Remember Halo2Sucks.com?

You think complaining about changes that will ultimately stay is anything new?

Please. You’ve been doing it for a decade.

I don’t see your point.

> 2533274825353387;2:
> I don’t see your point.

That people complain about everything new. As I have said before if sprint were in Halo 2 I don’t think half as many people would be complaining about it now. Though they probably would have done back then.

> 2533274825353387;2:
> I don’t see your point.

My point is the people who actually think they can successfully lobby to remove Sprint are laughable.

Yep I remember it, and Halo 2 to this day still does in fact suck, at least it does in my not at all humble opinion anyways. Heh.

When dual wielding and vehicle boarding seemed so out of place but the core game didn’t change? Yea it was pretty weird…

I read a REALLY old forum post that a guy said in early 2004. He said it would be cool if they added a Sprint mechanic to Halo 2. What’s funny is that other people agreed and wanted it as well.

> 2533274808578327;6:
> When dual wielding and vehicle boarding seemed so out of place but the core game didn’t change? Yea it was pretty weird…

And yet now Halo 2 is seen by many as the holy grail of competitive multiplayer.

But we forget that so many more people have Xbox Live now.

> 2535443592437895;8:
> > 2533274808578327;6:
> > When dual wielding and vehicle boarding seemed so out of place but the core game didn’t change? Yea it was pretty weird…
>
>
> And yet now Halo 2 is seen by many as the holy grail of competitive multiplayer.
>
> But we forget that so many more people have Xbox Live now.

And that there is all the competition now with so many other games available that Halo 2 did not have when it was around.

I do remember THIS. That’s why I find it hilarious when people say H5 makes too many changes to core halo.

H2, was VASTLY different from halo CE. It had heavy auto aim, no health packs, no fall damage, the jumping model became floaty, dual wielding, homing plasma pistols, homing rockets, homing plasma grenades, bullet magnetism, vehicle damage, vehicle boarding, melee lunge, lessened grenade damage, removal of ladders, inclusion of air jets. Halo purists were PISSED. Now fans of halo 2 and 3 think they are the halo purists. Halo 1 strategy just didn’t work in halo 2, and Halo 2 strategy doesn’t work in halo 1. Go play some MCC if you don’t believe me.

Bottom line is, the core halo experience is not defined by movement options. Those have been changing since the first sequel. The lack of sprint, or clamber is not what identified halo. Nor the ttk. Nor zoom animation.

The core of halo MP is: fair starts, the melee/grenade/gun trifecta, the shield regen dynamic and associated weapon balancing, descoping to balance ranged encounters and the emphasis on map control and teamwork. These are the elements that were core to the development process of halo’s 1-3, and were lost between reach and 4. Halo 4 incorporated NONE of these principles. Halo 5 once again adheres to ALL these principles. Also the h5 aiming model is more like h1 than 2&3, a welcome change if you value true competition. Auto aim IMO is no good.

So like Halo 2, I’m not surprised some people are initially, upset. But I think in the long term the fact that they have returned to the halo principles will pay off.

> 2533274877056440;7:
> I read a REALLY old forum post that a guy said in early 2004. He said it would be cool if they added a Sprint mechanic to Halo 2. What’s funny is that other people agreed and wanted it as well.

Yes, then we tried sprint and it broke the game.

I find it absolutely hilarious that people are whining about those who criticize Halo 5, claiming that they just want “Halo 2.5” when Halo 5 is essentially Halo 4.5 minus the loadouts and ordnance drops.

> 2533274898131165;11:
> > 2533274877056440;7:
> > I read a REALLY old forum post that a guy said in early 2004. He said it would be cool if they added a Sprint mechanic to Halo 2. What’s funny is that other people agreed and wanted it as well.
>
>
> Yes, then we tried sprint and it broke the game.

Unbalance Sprint broke the game

> 2676692992818466;13:
> > 2533274898131165;11:
> > > 2533274877056440;7:
> > > I read a REALLY old forum post that a guy said in early 2004. He said it would be cool if they added a Sprint mechanic to Halo 2. What’s funny is that other people agreed and wanted it as well.
> >
> >
> >
> > Yes, then we tried sprint and it broke the game.
>
>
> Unbalance Sprint broke the game

Sprint in halo is broken,it simply does not work.

1.Artificially stretches the map

1. It seems in halo 5 kill times are extremely fast to account for players escaping with sprint, just keeps making problems. Have you seen the AR? The thing kills in three shots once the shield is gone. Halo is not about fast kills it is about skill and turning around situations.

> 2533274881015020;12:
> I find it absolutely hilarious that people are whining about those who criticize Halo 5, claiming that they just want “Halo 2.5” when Halo 5 is essentially Halo 4.5 minus the loadouts and ordnance drops.

Plus the fair starts, weapons on map, descoping, and map control from halo 1-3, plus the auto aim light shooting model from halo 1,

And a franchise first: useful starting that aren’t so powerful that map weapons are useless.

> 2533274898131165;14:
> > 2676692992818466;13:
> > > 2533274898131165;11:
> > > > 2533274877056440;7:
> > > > I read a REALLY old forum post that a guy said in early 2004. He said it would be cool if they added a Sprint mechanic to Halo 2. What’s funny is that other people agreed and wanted it as well.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Yes, then we tried sprint and it broke the game.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Unbalance Sprint broke the game
>
>
>
> Sprint in halo is broken,it simply does not work.
>
> 1.Artificially stretches the map
>
> 2. It seems in halo 5 kill times are extremely fast to account for players escaping with sprint, just keeps making problems. Have you seen the AR? The thing kills in three shots once the shield is gone. Halo is not about fast kills it is about skill and turning around situations.

We’ve seen two maps. Truth has been stretched, but empire is similar in size to your typical halo map. There may also be maps that are smaller and make Sprint more of a liability.

I doubt AR damage has anything to do with Sprint. They already prevent fleeing by incorporating a 1 second warm-up to Sprint, which is reset when you are shot. The AR damage probably has more to do with not wanting it to be a useless piece of crap like precious versions… they probably should tone down its effect on sheilds if what you say is true. I used the pistol far more than the AR because it better overall, so I haven’t noticed this. But if they plan on keeping up with conventions (plasma is good vs shields, bullets good vs health) the AR shouldn’t drop shields so quickly…I think it’s close to being right though.assault rifles SHOULD be powerful at close to close-mid range.

> 2676692992818466;15:
> > 2533274881015020;12:
> > I find it absolutely hilarious that people are whining about those who criticize Halo 5, claiming that they just want “Halo 2.5” when Halo 5 is essentially Halo 4.5 minus the loadouts and ordnance drops.
>
>
> Plus the fair starts, weapons on map, descoping, and map control from halo 1-3, plus the auto aim light shooting model from halo 1,
>
> And a franchise first: useful starting that aren’t so powerful that map weapons are useless.

Fair starts” is heavily implied when I said “minus the loadouts”, genius. Weapons have always been on maps. Oh yay, the return of a mechanic that was there from the start. “Map control” is also heavily implied when I mentioned no ordnance drops. Reduced auto aim is relatively minor and inconsequential.

Do power weapons count? If so, even Halo Reach did that. It’s not a franchise first, trust me.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump or necropost threads</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

O>O

> 2533274836391491;18:
> O>O

#necro why did you revive a 2 year dead thread?