Remember with me

After a long discussion with a friend on XBL, we’ve realized what we think has been missing in Halo 4… Freedom of variety…

Go ahead and think back to your previous Halo games. Things as simple as armor aren’t even as individual as in the past. A Hayabuse Katana Ninja, or a Bumblebee Security head. People playing in SWAT as elites, or just being an elite in general.

Think back to searching the secret of sandtrap. Remember overloading and leaving maps? How about trying to flip the elephant, or making drop pods out of UNSC weapon racks. How many times have you hid in the crashed phantom?

Fusion coil walls, brute shot jumping, interactive maps with lights that follow you. Simple things to make, but easy to forget. Forging out of bounds. No countdowns, no instant death barriers, just cool looking geometry. Maps of all shapes, sizes, seasons, and colors. Accidently hitting the camo guy driving a warthog.

This is only Halo 3. Remember 2? Experimenting vehicle gameplay for the first time. BXR and quadshotting anyone? Superbounces galore, maybe glitching wasn’t your thing… Tower of power? Lava? CLANS? The list goes on forever…

Halo used to be so different. Played the way people wanted. We had options, and many places to choose from. Look up a Halo 4 funtage… Short, monotonous, and repetitive. Now go look up the Halo 3 'tages. Jumping, hiding spots, gameplay, ninjatage, musicvideohell, the was SO MUCH VARIETY.

Catapults on standoff? Instagib on guardian? People used to make cool signatures for fileshare, and people represented themselves via screenshot.

There is no end to the level of customization and appeal the old games have. Its not about me wanting Halo 2-3 back, it’s about all the extras we did when we got bored of matchmaking. It’s about the community that spawned out of fun and variety. From racing wheelmen to mini-game enthusiast. From MLG to HLG. From Map-makes to map breakers, the older games had something for everyone.

Now we’re being lined up and told what were allowed to play every Monday. We’re not allowed to ask girls for sandwiches on a M-Rated games because devs care more about feminism than community interaction. We can’t even camp our favorite weapon anymore, because we don’t get to know when it drops anymore!! I wanted to play a game, not be directed in a police state.

I know outside of the normal, you’ve all had some fun times in the previous Halo games doing something that’s impossible now. What are those things you remember?

P.S… No random weapon spawn option in customs? I can’t play fiesta?
You said “Trust Us” 343. How do you expect that when the custom content system isn’t available a month after launch?

And no word about Halo CE? with the custom created maps, that are fully custom, not a forge!

Well tell me about what you remember from it!
CE opened my eyes to a new world. 343 is ruining that world for me. Nothing new and exciting.

Inifnity slayer only has a high population because its first on the list. Put a classic slayer variant in and it will do mediocre. Change the name to Team Slayer and put it on the top slot, and it will have a huge pop. It’s called psychology, which apparently nobody at 343 majored in.

Hell, our community manager is the only one who talks to us. Unless you go to neogaf or something that’s NOT 343s website, you won’t hear from them ever. Sad

I’m not really good with words, but I think everyone can see that:

Halo CE was a revolution of FPS games, with a really awesome multiplayer that was giving fun for hours even if you didn’t have any “rank” or “customization”.
Halo 2 was the game that pushed so many players to buy an XBox, while Halo 3 was the best of the series ever made. Halo Reach was the last, that maybe wasn’t at the level of the predecessors, but gave the ideas for a great future game.

Now lets look at Halo 4. Does anyone see a unique game? Any incredible thing that makes Halo so great? No.
343 had in the hands a great game to start working it, but instead of creating a unforgettable game, they made a common piece of work from the mass. Halo 4 has no difference from CoD, Mass Effect, Medal of Honor or any other recent game. They are all fps with a custom story and a similar mp.

> After a long discussion with a friend on XBL, we’ve realized what we think has been missing in Halo 4… Freedom of variety…
>
> Go ahead and think back to your previous Halo games. Things as simple as armor aren’t even as individual as in the past. A Hayabuse Katana Ninja, or a Bumblebee Security head. People playing in SWAT as elites, or just being an elite in general.
>
> Think back to searching the secret of sandtrap. Remember overloading and leaving maps? How about trying to flip the elephant, or making drop pods out of UNSC weapon racks. How many times have you hid in the crashed phantom?
>
> Fusion coil walls, brute shot jumping, interactive maps with lights that follow you. Simple things to make, but easy to forget. Forging out of bounds. No countdowns, no instant death barriers, just cool looking geometry. Maps of all shapes, sizes, seasons, and colors. Accidently hitting the camo guy driving a warthog.
>
> This is only Halo 3. Remember 2? Experimenting vehicle gameplay for the first time. BXR and quadshotting anyone? Superbounces galore, maybe glitching wasn’t your thing… Tower of power? Lava? CLANS? The list goes on forever…
>
>
> Halo used to be so different. Played the way people wanted. We had options, and many places to choose from. Look up a Halo 4 funtage… Short, monotonous, and repetitive. Now go look up the Halo 3 'tages. Jumping, hiding spots, gameplay, ninjatage, musicvideohell, the was SO MUCH VARIETY.
>
> Catapults on standoff? Instagib on guardian? People used to make cool signatures for fileshare, and people represented themselves via screenshot.
>
> There is no end to the level of customization and appeal the old games have. Its not about me wanting Halo 2-3 back, it’s about all the extras we did when we got bored of matchmaking. It’s about the community that spawned out of fun and variety. From racing wheelmen to mini-game enthusiast. From MLG to HLG. From Map-makes to map breakers, the older games had something for everyone.
>
> Now we’re being lined up and told what were allowed to play every Monday. <mark>We’re not allowed to ask girls for sandwiches on a M-Rated games because devs care more about feminism than community interaction.</mark> We can’t even camp our favorite weapon anymore, because we don’t get to know when it drops anymore!! I wanted to play a game, not be directed in a police state.
>
>
> I know outside of the normal, you’ve all had some fun times in the previous Halo games doing something that’s impossible now. What are those things you remember?
>
> P.S… No random weapon spawn option in customs? I can’t play fiesta?
> You said “Trust Us” 343. How do you expect that when the custom content system isn’t available a month after launch?

you really have a problem with this?

0.o