Remakes: Reach and 4

Let’s imagine that in Halo 5, 343i were to remake ONE map from Halo: Reach, and ONE map from Halo 4. Since a lot of people seems to strongly dislike a large percentage of the maps from both games, this is certainly a subject ripe for discussion. Now, before a tsunami of negativity swipes the thread and plunders the discussion, let’s look at the maps from both games.

Halo Reach:

With all maps listed, and if you had to choose a map from both games to remake in Halo 5, which would they be?

Discuss…

First, remove the remakes from your list.
I’d also remove Forge World, as it’s not really a true map.

I could say “Remake Convict and Hemmorrhage” but that’s not really the intention you set out with this thread I assume.

One other thing. I’m not sure Boardwalk really has the best gameplay, but I love the aesthetic of the map. It’s just beautiful to look at. Please give us a map that shares the same thing.

Powerhouse
Perdition

If I can only pick one of each.
Reach: Highlands
Highlands has a lot of potential for BTB and with a little tweaking it could be a classic.

Halo 4: Abandon
Abandon is a legitimately good map. It just needs some throwdown style spawning tweaks default and more asymmetrical gametypes. It plays Slayer and Extraction well already, some one flag, fixed oddball, and fixed KOTH could be even better.

Honorable mentions
Reach
*Powerhouse, never understood why this map didn’t get more love
*Countdown probably the best default Reach map

Halo 4
*Meltdown, removing the Mantis(Really any heavy vehicles) would be a huge improvement
*Vortex, was my favorite BTB map because it still had great flow despite random ordnance proving that the DMR/LR are not the real problem when it comes to movement(Banshee ruined it though).

reach highlands
halo 4 shatter

though i would pick halo 2 as the best candidate to choose a remake from, that game had some of the best maps

> If I can only pick one of each.
>
> Halo 4: Abandon
> Abandon is a legitimately good map. It just needs some throwdown style spawning tweaks default and more asymmetrical gametypes. It plays Slayer and Extraction well already, some one flag, fixed oddball, and fixed KOTH could be even better.

I’ll be honest, I never really liked Abandon. I’m not sure if it was the cluttered playspaces (having small rocks and crates constantly catching your feet and obstructing flow), or if it was the gloomy aesthetics. The central tower was also at fault due to how it really didn’t drive map control, it didn’t have much of an effect on the match.

> Honorable mentions
> Reach
> *Powerhouse, never understood why this map didn’t get more love
> *Countdown probably the best default Reach map

In structure, Powerhouse seemed to be a spiritual successor to Sanctuary, and it’s aesthetics gave it the vibe of High Ground. I can agree that it was a great map but with little love.

Countdown was another great map, but it wasn’t too fair to look at.

> Halo 4
> *Meltdown, removing the Mantis(Really any heavy vehicles) would be a huge improvement
> *Vortex, was my favorite BTB map because it still had great flow despite random ordnance proving that the DMR/LR are not the real problem when it comes to movement(Banshee ruined it though).

I’ll be honest, I hated both Meltdown and Vortex. Even without the Mantis (which should honestly just stay with Halo 4), Meltdown had a lot of clutter that resulted in irritating chokepoints that would have allowed vehicle gameplay to flourish had they been nonexistent. And Vortex had the same issues as Abandon: Unnecessary choke points and the lack of any map-control.