Remember LAN parties

Are they a thing of the past?

NOPE! I still LAN with my friends at least a couple times a month. I also run a business where we setup LAN parties, tournaments, and video game events. :smiley:

I wish I still LAN partied. I remember playing halo 2 and plugging up 4 xboxs together with 4 to a screen and a t.v. on each wall basically… Those were the days.

I LAN with my Dad and Brother in Halo 5 on Tuesdays. Well, it’s not technically LAN, but we’re all set up in the living room with our TVs and Xbones.

(post deleted by author)

That was the whole original Halo experience, getting as many people as you could hooking up 4 systems, 4 tvs and ordering pizza. Playing the Orgianl Halo CE takes me back. That was really the beginning of this huge multiplayer experience we have now.

We still get together for Halo 1 “LANs” through MCC. I put LAN in quotes because, as someone else pointed out, it’s not really LAN with the Xbox One Halos.

We still follow our old traditions from the original Xbox days, plus some new ones. We still organize teams like we did before(FFA slayer, then seed teams based on the results), and we still order pizza(only from Dominos, even though there are better pizza places around now). Though now that we’re older, we’ve introduced alcohol to the mix.

good times.

Beer, girls watching, maybe some herbal smoke-age, 4 tv’s, too many dudes… LAN parties, how i miss thee.

> 2546678360738636;2:
> NOPE! I still LAN with my friends at least a couple times a month. I also run a business where we setup LAN parties, tournaments, and video game events. :smiley:

Im proud of you man :’)

My school hosts once a year a LAN party event with 100 participants. Pretty cool but not interested in it.

> 2546678360738636;2:
> NOPE! I still LAN with my friends at least a couple times a month. I also run a business where we setup LAN parties, tournaments, and video game events. :smiley:

Wish I lived near you…

I can honestly say I have never participated in a LAN party. Have I missed something with them?

I remember playing LAN party, the young Halo players will never know of what it felt like to play LAN on Halo.

No they aren’t. LAN I don’t think will ever go away because it’s such a social experience for everyone involved. Also me and a couple friends will be playing LAN H2 and H3 this week.

ooh man those were the days. actually had 8 tvs 8 xboxs playing ctf blood gulch for days loved it