remember reach, Are you sure?

Okay, so who here was here on the launch of reach? who remembers how it was before everyone tried to abuse maps for personal gain? before kill barriers were the norm. Before whiney people tried to change reach into halo 3.2. Before all the terrible updates (AA removal, AA alteration, map alteration, ZB, TU). Before lag and terrible hosting dominated the servers and tore away the community. Back when we all saw this video and knew this is the game that we wanted to play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzeR9PDTbn0 This is reach, or more appropriately: THIS WAS REACH. Just because it doesn’t fit your idea of what it should be, doesn’t mean you have to ruin it for others. Go and change some other perfectly good game for the worse. How do we fix reach? Put it back the way it was.

I was excited for Reach because of all the extra options and settings we could explore to make more wonderful games. But now, nobody wants to play with Reach. They want to play with Halo 3 and limit the game to just the DMR. That’s fine if you want that, and would like competitions or MLG matches like that, but it does ruin the experience for everyone else.

The best parts about Reach come from Rooster Teeth and their weekly “Fails of the Weak” and Horse matches that really show the creativity Reach could have been.

I had never seen that before, that was awesome =) thanks.

Halo Reach, the only game in which i was so pumped for, I stayed up for two days straight with a friend, Just to play through Legendary Co-op right off the bat(a horrible folly that punished us on the first level when we saw the elites as an enemy, That lasted an hour straight) The Brutes were soo kind by comparison

“2 man enter battle. The better man walks away, the lesser one is respawning”.

Somewhat accurate now post-TU.

> “2 man enter battle. The better man walks away, the lesser one is respawning”.
>
>
>
> Somewhat accurate now post-TU.

PFFT, does not make much of a difference, alot of players are not even use to TU AL, I still do pretty much the same thing in both variants, get too close and you may get a side of pop and lock. If having the TU means people will stop raging over AL then I hope 343 puts it in accross the board, Im a fan of the pistol and making that monster more accurate, Im good with it.

However after 11 matches of TS since the TU vote started, searching all on my own, only two rounds of TU have been voted in. The number one thing people are saying in the lobby “What is TU slayer?”.

I do remember the launch of Reach. (Playing the beta at my friend’s house, and getting the game on September 13th, rather than September 14th. I got it a day early.)

It was a much different game than it is now. There’s too much armor abuse, too many complainers, too many people trying to break the map, and find every possible way to give themselves a boost by camping here, or standing in this general location. Plus the updates. Why couldn’t they just have accepted Reach the way it was and kept it like that. It was twice as balanced with the pistol the way it was instead of when it became increasingly over powered. It’s horrible. I hate power weapons as it is, and now I consider the pistol as a power weapon in the title update for reach. Although, I can’t complain about forge, they won’t change that. I wish they would just keep the title update out of regular matchmaking. It would be better if we kept them in different playlists.

This is off topic, but I like how one of the guys in that video is wearing a Marathon T-shirt. I love Marathon. So much. (I have the 3 games, and 4 Campaign game mods for the 3rd one, making it a total of 7 games, 3 official, 4 3rd party)

> Okay, so who here was here on the launch of reach? who remembers how it was before everyone tried to abuse maps for personal gain? before kill barriers were the norm. Before whiney people tried to change reach into halo 3.2. Before all the terrible updates (AA removal, AA alteration, map alteration, ZB, TU). Before lag and terrible hosting dominated the servers and tore away the community. Back when we all saw this video and knew this is the game that we wanted to play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzeR9PDTbn0 This is reach, or more appropriately: THIS WAS REACH. Just because it doesn’t fit your idea of what it should be, doesn’t mean you have to ruin it for others. Go and change some other perfectly good game for the worse. How do we fix reach? Put it back the way it was.

umm go play customs?

  1. I was at t he midnight launch and sped home

2)People abused maps for personal gain becuase of:
a)Reach has horrible maps
b)Jetpack ruins maps by eliminating map control, as you yourself have observed

3)whiney people? So we get a game where we dislike the changes we voice our opinion and we are labeled whiney, so now the game has changed and you dont liek the changes so what does that make you? Whiney

  1. if someone gets the jump on you and you are 2 shots down, do you pace and guarantee hits but lose or spam and hope to get lucky. We have all spammed when down shots and we have all gotten lucky or cursed by bloom. Its random, it has to go.

  2. lag and terrible hosting… that all started becuase this game is so unpopular it has much fewer players which results in laggier games since players are more spread out. The lag is due to how many people hate reach and left. reach made halo go from 1 or 2 to at best 6th and bottoming out at 10th.

  3. want your default reach… its called custom games. go play them or adapt

Halo Reach was CRAP when it first came out. I quit playing it and gave a word that I would not pick it up again until they FIX it. And 343 came in, with these GREAT updates, and I am back to playing it after a 4 month leave from the game. Thanks 343.

> Okay, so who here was here on the launch of reach? who remembers how it was before everyone tried to abuse maps for personal gain? before kill barriers were the norm. Before whiney people tried to change reach into halo 3.2. Before all the terrible updates (AA removal, AA alteration, map alteration, ZB, TU). Before lag and terrible hosting dominated the servers and tore away the community. Back when we all saw this video and knew this is the game that we wanted to play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzeR9PDTbn0 This is reach, or more appropriately: THIS WAS REACH. Just because it doesn’t fit your idea of what it should be, doesn’t mean you have to ruin it for others. Go and change some other perfectly good game for the worse. How do we fix reach? Put it back the way it was.

Post TU Reach is a lot better, if anything your post sounds like the bad old days.

People left because default Reach was trash and many people didn’t care about or know about the TU and had traded/sold Reach already.

> “2 man enter battle. The better man walks away, the lesser one is respawning”.
>
>
>
> Somewhat accurate now post-TU.

Anything but accurate now post TU. So you can spam the trigger faster than someone else, does that make you better? No it doesn’t, timing your shots wisely as bungie intended is.

> > Okay, so who here was here on the launch of reach? who remembers how it was before everyone tried to abuse maps for personal gain? before kill barriers were the norm. Before whiney people tried to change reach into halo 3.2. Before all the terrible updates (AA removal, AA alteration, map alteration, ZB, TU). Before lag and terrible hosting dominated the servers and tore away the community. Back when we all saw this video and knew this is the game that we wanted to play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzeR9PDTbn0 This is reach, or more appropriately: THIS WAS REACH. Just because it doesn’t fit your idea of what it should be, doesn’t mean you have to ruin it for others. Go and change some other perfectly good game for the worse. How do we fix reach? Put it back the way it was.
>
> Post TU Reach is a lot better, if anything your post sounds like the bad old days.
>
> People left because default Reach was trash and many people didn’t care about or know about the TU and had traded/sold Reach already.

That so?? funny because it was right about the time of the TU introduction and 343 takeover that the community of reach rapidly started to decline, and now that TU is in effect why is it that no one is coming back? maybe its because you are wrong.

> umm go play customs?
>
> 1) I was at t he midnight launch and sped home
>
> 2)People abused maps for personal gain becuase of:
> a)Reach has horrible maps
> b)Jetpack ruins maps by eliminating map control, as you yourself have observed
>
> 3)whiney people? So we get a game where we dislike the changes we voice our opinion and we are labeled whiney, so now the game has changed and you dont liek the changes so what does that make you? Whiney
>
> 4) if someone gets the jump on you and you are 2 shots down, do you pace and guarantee hits but lose or spam and hope to get lucky. We have all spammed when down shots and we have all gotten lucky or cursed by bloom. Its random, it has to go.
>
> 5) lag and terrible hosting… that all started becuase this game is so unpopular it has much fewer players which results in laggier games since players are more spread out. The lag is due to how many people hate reach and left. reach made halo go from 1 or 2 to at best 6th and bottoming out at 10th.
>
> 6) want your default reach… its called custom games. go play them or adapt

So you believe those of us who actually appreciated reach deserve to be ripped off by 343 and its BS updates. We shouldn’t be forced into a custom game lobby because of people like you who don’t like a game so you force it to be changed to suit you.

“Jetpack ruins maps by eliminating map control, as you yourself have observed” - funny all I ever observe of jetpacks is a noob flying up to give me an easy kill. No control troubles here.

“whiney people? So we get a game where we dislike the changes we voice our opinion and we are labeled whiney” - exactly, no one forced you to buy or play reach, bungie made reach NOT YOU OR 343, so explain why you have the right to change it for the worse.

“if someone gets the jump on you and you are 2 shots down, do you pace and guarantee hits but lose or spam and hope to get lucky. We have all spammed when down shots and we have all gotten lucky or cursed by bloom. Its random, it has to go.” - If someone gets the jump on you too bad, they deserved the kill, if you cant handle a basic bloom mechanism its your problem, I bet if 343 removed the bloom reticule you wouldn’t have even noticed that it had bloom to begin with, but you blame the game for your own personal lack of skill.

“lag and terrible hosting… that all started because this game is so unpopular it has much fewer players which results in laggier games since players are more spread out.” - you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about, halo 3 has no lag with the same people, its because of host choosing and netcode.

“want your default reach… its called custom games. go play them or adapt” - funny that’s what 90% of the community have been saying about TU until they just said -Yoink- it i’m gonna go play something else, they stopped fighting and gave up on whiney people like you. Thanks to people like you the Halo community went from over 400,000 to 20,000 overnight. I hope you’re happy with yourself. Listen to this guy 343, and halo 4 will be the last ever halo, as it will never sell again.

Look at the statistics of what I’ve said and try to tell me I’m wrong.

> “2 man enter battle. The better man walks away, the lesser one is respawning”.
>
>
>
> Somewhat accurate now post-TU.

Before it was “Two man enter, the lesser man armor locks/spams, the better man is re-spawning”

Totally fair right? >.> The lesser player should always win! Yeah!

I was exited for Reach because I thought it was going to have:

Amazing Story
Good Characters
Strong Matchmaking
Original Maps
Fun features
Changes to the way we play
Awesome DLC
Cool Armor
Fun Forge
Fun Custom Games

Unfortunately it had none of that. Had plenty of this though:

Boring Story
Lame Characters
Broken Matchmaking
Garbage Maps
Pointless Armor Ability crap
Changes that weren’t well implemented
Waste of money DLC
Horrible and ugly Armor
God awful forge
NO. DECENT. CUSTOM. GAMES

> > “2 man enter battle. The better man walks away, the lesser one is respawning”.
> >
> > Somewhat accurate now post-TU.
>
> Before it was “Two man enter, the lesser man armor locks/spams, the better man is re-spawning”
>
> Totally fair right? >.> The lesser player should always win! Yeah!

The lesser man is unable to intelligently react to the armour lock and outsmart the opponent, and is now respawning. Just as Bungie intended.

> > “2 man enter battle. The better man walks away, the lesser one is respawning”.
> >
> >
> >
> > Somewhat accurate now post-TU.
>
> Anything but accurate now post TU. So you can spam the trigger faster than someone else, does that make you better? No it doesn’t, timing your shots wisely as bungie intended is.

wrong. if i octagon v1 you and you spamd you would lose lol ignorance i say.

> I was exited for Reach because I thought it was going to have:
>
> Amazing Story
> Good Characters
> Strong Matchmaking
> Original Maps
> Fun features
> Changes to the way we play
> Awesome DLC
> Cool Armor
> Fun Forge
> Fun Custom Games
>
>
> Unfortunately it had none of that. Had plenty of this though:
>
> Boring Story
> Lame Characters
> Broken Matchmaking
> Garbage Maps
> Pointless Armor Ability crap
> Changes that weren’t well implemented
> Waste of money DLC
> Horrible and ugly Armor
> God awful forge
> NO. DECENT. CUSTOM. GAMES

Boring Story - I didn’t find it too bad.
Lame Characters - Perhaps
Garbage Maps - Agreed, but mainly because of a weak forge
Pointless Armor Ability crap - Don’t like it, don’t buy it, you knew what you were in for.
Changes that weren’t well implemented - Exactly: TU
Waste of money DLC - Yeah, the maps should have had better forge capability, and more variety, although not original anniversary was more varied however.
Horrible and ugly Armor - I’m on the fence on this one, some were good, some were horrible, and they all lacked customisation in preference of presets.
God awful forge - well it was better than halo 3, although it still could use improvement.
NO. DECENT. CUSTOM. GAMES - really? that was the one thing I have to fully disagree on. Try forgehub there’s heaps of good mini games on there: http://www.forgehub.com/forum/reach-mini-game-maps/

> > > “2 man enter battle. The better man walks away, the lesser one is respawning”.
> > >
> > > Somewhat accurate now post-TU.
> >
> > Before it was “Two man enter, the lesser man armor locks/spams, the better man is re-spawning”
> >
> > Totally fair right? >.> The lesser player should always win! Yeah!
>
> The lesser man is unable to intelligently react to the armour lock and outsmart the opponent, and is now respawning. Just as Bungie intended.

you shoulnt be talking lol

> > > > “2 man enter battle. The better man walks away, the lesser one is respawning”.
> > > >
> > > > Somewhat accurate now post-TU.
> > >
> > > Before it was “Two man enter, the lesser man armor locks/spams, the better man is re-spawning”
> > >
> > > Totally fair right? >.> The lesser player should always win! Yeah!
> >
> > The lesser man is unable to intelligently react to the armour lock and outsmart the opponent, and is now respawning. Just as Bungie intended.
>
> you shoulnt be talking lol

you <mark>shouldn’t</mark> be talking lol. Before you go insulting make sure you are actually capable of spelling the insult.