Remakes of classic maps

What classic halo maps would you like to see re-imagined in Halo infinite? I would personally like bloodgultch and lockout to return.

Classic maps, especially the smaller ones, can only feasibly return if we have a movement system similar to, well, not Halo 5.

As in, if we get the classic maps with H5 movement, they won’t play like the classic map at all. Might work, might not, but it remains a gamble, and the latter scenario will only leave a sour aftertaste.

All we can do is wait for more info, I guess.

Terminal, turf, maybe Zanzibar from h2

Perhaps Haven and Lockout. I say Haven because the Pre-Covenant Sanghelian version, Mercy in Halo 5 is nice but I don’t like the tone, it’s dark and depressing compared to Haven’s brighter atmosphere.

I’d like Relic (H2) back. It’s been remade in Halo 2A but is yet to appear in any other games besides that. I think it’s a bit underrated as a BTB map, and it (and it’s remaster) have brilliant skyboxes. I’d also like to have the Spire (H:R) back. It’s yet to be remade. It’s great for any type of game, especially custom games where you can mess around with the grav lifts and jumping off of the Spire, and BTB games where it’s a battle with great verticality and air combat to control the Spire. It could even be re-contextualized as a Banished Spire or something like that perhaps.

And of course a few of the reoccurring remakes.

> 2533274826620064;2:
> Classic maps, especially the smaller ones, can only feasibly return if we have a movement system similar to, well, not Halo 5.
>
> As in, if we get the classic maps with H5 movement, they won’t play like the classic map at all. Might work, might not, but it remains a gamble, and the latter scenario will only leave a sour aftertaste.

Such is not the case with Halo 5’s remake of Midship. They off-put the advanced movement with extensions and added detail to make it work. If Infinite did have Halo 5 movement, any and all classic maps could return; they would just have to be fine-tuned like Halo 5’s Truth is. It’s not like they’re just porting the map from one game to the other as a 1:1.

I thought with Halo 5 introducing spartan abilities (ground pound in particular), they would remake Reach’s ONI Swordbase.
I’m not educated enough to know if this was a map before but I would love to see Halo 3 Guardian again

High ground for some one sided objective fun.

> 2533274930223782;3:
> Terminal, turf, maybe Zanzibar from h2

Halo 2 had such incredible maps. I love the map interaction on Terminal with the trains coming and Zanzibar with the gates and shutters etc. I would love to see those interactions come back. Here’s my list.

Terminal - H2
Turf - H2
Ascension - H2
Lockout/Blackout - H2/H3
Ivory Tower - H2
Gemini - H2
Waterworks - H2
Guardian - H3
Hang Em High - H1
Sandtrap - H3 (lets get some of this awesome creativity back. The elephants were such a cool element to randomly have on this one map. I love that)!

I’d personally only like to see 1 or 2 remakes, and maybe another 1 or 2 "inspired by’ maps when Infinite launches.
It would depend on what maps worked best with Infinite’s movement system, but I do really like High Ground form Halo 3 and Exile from Halo 4.

Besides, with what people can make with 5’s Forge these days, imagine what people will be able to do with Infinite’s Forge after they’ve had time to get used to it.

Midship, Relic, Zanzibar, Gemini, Colossus, Sanctuary, Narrows, a better version of Snowbound, a better version of High Ground, Guardian, The Pit, and Valhalla

> 2535418979567138;5:
> I’d like Relic (H2) back. It’s been remade in Halo 2A but is yet to appear in any other games besides that. I think it’s a bit underrated as a BTB map, and it (and it’s remaster) have brilliant skyboxes. I’d also like to have the Spire (H:R) back. It’s yet to be remade. It’s great for any type of game, especially custom games where you can mess around with the grav lifts and jumping off of the Spire, and BTB games where it’s a battle with great verticality and air combat to control the Spire. It could even be re-contextualized as a Banished Spire or something like that perhaps.
>
> And of course a few of the reoccurring remakes.
>
>
> > 2533274826620064;2:
> > Classic maps, especially the smaller ones, can only feasibly return if we have a movement system similar to, well, not Halo 5.
> >
> > As in, if we get the classic maps with H5 movement, they won’t play like the classic map at all. Might work, might not, but it remains a gamble, and the latter scenario will only leave a sour aftertaste.
>
> Such is not the case with Halo 5’s remake of Midship. They off-put the advanced movement with extensions and added detail to make it work. If Infinite did have Halo 5 movement, any and all classic maps could return; they would just have to be fine-tuned like Halo 5’s Truth is. It’s not like they’re just porting the map from one game to the other as a 1:1.

Very fair point, but as you said, they will have to be adjusted (slightly) to work. Taking that into account, I’m very interested in what some of the H:CE PC maps would play like in a modern incarnation of Halo, like Danger Canyon, Gephyrophobia and Death Island.

Why hasn’t High Ground been remade yet? it’s one of the best maps halo has to offer and we haven’t seen it since 2007. bring it back.

I wouldnt mind a couple of classic maps, but they would be stretched to compensate for advanced mobility. Just like midship in Halo 5 and The Pit in Halo 4. Stretching those maps completely ruined the feel of them.