"Remastered" Visuals for the sake of xbl multiplayer instead?

Here’s a simple question for everyone:

Would you have taken a remastered campaign visually for the sake of them taking more time to make an online multiplayer component? Because they took all the time in the world to REMAKE the campaign’s visuals instead of just up-resing it to HD, so instead with that time I think they should have remade the multiplayer to work with Xbox LIVE and just gave it a remastering.

Thoughts? I’m curious to see the responses…

So you are saying that they should have remade the multiplayer instead of the campaign?

I fully disagree. I played Halo CE for the campaign, the multiplayer was a bonus, I would choose the campaign over multiplayer 1,000,000 times before I even thought about having the multiplayer instead.

You don’t know business. What would be beneficial to 343? Two Halo games with multiplayers and splitting the amount of people between Reach and HCE Multiplayer, or sticking HCE Multiplayer into Reach and keeping people playing one Halo?

The time of this would have been effort and everyone would QQ over the campaign looking horrible, plus Halo 4’s out NEXT year.

I would rather pick a campaign remaster over a CE Multiplayer remaster anyway.

What’s better? A Nostalgic Re-imagining of the Campaign that spawned this very thread we are posting in today and which the vast-majority love or a Re-imaging of the Halo: CE Multiplayer which would have been a disaster considering the growing experience of Halo Players and the numerous exploits that the game had.

Most people tend to let Nostalgia blind their impressions of what may really be the case. Halo CE Multiplayer Remake may just turn out to be a flop since it would not be able to capture the feeling that it gave us 10 Years ago.

Why couldn’t it be the same thing? The campaign is… Halo CE already had online multiplayer on XBC, so imagine that with a way better system like XBL.

And regarding the Reach community… WHAT community?! The game is split as it is and with Halo 4 right around the corner, what’s the big deal? People who just blindly say/agree with what 343i tells you are clearly not taking other factors into consideration.

Let me ask you this, what’s the BENEFIT of keeping whatever the Reach community is left in tact? Who says it’ll take away from the Reach community anyway? I know TONS of people who were obsessed with Halo 1 multiplayer who only play CoD now because Halo has a new direction. Have you people ever thought of that?

^^^ this. That what he said sums it up why halo is falling back so much. I was obsessed with halo 1 multiplayer. But after halo2 I gave up on the franchise in terms of competitive play… the game is more noob friendly now. You guys would understand if u actually played halo 1 mp for at least a year.

I don’t even care about the visuals, as much as I love the campaign it was the multiplayer that kept me coming back to halo. I would gladly paid $60 for a straight port of just the multiplayer onto xbox live. Would do the same for a halo 2 port as well.

> Here’s a simple question for everyone:
>
> Would you have taken a remastered campaign visually for the sake of them taking more time to make an online multiplayer component? Because they took all the time in the world to REMAKE the campaign’s visuals instead of just up-resing it to HD, so instead with that time I think they should have remade the multiplayer to work with Xbox LIVE and just gave it a remastering.
>
>
> Thoughts? I’m curious to see the responses…

Have you even read 343i’s statements on this?

Frank O’Connor said they would’ve loved to do that, but it would’ve taken them two-three years to build the multiplayer into a playable online experience, and that wasn’t feasible with the time constraints and the fact that they’d rather move forward into halo 4 than just do remakes.

Re-doing the campaign didn’t take that long, and “up-resing it to HD” would’ve looked like garbage; I don’t think you really understand how graphics work.

Yeah sure, we all want H:CE multiplayer remade, but a) at no point did 343i say they were going to do that, and b) doing that wouldnt’ve brought back tonnes of people; it would’ve split reach’s population up even more, and if you don’t understand the problem with that, go mm at high level arena, and consider that H4 would’ve had to compete with Halo CE instead of just absorbing reach’s population. If you do that and still think CE could’ve been released as a standalone, full replica of Halo CE in HD, and that the Halo series could’ve still moved forward, I’m baffled.

Everybody seems to forget why they didn’t do multiplayer.

I know why they didn’t do the multiplayer… What I’m saying is they should’ve used ALL the manpower to focus on putting it on Xbox LIVE instead of focusing just on the remake…

ALL the manpower working on Xbox LIVE support wouldn’t have taken 3 years (and by all the manpower I’m referring to the entire team working on the remake, not the team simultaneously working on Halo 4).

I would rather have Halo CEA as it is now than have an up-res version of the game and online multipalyer.

> I know why they didn’t do the multiplayer… What I’m saying is they should’ve used ALL the manpower to focus on putting it on Xbox LIVE instead of focusing just on the remake…
>
>
> ALL the manpower working on Xbox LIVE support wouldn’t have taken 3 years (and by all the manpower I’m referring to the entire team working on the remake, not the team simultaneously working on Halo 4).

No, that’s wrong, you don’t understand how coding works. More manpower would not have brought the game up in a year, and then we also wouldn’t have halo 4 coming, by your logic, and that’s no good.

So you’re going to tell me that by the time they started working on Halo Anniversary, they couldn’t have had a functional online multiplayer within the period of over a year if they focused on it?

Clearly YOU don’t know how the allocation of talented resources work and are underestimating how these things happen in reality…

> Most people tend to let Nostalgia blind their impressions of what may really be the case.

> What’s better? A Nostalgic Re-imagining of the Campaign that spawned this very thread we are posting in today and which the vast-majority love or a Re-imaging of the Halo: CE Multiplayer which would have been a disaster considering the growing experience of Halo Players and the numerous exploits that the game had.
>
> Most people tend to let Nostalgia blind their impressions of what may really be the case. Halo CE Multiplayer Remake may just turn out to be a flop since it would not be able to capture the feeling that it gave us 10 Years ago.

I agree, people just dont seem to get it. The multiplayer would not be the same as we remember it. A remastered multiplayer would most likely ruin our halo ce memorier. On another note, halo has always been campaign, multiplayer is just a chilling crib for halo fans to hang out with each other.
Btw didnt know you where on these forums Sangos, and you been quite active too Xd

They completely gave a up-haling to Halo CE. They upgraded the original to Run at 1080p. Altered everything to look great. add lots of lights to ensure direction. Add detail to objects to add emphasis on the forerunner world. Skulls and terminals.

I played all Halo’s so far, manly for the campaign. Multiplayer was extra. So I have to disagree with the OP. Campaign should always remain a main focus for the Halo Series.

Eh…Campaign is what got me into Halo. MP was just that extra on the side to enjoy with a few friends. Good times on both sides but my gaming tastes have expanded since then. Single Player should always come first, then MP.

Besides, i rather remember CE MP for what it is, rather what it could have been and leave at that. It’s time for us to move on people, celebrate Halo’s ten years of greatness but let’s not stray from the path. Nostalgia glasses can blind you if you wear them long enough and if you take them off, amazing things can happen sometimes.

Let that amazing thing be a game called Halo 4. I come to you now as a fellow kinsmen and son Skyrim and ask: Is that too be much to ask for? To make Halo 4 as great, if not greater than Halo CE? Only if we open our minds can that possible, but some hardcore purists are hard to sway and refuse to engage in positive based discussions. The only thing that most of us can agree on is that we can’t go backwards.(in IMO backwards is Reach).

To all those people saying it wouldn’t be what we remember, you’re 100% wrong. I still play Halo 1 on XBC sometimes and it’s EXACTLY what I remember.

It’s not nostalgia. It’s not anything else. It’s EXACTLY what I remember… a fun, simple and competitive experience. Now putting THAT on Xbox LIVE would have been an amazing decision and I’m sure would’ve brought tons of fans back to Halo who’ve migrated to other games. If Halo 4 can recapture that gameplay experience with all the features of Reach, you’d have the best Halo game to date.

> So you’re going to tell me that by the time they started working on Halo Anniversary, they couldn’t have had a functional online multiplayer within the period of over a year if they focused on it?
>
>
> Clearly YOU don’t know how the allocation of talented resources work and are underestimating how these things happen in reality…

Literally, yes, that’s what I’m going to tell you, and if you’d like proof, just look at some statement Frank O’Connor has made. They literally would’ve had to rebuild the multiplayer from the ground up. Can you tell me how long game development usually takes? what’s that, three years at a minimum? Oh, I think I see the issue here!!!

Honestly, you just insulted my perception of reality, so I ask of you this: do you have any experience with coding? have you ever written a functional program, and learned about software engineering in a university setting?

> I fully disagree. I played Halo CE for the campaign, the multiplayer was a bonus, I would choose the campaign over multiplayer 1,000,000 times before I even thought about having the multiplayer instead.

This. A million times this.

The Anniversary playlist in Reach is good enough for me, people need to stop complaining already and learn to be grateful.