Remaking of Halo

Halo Anniversary looks very pleasing to me, especially the campaign… But if you suggest on rebuilding an original game, make it as original as possible. Example:

Halo 2 Engine= awesome
Halo 3 Engine = awesome
Halo Reach Engine not same game play, horrible feeling when playing, reminds me nothing of Halo. Not even a Halo involved in the entire game. Utter failure…

Personally, I feel that “Halo Reach” was a game created as a game, for all the people that utterly failed at Halo 2, and Halo 3. Halo Anniversary should be more developed and hopefully better remastered, no jet packs, armor lock etc. but can keep some of the perks that were in Halo 3… Halo Anniversary should be exactly the same way it was presented on November 15, 2001. Not as presented as a remake of utter failure of 2010 Halo Reach Engine. Can’t even enjoy a campaign clip with your friends, or show them something interesting you found. At least do more effort in multiplayer, that’s what people want, not some thing that “noobs” can enjoy, but for everyone in general. Please fix this issue, as it makes me just not want to even consider of buying the game itself.

You are 1000000000% RIGHT I am glad i am not the only one who thinks this way.

So you give a -Yoink- about a vintage experience, but you don’t give a -Yoink- about a vintage experience. Makes sense.

Besides, you mentioning this won’t change anything.

And I’m guessing your one of the “noobs” that enjoy Reach?..

Noob…

@Defrepp -

I totally agree. Halo: Reach was one of the those games that shouldn’t even be called a Halo game, it is in no way like any of the other games. Yes, games change, I can understand that, but come on, perks in a Halo game? I would also assume that Halo: Anniversary would be more like Halo: CE, however it’s exactly like Reach, besides the campaign.

The only thing you would be paying for in Anniversary is the campaign, due to the fact that the multiplayer is exactly like Reach. To me, that’s just not worth $40. I probably will not be buying this game just to play the campaign, I would really like to play Halo: CE multiplayer again, however we’re just not going to see that in Anniversary, which is a shame.

I really hope that they come to the senses, and make the game way more like Halo: CE, instead of Reach. I know that this isn’t going to happen since the game is set to release in a couple of months, but maybe, just maybe they will get enough feedback that will make them change their mind in the future, because I’m sure a bunch of people out there feel the same exact way about this situation.

Sincerely,
EH SgtSniper

> And I’m guessing your one of the “noobs” that enjoy Reach?..
>
> Noob…

Hahahaha. I enjoy it, but I don’t enjoy it as much as you do. Why aren’t you keeping yourself up-to-date? They’re making the multiplayer for Anniversary to be like Halo 1 as much as possible. Isn’t that good enough for you?

> And I’m guessing your one of the “noobs” that enjoy Reach?..
>
> Noob…

Your attitude just negated any argument you had. You come onto a forum, create a thread which IMO is wrong, then resort to insulting someone who disputes it rather than actually arguing your point?

I can understand why its easier, but Reach Engine? Cmon now, that’s lazy, and yes I’m “hoping” it will be like Halo: CE multiplayer, but I entirely doubt it, because the Reach Engine is nothing like it! Go play Reach, and then go back to Halo: CE… I don’t have the same feeling as I once did 10 years ago, nor the same feeling that I felt in Halo 2, or in Halo 3.

I just expected more effort for such a great game…

> You are 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% RIGHT I am glad i am not the only one who thinks this way.

Fixed.

> > And I’m guessing your one of the “noobs” that enjoy Reach?..
> >
> > Noob…
>
> Your attitude just negated any argument you had. You come onto a forum, create a thread which IMO is wrong, then resort to insulting someone who disputes it rather than actually arguing your point?

I’m stating my opinion that I find to be a fact, Reach wasn’t the same.

> > And I’m guessing your one of the “noobs” that enjoy Reach?..
> >
> > Noob…
>
> Hahahaha. I enjoy it, but I don’t enjoy it as much as you do. Why aren’t you keeping yourself up-to-date? They’re making the multiplayer for Anniversary to be like Halo 1 as much as possible. Isn’t that good enough for you?

They aren’t trying to make the multiplayer for Anniversary to be exactly like Halo 1. If you have been paying attention to Halo Fest today, you would have heard what they said. They said that all they did was port the same multiplayer engine that’s used in Reach over to Anniversary because it would’ve been too difficult than to completely redesign and recode the entire Halo 1 engine all over again.

> I can understand why its easier, but Reach Engine? Cmon now, that’s lazy, and yes I’m “hoping” it will be like Halo: CE multiplayer, but I entirely doubt it, because the Reach Engine is nothing like it! Go play Reach, and then go back to Halo: CE… I don’t have the same feeling as I once did 10 years ago, nor the same feeling that I felt in Halo 2, or in Halo 3.
>
> I just expected more effort for such a great game…

Liiisteeen. The TU is gonna make Reach BE more like CE’s Multiplayer. That’s a fact. Sure Reach’s engine is nothing like it, but with the TU it can be close. That seriously isn’t good enough? There’ll be no AA’s, no -Yoink- melee system, and definitely no reticule bloom/weapon spread on precision weapons.

> > > And I’m guessing your one of the “noobs” that enjoy Reach?..
> > >
> > > Noob…
> >
> > Hahahaha. I enjoy it, but I don’t enjoy it as much as you do. Why aren’t you keeping yourself up-to-date? They’re making the multiplayer for Anniversary to be like Halo 1 as much as possible. Isn’t that good enough for you?
>
> They aren’t trying to make the multiplayer for Anniversary to be exactly like Halo 1. If you have been paying attention to Halo Fest today, you would have heard what they said. They said that all they did was port the same multiplayer engine that’s used in Reach over to Anniversary because it would’ve been too difficult than to completely redesign and recode the entire Halo 1 engine all over again.

-Yoink-, read this http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/t/22731.aspx

> > > > And I’m guessing your one of the “noobs” that enjoy Reach?..
> > > >
> > > > Noob…
> > >
> > > Hahahaha. I enjoy it, but I don’t enjoy it as much as you do. Why aren’t you keeping yourself up-to-date? They’re making the multiplayer for Anniversary to be like Halo 1 as much as possible. Isn’t that good enough for you?
> >
> > They aren’t trying to make the multiplayer for Anniversary to be exactly like Halo 1. If you have been paying attention to Halo Fest today, you would have heard what they said. They said that all they did was port the same multiplayer engine that’s used in Reach over to Anniversary because it would’ve been too difficult than to completely redesign and recode the entire Halo 1 engine all over again.
>
> Yoink!, read this http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/t/22731.aspx

I stated earlier, it should be removed, it shouldn’t even be involved.

Alright. Then I have nothing else to say to you. Good day.

> > > > And I’m guessing your one of the “noobs” that enjoy Reach?..
> > > >
> > > > Noob…
> > >
> > > Hahahaha. I enjoy it, but I don’t enjoy it as much as you do. Why aren’t you keeping yourself up-to-date? They’re making the multiplayer for Anniversary to be like Halo 1 as much as possible. Isn’t that good enough for you?
> >
> > They aren’t trying to make the multiplayer for Anniversary to be exactly like Halo 1. If you have been paying attention to Halo Fest today, you would have heard what they said. They said that all they did was port the same multiplayer engine that’s used in Reach over to Anniversary because it would’ve been too difficult than to completely redesign and recode the entire Halo 1 engine all over again.
>
> Yoink!, read this http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/t/22731.aspx

Thank you for linking me to that, however they are trying to redesign Halo: CE. Instead of remaking the game, they are making the game more like Reach, which in my book is a pretty bad thing. When people buy this game they are going expect that this game would resemble CE, but with an upgraded engine with better graphics. Instead, that’s not what they are going to be buying, they are going to be paying for the exact same game as Reach (excluding campaign).

I also think that they shouldn’t have armor perks in the game. I don’t think that they should put out a title as Halo: Anniversary, and claim it’s a remake, when in-fact it’s not a remake, just Reach’s multiplayer and a remastered campaign.

> > > > > And I’m guessing your one of the “noobs” that enjoy Reach?..
> > > > >
> > > > > Noob…
> > > >
> > > > Hahahaha. I enjoy it, but I don’t enjoy it as much as you do. Why aren’t you keeping yourself up-to-date? They’re making the multiplayer for Anniversary to be like Halo 1 as much as possible. Isn’t that good enough for you?
> > >
> > > They aren’t trying to make the multiplayer for Anniversary to be exactly like Halo 1. If you have been paying attention to Halo Fest today, you would have heard what they said. They said that all they did was port the same multiplayer engine that’s used in Reach over to Anniversary because it would’ve been too difficult than to completely redesign and recode the entire Halo 1 engine all over again.
> >
> > Yoink!, read this http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/t/22731.aspx
>
> Thank you for linking me to that, however they are trying to redesign Halo: CE. Instead of remaking the game, they are making the game more like Reach, which in my book is a pretty bad thing. When people buy this game they are going expect that this game would resemble CE, but with an upgraded engine with better graphics. Instead, that’s not what they are going to be buying, they are going to be paying for the exact same game as Reach (excluding campaign).
>
> I also think that they shouldn’t have armor perks in the game. I don’t think that they should put out a title as Halo: Anniversary, and claim it’s a remake, when in-fact it’s not a remake, just Reach’s multiplayer and a remastered campaign.

I completely agree with you. <3

> > > And I’m guessing your one of the “noobs” that enjoy Reach?..
> > >
> > > Noob…
> >
> > Your attitude just negated any argument you had. You come onto a forum, create a thread which IMO is wrong, then resort to insulting someone who disputes it rather than actually arguing your point?
>
> I’m stating my opinion that I find to be a fact, Reach wasn’t the same.

And how is any of that relevant to your perceptions of a fellow Halo player which in turn is also irrelevant to the argument?

> > > > And I’m guessing your one of the “noobs” that enjoy Reach?..
> > > >
> > > > Noob…
> > >
> > > Your attitude just negated any argument you had. You come onto a forum, create a thread which IMO is wrong, then resort to insulting someone who disputes it rather than actually arguing your point?
> >
> > I’m stating my opinion that I find to be a fact, Reach wasn’t the same.
>
> And how is any of that relevant to your perceptions of a fellow Halo player which in turn is also irrelevant to the argument?

Reach multiplayer sucks compared to any of the other Halo games, You will never enjoy Halo the same, as long as you enjoy Reach. Reach is bad.

Embrace for wall of text :slight_smile:

See, here’s the thing, it appears that the vast majority of the population still doesn’t understand the way the Halo series works. Let me see if I can help some of you.

Halo anniversary edition was announced. The announcement was a total tease since all that was announced was “we’re bringing back Halo 1 because people love it. We’re going to try to keep it as close as possible to what Halo 1 was.”
Note the complete lack of detail here and the total lack of actual details from anything they’ve “revealed”. Sure, you can say they’re not allowed to reveal anything since it’s still under development. In reality what’s going on is really simple. They throw out a ton of buzz words but they leave out the real details. For example, Anniversary edition is coming out. Except it isn’t actually Halo 1 for the 360 like so many could have believed with the little information we’ve all received.

I find it really terrible how so many people argue and fight over moronic points like “you like reach cuz you’re a nub and reach totally sucks”. Because what that means is you’re being fooled into getting your hopes up. You’re hearing all those buzz words like “we’re bringing back the halo 1 experience” and you think “aw yeah halo 1 is being remade!” when in reality, all you might receive is some really crappy update to Reach where all they do is turn on shield bleeding and throw in the halo 1 pistol. Maybe without bloom.

Also, to what Def Repp said, yeah it is absolutely lazy of them to just throw in the Reach engine and call it Halo CE. On the one hand “it is too hard to code a game that people would like” or “we didn’t feel like actually working on this project so we took the biggest shortcuts. Sure, There’s been a CoD game every year, an Assassin’s creed game every year, and so on but we just uh… idk lol don’t feel like giving people what they want. Hell, they’d gladly fork money for a placebo then argue about how hard we worked and how they just need to adjust to the new game. Lol”

At least that’s how it all looks to me. I mean, we’ve been customers, players, and loyal fans for what, 10 years now? Some of us fans since the Marathon days even. If you pay close attention that’s the pattern that’s been followed since the beginning and you know what patterns do? They repeat themselves.