Remembering Reach

When developing future Halo titles, what aspects of Halo: Reach would best atone to you and your view of Reach?

Poll options are limited, if there’s a more detailed response, post it up here for us to see!

For me, it would be the return of Armor effects and armor variation. With H5 having fast paced battles and assistance factors pertaining to aiming, there shouldn’t be a reason NOT to sport a flaming helmet or some glimmer on your Spartan.

I liked the customization in reach, and living dead was a lots of fun with friends.

The falcon was so awesome, and I love that it needed teamwork to be effective

As much as I would like to see many of these things return in the next halo, we all know its just not going to happen with the direction the 343/microsoft is heading. they produced two failed halo’s in a row(MCC doesn’t necessarily count because 75% made by bungie and the overall project didn’t involve 343 much at all), the franchise future is looking pretty dim at this point.

At this point, I’d be happy with an updated Halo Reach on the xbox one(I’m not talking full remaster/remake, more like basically an enhanced version of reach that takes advantage of the Xbox one’s hardware(60fps, 1080p or higher texture resolution, increased forge budget for example)).

1: Customization, variety and overall look (attachments, sensors, bulky look, ammunition, scratches, color scheme)
2: Armor effects
3: Firefight

Just bring everything back reach is awesome (best Halo imo)

For better or worse, the thing I remember most about Reach was the Armor Lock ability. I remember it being frustrating most of the time, yet sometimes producing hilarious results. The level of absurdity it brought to the game is something I miss. I understand the competitve lean Halo 5 is going for, which lends a more serious tone that I’m on the fence about.

I can tell you one thing I want back - grenades that move cars around. Much hilarity ensued while chucking grenades on the ground, exploding under a warthog sending it careening over the edge of the map.

> 2533274904137661;2:
> I liked the customization in reach, and living dead was a lots of fun with friends.

miss this so much

Customization for sure. Whether it be armor (love the battle-worn look and many variations), or game types. Keep on keeping on!

It was hard to chose one of these, I like just about every part of halo reach.

> 2533274884428938;9:
> It was hard to chose one of these, I like just about every part of halo reach.

Then we both are in agreement!

Reach’s customization was spot on! Looks like how a real spartan should, the new Armour just looks far to polished and alien.

I have mixed feelings about Reach’s customization system.

I do like the idea of having multiple versions and attachments of armor pieces, and the UI for it was leaps and bounds better than Halo 5’s, but I disliked the cR system. It made it too difficult to get things that you wanted. You had to unlock it, and then you also had to earn the credits to buy it. The other thing is that while a lot of Reach’s armor looked really good, we were very limited in our options on basic armor sets. Don’t get me wrong, I think that Halo 5 has far too many, but somewhere in between would be perfect for me.

> 2533274832649822;11:
> Reach’s customization was spot on! Looks like how a real spartan should, the new Armour just looks far to polished and alien.

I feel the need to point out that GEN2 MJOLNIR has incorporated Forerunner technology, and canonically humankind is just generally more technologically advanced at this point, and I think it’s important that the armor reflects this.

There is no option for choose everything ? ^^
The armor customization, the firefight, the forge, and all good times I spended on multiplayer, Reach is definitly my favorite Halo.