Remember the good old days?

Hey remember when Super Mario 64 was around it was one of the best games out there?

Hey remember when the first Halo came around and it started this amazing journey?

Hey remember when the internet started to become popular and people started sharing ideas around?

Hey remember when Xbox became popular and gamers around the world would talk to each other and have a great time?

Hey remember when the introduction of downloading games and movies was introduced?

Hey remember when dlc started being a thing?

Hey remember when forums for games was introduced?

Hey remember when Bungie made their final Halo game called Halo Reach, and for a few months people would say remember Reach?

Hey remember when 343 took over for Halo and made Halo 4?

Hey remember when companies started being greedy with microtransactions and chopped up content of the game and sold it as “dlc”?

Hey remember when forums slowly started being a rant festival?

Hey remember when people started saying 343 is killing Halo?

Hey remember the last forum post you read was about some sort of complaint?

Hey remember the reason why you clicked on this post? No? I’ll tell you the reason.

Its because you have nothing to do (ironic huh). Other then complaining about some sort of mechanic in the game or maybe “hey remember Halo 2”. just stop. This is 2015, almost 2016 now. Lets Start next year with a little bit of positive attitude. 2016 will be the year that 343 will either make Halo 5 the greatest Halo, or maybe plummet it into the ground. Regardless I hope you all remember the good things about 2015.

2016 will be the year where we, as a community, will hope to improve Halo 5. None of this “halo 1/2/3 is better then halo 5” nonsense. We killed the flood(?), its over, now we have a new threat to look at. So remember those years, and use them to improve Halo 5, not abuse it.

Remember those games, remember 2015. Or you know you call me a naive -Yoink- and continue ranting about “space invaders is better then Halo 5” or something like that. Btw remember when you clicked this post?

Yea! :smiley:

> 2533274847563380;2:
> Yea! :smiley:

lol

I’m with you, leave the past in the past and embrace the future, but I do believe in constructive criticism when it’s done right.

I’m Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite post on the internet.

If we didn’t complain, Halo 5 would have loadouts, perks, and other such nonsense.
Stop telling people to stop referencing the past when the games were vastly superior.

Hey, remember when Halo used to be good? I do.

> 2717573882290994;6:
> If we didn’t complain, Halo 5 would have loadouts, perks, and other such nonsense.
> Stop telling people to stop referencing the past when the games were vastly superior.
>
> Hey, remember when Halo used to be good? I do.

Its not so much he’s saying to stop constructively criticize the game, he just wants to stop all the hate.

> 2533274847563380;7:
> > 2717573882290994;6:
> >
>
>
> Its not so much he’s saying to stop constructively criticize the game, he just wants to stop all the hate.

In fairness, there is an awful lot here to hate

> 2533274832130936;8:
> > 2533274847563380;7:
> > > 2717573882290994;6:
> > >
> >
> >
> > Its not so much he’s saying to stop constructively criticize the game, he just wants to stop all the hate.
>
>
> In fairness, there is an awful lot here to hate

I won’t argue that, there are a lot of changes that people aren’t ready for and it’s not a fun time for them. But we shouldn’t send hate around so much as we do. Let’s give feedback without splitting our people even further from each other.

No offense, but a positive attitude and pretending like there aren’t problems won’t make them go away. I tried to be positive for a long time, and still do actually. Myself and many other Halo fans are rightfully agitated. Whether it is because we want more features (or ones that have been around for over a decade…) or we want maps that aren’t forged or sorry remixes.

Im tired of playing Feature Roulette every time a Halo game comes out.

It’s important to remember the past so you don’t make the same mistakes. So far I haven’t noticed any previous mistakes only new things that people are complaining about. There will always be whiners and critics but I’ll leave that to them I’ll just go enjoy what I’ve got in the present.

> 2533274812650916;10:
> No offense, but a positive attitude and pretending like there aren’t problems won’t make them go away. I tried to be positive for a long time, and still do actually. Myself and many other Halo fans are rightfully agitated. Whether it is because we want more features (or ones that have been around for over a decade…) or we want maps that aren’t forged or sorry remixes.
>
> Im tired of playing Feature Roulette every time a Halo game comes out.

True

> It’s important to remember the past so you don’t make the same mistakes. So far I haven’t noticed any previous mistakes only new things that people are complaining about. There will always be whiners and critics but I’ll leave that to them I’ll just go enjoy what I’ve got in the present.

Also true.

> 2717573882290994;6:
> If we didn’t complain, Halo 5 would have loadouts, perks, and other such nonsense.
> Stop telling people to stop referencing the past when the games were vastly superior.
>
> Hey, remember when Halo used to be good? I do.

I’m basically calling out those who say pretty much the following “Halo 5 sucks cause it has no comparison to Halo 2”. Or anything relative to this sentence. We use the past to improve the future, yes I know. However those who hate on newer games because its nothing like the old game/s (which mind you Halo 2 was made in 2004), really need to put it behind them. Sure I like older games, Like Reach or Halo 3. However if you want to keep the game fresh you got to try new things. Imagine what gaming would be if there was no improvement in the gameplay itself. For some sure, it would be nice, but the majority would most likely want it to change.

Think of it like sitting in a room with a ball. You were told to just stare at the ball. Nothing more. You cannot leave the room either. Its just you and the ball. Now imagine it as a game called “ball”. Now imagine that game being the best game in the world, and it was never going to change. Five years later new games come out and “ball 2” comes round (pun not intended). Its pretty much the same thing. Then “ball 3” comes round. Again, nothing changed, except for the graphics maybe. Now lets reverse time to Ball 2. This time they made it you can roll the ball around. Then “ball 3” bounces in (couldn’t help it), this time you can bounce it.

All 343 is trying to do is to keep the game fresh. Maybe this wasn’t the right choice, maybe it was. All I’m asking is to just accept the old games as they are, we do not need clones of the same game. Halo 5 is just trying something new, if people don’t like it? Fine they will change it.

> 2533274840474811;5:
> I’m Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite post on the internet.

omg what have you done, I need to play mass effect now brb, going to play the trilogy again.

I enjoyed the old games and story, but they can’t just repeat it with the new games. Adding new enemies opened up new lore to the game. Don’t get be wrong, I would love to see the Flood get brought up somehow just to see the graphics, but not sure how they could do it without copying how 1,2,and 3 played out.

Is this… Common sense? :open_mouth:

> 2533274812650916;10:
> No offense, but a positive attitude and pretending like there aren’t problems won’t make them go away. I tried to be positive for a long time, and still do actually. Myself and many other Halo fans are rightfully agitated. Whether it is because we want more features (or ones that have been around for over a decade…) or we want maps that aren’t forged or sorry remixes.
>
> Im tired of playing Feature Roulette every time a Halo game comes out.

This is a brilliant line… and so true.

Things like Doubles, Gametypes, Forge, Ranks, Split Screen, Elites… always a gamble.

Let me break this up for you Erik

> 2717573882290994;6:
> If we didn’t complain, Halo 5 would have loadouts, perks, and other such nonsense.

Immediate logical fallacy there called an appeal to probability. You have no way of proving that, and no evidence to back up that claim. What we know is that 343 listened to people that would have a dialogue with them. You also then admit that 343 listens to the community in your opinion using this statement.

> 2717573882290994;6:
> Stop telling people to stop referencing the past when the games were vastly superior.

Multiple things wrong with this sentence. Firstly you straw man him (he didn’t actually say that at all), then you use proof by assertion. Just because you say the past games were vastly superior and because it is asserted many times by various people in this way does not make it true. I’ve played Halo for a long time and I think Halo 5 ranks up there with 2 and 3. Do you have to like it? No, but don’t presume to speak for me or everyone by stating an opinion as the definitive truth.

> 2717573882290994;6:
> Hey, remember when Halo used to be good? I do.

Remember when it wasn’t a crime to have fun on the new Halo and come to see interesting or fun discussion about it on the forums? I do. Also a common theme coming from you seems to also be stemming from a fallacy of composition. You are under the impression that your truth is the definitive truth because what is true of a part (being your opinion of events) must be true of the whole (everyone else playing Halo).

Logical fallacies galore seem to be coming from you. You didn’t write all that much but all of the argument was based in some way on false pretenses. Try perhaps to be a bit more constructive, try to at least have fun in the community and also ‘would you kindly’ (anyone???) stop asserting that the only way to talk to 343 is to complain in the constant fashion that we’re seeing. You can enjoy things and have a good time whilst pointing out something you don’t like. You do not have to constantly complain about everything and everyone making it an absolute nightmare to have any fun on these forums.

> 2533274973685362;13:
> > 2717573882290994;6:
> > If we didn’t complain, Halo 5 would have loadouts, perks, and other such nonsense.
> > Stop telling people to stop referencing the past when the games were vastly superior.
> >
> > Hey, remember when Halo used to be good? I do.
>
>
> I’m basically calling out those who say pretty much the following “Halo 5 sucks cause it has no comparison to Halo 2”. Or anything relative to this sentence. We use the past to improve the future, yes I know. However those who hate on newer games because its nothing like the old game/s (which mind you Halo 2 was made in 2004), really need to put it behind them. Sure I like older games, Like Reach or Halo 3. However if you want to keep the game fresh you got to try new things. Imagine what gaming would be if there was no improvement in the gameplay itself. For some sure, it would be nice, but the majority would most likely want it to change.
>
> Think of it like sitting in a room with a ball. You were told to just stare at the ball. Nothing more. You cannot leave the room either. Its just you and the ball. Now imagine it as a game called “ball”. Now imagine that game being the best game in the world, and it was never going to change. Five years later new games come out and “ball 2” comes round (pun not intended). Its pretty much the same thing. Then “ball 3” comes round. Again, nothing changed, except for the graphics maybe. Now lets reverse time to Ball 2. This time they made it you can roll the ball around. Then “ball 3” bounces in (couldn’t help it), this time you can bounce it.
>
> All 343 is trying to do is to keep the game fresh. Maybe this wasn’t the right choice, maybe it was. All I’m asking is to just accept the old games as they are, we do not need clones of the same game. Halo 5 is just trying something new, if people don’t like it? Fine they will change it.

While I understand what you’re trying to do with the analogy, a more accurate one would be:

You are given a ball, and although it may seem like crap because all you can only roll it around, you reach maximum excitement by having it. You roll it around every day, and it brings you the most joy possible.
Years later, some new guy comes along and replaces the ball with a square. The square can slide, but sliding just isn’t fun. The square has zero resemblance to what used to make you happy.

> 2533274857801631;18:
> Let me break this up for you Erik
>
>
>
>
> > 2717573882290994;6:
> > If we didn’t complain, Halo 5 would have loadouts, perks, and other such nonsense.
>
>
> Immediate logical fallacy there called an appeal to probability. You have no way of proving that, and no evidence to back up that claim. What we know is that 343 listened to people that would have a dialogue with them. You also then admit that 343 listens to the community in your opinion using this statement.
>
>
>
>
> > 2717573882290994;6:
> > Stop telling people to stop referencing the past when the games were vastly superior.
>
>
> Multiple things wrong with this sentence. Firstly you straw man him (he didn’t actually say that at all), then you use proof by assertion. Just because you say the past games were vastly superior and because it is asserted many times by various people in this way does not make it true. I’ve played Halo for a long time and I think Halo 5 ranks up there with 2 and 3. Do you have to like it? No, but don’t presume to speak for me by stating an opinion as the definitive truth.
>
>
>
>
> > 2717573882290994;6:
> > Hey, remember when Halo used to be good? I do.
>
>
> Remember when it wasn’t a crime to have fun on the new Halo and come to see interesting or fun discussion about it on the forums? I do. Also a common theme coming from you seems to also be stemming from a fallacy of composition. You are under the impression that your truth is the definitive truth because what is true of a part (being your opinion of events) must be true of the whole (everyone else playing Halo).
>
> Logical fallacies galore seem to be coming from you. You didn’t write all that much but all of the argument was based in some way on false pretenses. Try perhaps to be a bit more constructive, try to at least have fun in the community and also ‘would you kindly’ (anyone???) stop asserting that the only way to talk to 343 is to complain in the constant fashion that we’re seeing. You can enjoy things and have a good time whilst pointing out something you don’t like. You do not have to constantly complain about everything and everyone making it an absolute nightmare to have any fun on these forums.

I like this guy.