This update we are getting Stasis which looks to be torque with snow on it. I won’t bash it just yet as I kinda like torque, but I really don’t want another torque either.

> 2533274816788253;13:
> > 2535439922866403;10:
> > > 2533274816788253;8:
> > > Did the OP say remixed maps play differently? Because actually no they don’t they play very similar and that is the problem. What ever happened to map diversity? They have great map diversity in warzone. Each map is a different location and all play differently… you are going to try and tell me plaza and it’s remix overgrowth play differently? They don’t imo… remixes are really 343s lazy way of additional content… at this point I would rather them give us remakes of old maps than remixes of new maps. At least then the maps would be different from each other.
> >
> >
> > Not completely true. Truth and Regret play nothing alike. Ones about spread map control and ones about top mid and base chases. Other than that example tho, I’d agree with everything else you’ve said.
>
>
> I almost wouldn’t even count truth and regret as remixes… Sure they are both made from midship inspiration but they were designed just different enough to play different. Other remixes they practically just reskinned the original map.

I feel the same. Not sure about Stasis yet, but for some reason I don’t think it will be that much different that Torque. We need more original maps. Tyrant has been the most widely accepted map 343 has made since launch. Coincidence?

I honestly don’t mind remixes. They add a little extra spice to a map layout. That being said, when every “new” map is a remix, it gets pretty stagnant.

“Oh, this sight line is gone” or “I can’t use this entrance because it’s blocked” is kind of stale.

> 2533274816788253;8:
> Each map is a different location and all play differently… you are going to try and tell me plaza and it’s remix overgrowth play differently? They don’t imo…

To me, the 2 remixes that play the MOST differently from their originals is Overgrowth and Riptide. Now of course, there are a lot of similarities, but getting around those two maps are vastly especially with added tunnels and walkways.

I do, however, agree and Empire plays EXACTLY like Eden as with Regret to Truth. Removing the walkway and adding in a few more doesn’t shake up the core aspect of those maps.

Although, Regret is the bane of my existence in SWAT because of the walkways to the top middle from all sides. I tend to get blindsided a lot on that map.

Stasis is going to be a remix of Torque, which leaves a remix of Rig for Hog Wild. I hope they start introducing new maps after that, but since Hog Wild is the last of the confirmed free expansions, who knows where the future of additional content will be for Halo 5.

> 2533274797328974;9:
> > 2602973356072471;7:
> > > 2533274845846487;6:
> > > > 2602973356072471;4:
> > > > > 2533274988394857;2:
> > > > > It’s because almost all of the remix maps are terrible or too similar to the original
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > yet none of them play anything like the original. The remixes are great and play alot differently.
> > > > Remixs are also much better than keep getting remakes of old games maps. Im tired of seeing terrible maps like, Bloodgulch, Midship, Valhalla etc over and over again
> > >
> > >
> > > You had credibility and then you lost it when you called midship, blood gulch and Valhalla all terrible maps. I’m tired of seeing them as well, but there is a reason why they keep getting remade.
> >
> >
> > They are terrible maps.
>
>
> You can easily make this statement true by adding IMO in front.

He’s right Bungie’s classic maps were terrible. How can they even compare to the majesty of the classic 343I maps such as… Well I cant think of any.

> 2783251376877086;18:
> > 2533274797328974;9:
> > > 2602973356072471;7:
> > > > 2533274845846487;6:
> > > > > 2602973356072471;4:
> > > > > > 2533274988394857;2:
> > > > > > It’s because almost all of the remix maps are terrible or too similar to the original
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > yet none of them play anything like the original. The remixes are great and play alot differently.
> > > > > Remixs are also much better than keep getting remakes of old games maps. Im tired of seeing terrible maps like, Bloodgulch, Midship, Valhalla etc over and over again
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > You had credibility and then you lost it when you called midship, blood gulch and Valhalla all terrible maps. I’m tired of seeing them as well, but there is a reason why they keep getting remade.
> > >
> > >
> > > They are terrible maps.
> >
> >
> > You can easily make this statement true by adding IMO in front.
>
>
> He’s right Bungie’s classic maps were terrible. How can they even compare to the majesty of the classic 343I maps such as… Well I cant think of any.

You do know that bungie didn’t make the maps

> 2535439922866403;10:
> > 2533274816788253;8:
> > Did the OP say remixed maps play differently? Because actually no they don’t they play very similar and that is the problem. What ever happened to map diversity? They have great map diversity in warzone. Each map is a different location and all play differently… you are going to try and tell me plaza and it’s remix overgrowth play differently? They don’t imo… remixes are really 343s lazy way of additional content… at this point I would rather them give us remakes of old maps than remixes of new maps. At least then the maps would be different from each other.
>
>
> Not completely true. Truth and Regret play nothing alike. Ones about spread map control and ones about top mid and base chases. Other than that example tho, I’d agree with everything else you’ve said. I’m getting tired of the remixes.

They play the same. Truth you hug the sides, same in Regret. You’d have to be crazy to think they play different.