Remember when hurting others fun was punishable?

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

Reading is below. If you get triggered by words, TURN BACK NOW WHILE YOU HAVE A CHANCE! You hecking troglodyte
I’m assuming you all know where this thread is going and i’s about how farming is -Yoink- and as of right now it’s been commended with Achilles. When half the people in a game aren’t having fun then it’s a problem. Hell I’ve farmed once and it was the most anti fun thing ever. I don’t even really want to call it once, it was more of me killing the enemy guy with a DMR I refilling, having a flash back of the day I thought I was a worm, getting pissed off, then rushing the core with a fuel rod and camo. I had to end such on rails boredom before the worm over took my mind again. When your game is so unfun the worm gods start infecting people’s minds from sensing a lack of mental response then you’ve -Yoinked!- up. Now to be fair my PoV of being the farmer is just…well my PoV, those who could be farming might be having fun but the other team certainly isn’t which is more then obvious since games will be more populated by tumbleweeds then players once it’s clear the enemy is farming.
It’s even worse when you join a game in progress and your team is reenacting The D-Day scene from Saving Private Ryan and trust me they’re well rehearsed with this dance. But it’s okay, you’re a badass, you can turn this game around, but the problem is that the badasses like you are the ones who are typically farming, which means that your teammates aren’t more useful then a bag of -Yoinks!- against these guys.
Too many times have me and my friends taken all the bases before 10 minutes and actually found only marines at the enemy base because the enemy team left because they thought we were farmers just executing poorly. I don’t even want to think about how many times I’ve been reported because someone thought I was an -Yoink-. So not only is half the players not having fun but people could be getting reported for things they couldn’t even be doing and we know automated systems can screw up easily. I.E. Youtube.
While -Yoinks!- are still on the table let’s talk about how no, cares for Achilles. It’s sad that such a reward for being good has turned into the trademark of an -Yoink-. I had a game of Grifball where these two sassy kids saw an enemy with Achilles and said “LET’S -Yoink!- HIM! :D:D:D:DD:D:D:D”
So these two sassy frazes are spawn killing the -Yoink- out of this guy, his teammates just steer clear as if they’re in on it too and these two kids are left to violate him for the next 15 minutes of the game. This armor has brought nothing but hatred.I can’t eve explain to you how painful it was to see this guy get beaten and T-bagged by the ball carrier over and over again. I just had to betray the youngins to end this guy’s suffering. They flame me saying that he deserves it, the guy mistakes me for one of them and sends me hate mail and reports me and I’m sitting here about to explode like Pompeii!(oh, was that too soon?) Nothing good has come from the implementation of this armor, fun everywhere is being destroyed because of a reason I don’t understand.
People have more respect for Helioskrill because it atleast shows you’ve been through the forge. Achilles means you’ve put other people into the forge meaning this ^ kind of dickery won’t stop happening as long as people have to chance to get back…
On topic, some of you might be thinking that one team will always lose so that means that someone isn’t having fun. Losing doesn’t mean you aren’t having fun, if you’re only having fun when you’re winning most people will think something is wrong with you. It’s a meh subject to me but it’s a different story when two teams fight neck and neck to one team is literally getting crumb stopped. Save it for the Gears 4 beta fellas.
The worst part is how this could all be solved with a swift motion that 343i doesn’t give a damn to implement and that’s forced team play. When you have a group bigger than 4 or 5 then make it so players will automatically be paired with other teams. This way large armies of -Yoinks!-, I mean Spartan Company’s can go at each other and only each other. Testing their skills against one another BUT NOPE! They’d rather get as many people onto the boat as possible before they realize it’s sinking.
Real talk i’m trying to use a bit of humor to dodge of pissed I am about how piss poor Halo 5’s social features are and this farming -Yoink- just made it even harder to have faith in 343i because they aren’t even going to try and stop it they’re only going to try and slow it down. Those people who’ve stripped hours from other players are being rewarded for taking away the game experience from other players and that just isn’t cool.
While I’m talking about anti fun. OMG Strongholds needs to -Yoinking!- go. I’ve had entire lobby’s of players groan at the sight of -Yoinking!- strongholds. It’s literally just map control, THE GAME, YAY! -Yoink- that please remove.
P.S. Sorry for any errors this was done in one massive take so…yeah, LATA!
AND I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT THE ARMORY GLITCH!
Really why hasn’t that been patched yet? Some would think 343i just doesn’t care. Really they’d rather crank out more Reqs then fix game breaking glitches. The only people who know how to stop this crap are those who actually looked up how to do the glitch in the first place. The average joe is blind to the fact that they’re being cheated out while only the cheaters cheat and win for cheating. WHY!?!??!?!?!

It sucks, but it’s a design issue, not a player issue. Something that 343 needs to fix.

But we all know how well versed 343 is in fixing issues; so sorry pal.

> 2533274905097737;2:
> It sucks, but it’s a design issue, not a player issue. Something that 343 needs to fix.
>
> But we all know how well versed 343 is in fixing issues; so sorry pal.

:frowning:

Long read but ya I agree with the grouping idea. It could make matches much more fun and fair.

> 2533274905097737;2:
> It sucks, but it’s a design issue, not a player issue. Something that 343 needs to fix.
>
> But we all know how well versed 343 is in fixing issues; so sorry pal.

I would argue it is both. Just because an exploit is there doesn’t mean you need to use it. I can do the armory glitch if I want too, I haven’t and never intend to. I could spawn kill if I wanted too, but I’ve always refused to. When I’ve been in 4 vs 1 match or 3 vs 1 match on the side with more people, I don’t go hunting the enemy player down, I look at the scenery or make jumps till the game ends. Yes, the game design needs fixed, but if you have a sense of ethics you don’t engage in the behavior.

> 2535405977721761;1:
> Reading is below. If you get triggered by words, TURN BACK NOW WHILE YOU HAVE A CHANCE! You heckling troglodyte

I get your point,I’m against farming, but the tone doesn’t really help.

I agree with the sentiment that the image of Achilles is getting tainted, but I do feel like less people are farming exploits recently. That just might be my luck, though.

What the hell is that wall?! Farming never happened to me by the way and i play Halo 5 daily.

Is there where we point and laugh??? When was “hurting some one else’s fun” ever punishable? I just don’t understand this whole they killed me to many times… it’s a first person shooter! The main point is to kill those on the other team. If they can’t defend themselves why should the other team stop killing them? Bad beats will always happen in Halo from time to time no matter what they do to the match making. I am almost willing to bet those that cry here have no problem doing it when the tables are turned and they are the one winning.

Almost relevant

> 2533274816788253;8:
> I just don’t understand this whole they killed me to many times… it’s a first person shooter! The main point is to kill those on the other team.

But based upon your prolific activity on the forums, you do understand the concept of farming.

> 2533274816788253;8:
> If they can’t defend themselves why should the other team stop killing them?

We have covered this at great length. If your team triple-caps within the first few minutes of the games, moved into the opponent’s home base and has several Spartans in the core room without taking a single shot at the core itself, that is blatantly “Unsporting Behavior” and deserves to be reported through Xbox Live accordingly.

> 2533274816788253;8:
> I am almost willing to bet those that cry here have no problem doing it when the tables are turned and they are the one winning.

You would lose that bet. Believe it or not, most people actually aren’t condescending trolls when they are on Xbox Live. In fact, another person accused the Halo 5 population of the same thing and started a poll on the forums asking this question. As expected, it didn’t go his way:

To Farm or Not to Farm?

Stepping away from the post. WZ farming threads come up way too often and it is always the same voices fighting for their sides. There are mega-threads about wz farming. Go kindle one of those threads.

hey OP i’m sorry but how do you expect me to read all of that when the first paragraph is about worms and worm-gods.

all good though i don’t need to read all of it to know you’re some guy who thinks because you don’t take Warzone seriously neither will the people on the enemy team.

Edit: I said screw it and decided to read the 2nd paragraph, i enjoyed it so i read the whole thing, nice save OP.

It is ok with 343 to farm. It is known as map control. This type of map control won CLG the million dollars in the HWC. Go to the Halo channel to watch the event.

> 2542657289632179;10:
> > 2533274816788253;8:
> > I just don’t understand this whole they killed me to many times… it’s a first person shooter! The main point is to kill those on the other team.
>
>
> But based upon your prolific activity on the forums, you do understand the concept of farming.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274816788253;8:
> > If they can’t defend themselves why should the other team stop killing them?
>
>
> We have covered this at great length. If your team triple-caps within the first few minutes of the games, moved into the opponent’s home base and has several Spartans in the core room without taking a single shot at the core itself, that is blatantly “Unsporting Behavior” and deserves to be reported through Xbox Live accordingly.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274816788253;8:
> > I am almost willing to bet those that cry here have no problem doing it when the tables are turned and they are the one winning.
>
>
> You would lose that bet. Believe it or not, most people actually aren’t condescending trolls when they are on Xbox Live. In fact, another person accused the Halo 5 population of the same thing and started a poll on the forums asking this question. As expected, it didn’t go his way:
>
> To Farm or Not to Farm?

To bad the halo waypoint is a very very small percentage of players who play Halo. I guess I am part of the few who can take a bad beat and not feel the need to report simply because another team was better and decided to win with points and not a core destruction.

Worm Gods? What is this, Destiny?

> 2533274973991639;13:
> It is ok with 343 to farm. It is known as map control. This type of map control won CLG the million dollars in the HWC. Go to the Halo channel to watch the event.

I actually watched the entire tournament. Regardless, 343i absolutely is not okay with farming. In a recent community update, Bravo specifically said that “we do see that (farming) occurs enough that we want to find the right adjustments to steer all teams away from this style of play.”

> 2533274816788253;14:
> I guess I am part of the few who can take a bad beat and not feel the need to report simply because another team was better and decided to win with points and not a core destruction.

I have absolutely no problem with being on the receiving end of a rout. If your team triple-caps me and defeats us in under four minutes, I shrug my shoulders, realize the other team was much better, and move along to the next match. GG! On the other hand, farming is overtly “Unsporting Behavior,” and that’s why Xbox Live has that reporting category available by default. It is just that simple.

If you have a team bad enough to get farmed, then it’s going to happen.

That’s honestly the long and short of it.

> 2542657289632179;16:
> > 2533274973991639;13:
> > It is ok with 343 to farm. It is known as map control. This type of map control won CLG the million dollars in the HWC. Go to the Halo channel to watch the event.
>
>
> I actually watched the entire tournament. Regardless, 343i absolutely is not okay with farming. In a recent community update, Bravo specifically said that “we do see that (farming) occurs enough that we want to find the right adjustments to steer all teams away from this style of play.”
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274816788253;14:
> > I guess I am part of the few who can take a bad beat and not feel the need to report simply because another team was better and decided to win with points and not a core destruction.
>
>
> I have absolutely no problem with being on the receiving end of a rout. If your team triple-caps me and defeats us in under four minutes, I shrug my shoulders, realize the other team was much better, and move along to the next match. GG! On the other hand, farming is overtly “Unsporting Behavior,” and that’s why Xbox Live has that reporting category available by default. It is just that simple.

But they aren’t doing ANYTHING in the game that goes against a code of conduct. They are playing the game. Whether you think that way of playing is “right” or not is completely arbitrary. They aren’t exploiting the game, they aren’t breaking the rules, they are just killing you over and over again. The problem is not on any players end, but 343i’s. If they didn’t want this to happen, it would have been easy to program in some type of system that prevents it.

If there was a way that they could kill you, with making the game last forever, like holding the flag or bomb in previous halo titles and causing a sudden death infinite timer then I would be more sympathetic, but even then back in the day people just called that getting REALLY owned. You get points for killing in warzone, thus killing the enemy team to victory is a completely viable option.

Unsporting behavior is primary used to address trolls, griefers and other players who specifically set out to spoil others fun.

> 2604313713106098;18:
> > 2542657289632179;16:
> > > 2533274973991639;13:
> > > It is ok with 343 to farm. It is known as map control. This type of map control won CLG the million dollars in the HWC. Go to the Halo channel to watch the event.
> >
> >
> > I actually watched the entire tournament. Regardless, 343i absolutely is not okay with farming. In a recent community update, Bravo specifically said that “we do see that (farming) occurs enough that we want to find the right adjustments to steer all teams away from this style of play.”
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274816788253;14:
> > > I guess I am part of the few who can take a bad beat and not feel the need to report simply because another team was better and decided to win with points and not a core destruction.
> >
> >
> > I have absolutely no problem with being on the receiving end of a rout. If your team triple-caps me and defeats us in under four minutes, I shrug my shoulders, realize the other team was much better, and move along to the next match. GG! On the other hand, farming is overtly “Unsporting Behavior,” and that’s why Xbox Live has that reporting category available by default. It is just that simple.
>
>
> But they aren’t doing ANYTHING in the game that goes against a code of conduct. They are playing the game. Whether you think that way of playing is “right” or not is completely arbitrary. They aren’t exploiting the game, they aren’t breaking the rules, they are just killing you over and over again. The problem is not on any players end, but 343i’s. If they didn’t want this to happen, it would have been easy to program in some type of system that prevents it.
>
> If there was a way that they could kill you, with making the game last forever, like holding the flag or bomb in previous halo titles and causing a sudden death infinite timer then I would be more sympathetic, but even then back in the day people just called that getting REALLY owned. You get points for killing in warzone, thus killing the enemy team to victory is a completely viable option.

un·sports·man·like
ˌənˈspôrtsmənˌlīk/
adjective
adjective: unsportsmanlike

I also remember when “hurting others fun” was such a vague term that it’s almost useless in this context. It still is.

Killing another player could be considered ruining someone’s fun.

Not only that, but farming is such a statistical anomaly, I am now beginning to believe that many of you simply don’t understand when you are actually being farmed vs simply getting steamrolled.

It sucks. But as long as there are objective gametypes farming WILL exist. Especially when it’s 12v12. A team of 12 has such a distinct advantage and that can never be removed.

I’ve been on the receiving end of a farming team one time. And I scored better than all but two of them. It’s really not hard to avoid it and cause their team problems. Spawn a camo and go ruin some days.

I’m not saying it’s right of them. But it shouldn’t be a punishable offense.

“You can play better than the enemy team but not TOO much better.” That’s ridiculous.