Remember when we first saw the scarab?

Why don’t i get the same joy when i saw the kraken?

I did…I was very impressed…Even more so when we actually got to go in and Destroy it seamlessly as if it were any other vehicle

Because when the Scarab showed up it immediately shoots you out of the sky and for the whole rest of the level you chase it down as it carves a path of devastation through New Mombasa.

With the Kraken, it just shows up, floats around, and gets its -Yoink- kicked. It’s impressive in size, but aside from that it’s not that interesting.

Scarab still felt like a big vehicle once boarded. Kraken felt like a building.

> 2533274805578773;4:
> Scarab still felt like a big vehicle once boarded. Kraken felt like a building.

Agreed, the Kraken added nothing new except a bring place to shoot stuff. I would have loved to see a new Scarab though, could have been a massive Super-Scarab with multiple levels or something…

Giant setpieces like the Scarab probably weren’t as common back then, and we’ve had eleven years to get used to seeing Scarabs, Liches, etc. Just not as surprising anymore.

That said the Kraken was pretty bland. Very easy to take down.

I think it would have been awesome if we were chasing the Kraken in a banshee. Not only that, we never got to ride in a sword banshee in the campaign.

hard to get excited over something that floats around and takes out almost nothing. maybe if they first showed it by having it kill an eternal or 2 it could of had an impact. honestly they should probably get a whole new crew to do the next single player because almost everything about the story was pretty mediocre and very upsetting at times cough fight scene cough

I thought the Kraken was a fun new addition, but it didn’t match the awe of the Scarab because the Scarab was new and massive. We are used to large scale vehicles now, it takes a lot to wow us.

Let’s not mention the elephant in the room lol AGE! How many “big monsters/enemies” have you seen in your gaming life since halo 2?

and also like some one said you chased it for a very long time, made it mysterious. Escaping the kraken gave me a lot more satisfaction than distroying the scarab.

It’d be cool to see the scarab again in Halo 6, maybe even a Promethean version?

> 2533274926722533;1:
> Why don’t i get the same joy when i saw the kraken?

The first time we saw the scarab was nothing compared to seeing it on The Storm in Halo 3. That was an epic fight, whereas the kraken doesn’t do anything to you, it’s only the enemies on it.

> 2533274832089275;12:
> > 2533274926722533;1:
> > Why don’t i get the same joy when i saw the kraken?
>
>
> The first time we saw the scarab was nothing compared to seeing it on The Storm in Halo 3. That was an epic fight, whereas the kraken doesn’t do anything to you, it’s only the enemies on it.

I remember the first time playing this level coop when the game first released. Sooo much fun. That was really a good level. I wish Halo 5 had more moments like it.

the kraken in this game wasnt that impressive. the scarab was interesting back in halo 2 and 3. maybe they should have made the kraken do more in this game too.