Remember when Big Team Battle...

Had this thing called balance between infantry and vehicle combat? Back in Halo 3, people used the warthog, why? Because there wasn’t 30 different rocket/laser/nuke shooting vehicles per team.

My thread’s point, add some diversion to BTB by adding voting option for Heavy/Non-heavy maps. For example, heavy variant of Exile has Scorpion, Gauss, Banshee (The current set up), “normal” variant consists of both teams having a hog, a ghost and few mongooses.

What is it with all the power vehicles anyways? 5v5 games on maps have ton of vehicles considering how small the teams are.

Also, please check out 343i. Fix the matchmaking thread. I’d appreciate a bump or support, since problems listed in the thread are currently really making matchmaking unenjoyable.

soo true. apparantly they’re updating the playlists a ton over the next month or 2 so hopefully some changes can be brought to light.

Vote no on this BTB has always been about vehicles and considering there are way less vehicles in BTB now than there was in Halo 3 Im not down with making less of them.

The tank is fine, the banshee is fine and so is the mantis. The tank doesn’t last five minutes if you have a good team and they know what they are doing.

The banshee is not the OP game breaker it was in Halo Reach and now takes a skilled pilot to fly it, rather than anyone or it doesn’t last too long either.

The Mantis doesn’t last too long out in the open if the other team knows what they are doing.

Plasma pistol is your friend.

I was a big team battle player in Halo 2. And it was great, since there was only 1 rocket launcher on the map. So to take out Wraths, it forced people to coordinated. Everyone pound grenades and SMG’s til it popped. Halo 3 cam along, and i guess to appease the butthurt kids from Halo 2, they added a lazer and the game type became a lot less fun. One person would grab it and with one charge, decimate the enemy teams vehicles. Halo 4… not much better, since now just about everyone can have lazers, rockets, sticky detonators, incineration cannons, fuel rods, and sticky grenades delivered to them. And they can start with a Plasma pistol. So your life expectancy is about 1 minute in a vehicle if you are lucky.

There is little advantage to getting into a vehicle which is inherently supposed to give you an advantage.

Banshee is fine?
lolno that thing has been reduced to a paper airplane.

I agree so hard with you OP.

BTB was one of my favorite playlists but now, since 343 decided to make half of the games weapons “1 hit kills,” big team is a joke. Vehicles get annihilated unless they hide in the back of the base or use constant avoidance tactics. Also if you get plasma pistoled, consider your vehicle dead on the spot.

I can’t stand big team due to the massive amount of power weapons. Especially that incineration cannon, ughhhhhh :frowning:

I will have to stay away until its patched, or just never play it again if its not :-/

I can still rack up 5-10 kills in a standard hog with a decent gunner (probably more when I get operator 10). Just got to drive clever and pick your fights. Sometimes you get unlucky and somebody has a laser, but overall warthogs can still be a force to be reckoned with.

Too many drivers plow headlong into mass infantry and then act all surprised when they get blown to smithereens

> I was a big team battle player in Halo 2. And it was great, since there was only 1 rocket launcher on the map. So to take out Wraths, it forced people to coordinated. Everyone pound grenades and SMG’s til it popped. Halo 3 cam along, and i guess to appease the butthurt kids from Halo 2, they added a lazer and the game type became a lot less fun. One person would grab it and with one charge, decimate the enemy teams vehicles. Halo 4… not much better, since now just about everyone can have lazers, rockets, sticky detonators, incineration cannons, fuel rods, and sticky grenades delivered to them. And they can start with a Plasma pistol. So your life expectancy is about 1 minute in a vehicle if you are lucky.
>
> There is little advantage to getting into a vehicle which is inherently supposed to give you an advantage.

You ever use the gauss on exile, thing is a deathmachine a dude I drove got 20 kills in it before it exploded then we did it again when it spawned back and won the game.

> I was a big team battle player in Halo 2. And it was great, since there was only 1 rocket launcher on the map. So to take out Wraths, it forced people to coordinated. Everyone pound grenades and SMG’s til it popped. Halo 3 cam along, and i guess to appease the butthurt kids from Halo 2, they added a lazer and the game type became a lot less fun. One person would grab it and with one charge, decimate the enemy teams vehicles. Halo 4… not much better, since now just about everyone can have lazers, rockets, sticky detonators, incineration cannons, fuel rods, and sticky grenades delivered to them. And they can start with a Plasma pistol. So your life expectancy is about 1 minute in a vehicle if you are lucky.
>
> There is little advantage to getting into a vehicle which is inherently supposed to give you an advantage.

^^ this 110% bumped for justice!

> Vote no on this BTB has always been about vehicles and considering there are way less vehicles in BTB now than there was in Halo 3 Im not down with making less of them.
>
> The tank is fine, the banshee is fine and so is the mantis. The tank doesn’t last five minutes if you have a good team and they know what they are doing.
>
> The banshee is not the OP game breaker it was in Halo Reach and now takes a skilled pilot to fly it, rather than anyone or it doesn’t last too long either.
>
> The Mantis doesn’t last too long out in the open if the other team knows what they are doing.
>
> Plasma pistol is your friend.

Those vehicles indeed are fine, funny how you didn’t mention anything about warthog.
Oh that’s right, you’d have to be an idiot to use it with current options of vehicles.

“The tank doesn’t last five minutes if you have a good team and they know what they are doing.”

Refer to thread I added to my original post. With current randoms vs full party set up, a full party takes control of scorpion, gauss and banshee in exile, team of randoms without any coordination hardly has a chance to take out the scorpion, not to mention that they’ve already lost the game at that point.

Yes, the all of the vehicles are easy to take down, assuming you play with a full team. A lot of people don’t, and with Halo 4’s currently flawed matchmaking, the other team is going to take complete control of the vehicles and there hardly is anything to do about it. Especially when your teammates quit, because they searched alone, just like you did.

You raise up fair points, I’d like you to reply to MM thread I posted, since obviously you too play in a full party, you must get tired of completely annihilation over team of people who search alone.

In ce (pc) it was the hogs tanks ghosts banshees.
In 2 pretty much the same plus wraith and spectre
In 3 the same plus hornets and wraiths and the brute stuff
In reach it was falcons, banshees, hogs, ghosts, wraiths, scorpions.

Yup they ruined halo since the start.

> You ever use the gauss on exile, thing is a deathmachine a dude I drove got 20 kills in it before it exploded then we did it again when it spawned back and won the game.

My favorite weapon in the game!

Certainly agree here. +1

> In ce (pc) it was the hogs tanks ghosts banshees.
> In 2 pretty much the same plus wraith and spectre
> In 3 the same plus hornets and wraiths and the brute stuff
> In reach it was falcons, banshees, hogs, ghosts, wraiths, scorpions.
>
>
> Yup they ruined halo since the start.

Honestly, Did you even read the thread? I never complained about variety of vehicles available, I was just saying it’d be nice to have heavy and non-heavy maps seperated, since right now, nobody uses a warthog because there are million better options to use.

Also, Name a non-heavy variant of Halo 3 map that had a scorpion placed on a map. The games vehicle sandbox has taken a giant leap from Reach’s horrible vehicle sandbox and map placement.

Was not talking to you op.

I love my gauss hog on exile so no thanks. God that thing is fun.

I actually agree to this! I miss driving around in a warhog, but in this game it means instant death unless you are facing a realy bad team!

My peeve is there is no big team CTF

PERSONAL ORDINANCE, absolutely needs the laser removed from it. No one should ever be given a random laser that completely halts vehicle combat. they need to remove the sniper and binary from it as well. These weapons should be fought for, and not given to lucky players

I think it is perfect, when you jump into a vehicle you can expect 4-5 kills, if you are really skilled maybe 8-10. More kills and the vehicles become to OP. The only BTB complaint is that the maps could be bigger.