Remake the best Halo ever created?

I think they should remake Halo 2 which had the best campaign and multiplayer since the beginning of halo. Halo 1 was great but 2 had a lot more to offer. better maps and weapons. Halo 2 multiplayer was ranked and by far the most fun out of all the halos since. The games were more about strategy and skill over the good use of starting with a DMR or Battle rifle. You had to learn where to find good weapons on the map and hope to be the first to get there. Also the game types were better than the new ones and stats. The game was more about patience rather then constant long range DMR fighting. By far the best multiplayer on xbox ever and it should be remade.

if anything for a remake dont hope for the revival of its online.

and really I would like if 343 didnt remake it because things of an older time that gave you memories deserve to get left behind to preserve those memories.

and its doubtful they will make one because the first one was celebrating the start of halo. and that would also mean they would remake halo 3 anniversary in 4 years?

I don’t think it will be easy to get halo 2 remade but I think it would be worth it for people that have played it and have never played it and I think it should be done. In my opinion it was so much better than 3, reach and 4. I never played ODST or Wars. Halo hasn’t been ranked by skill since 2 and that takes a big piece of the fun away. The game types, weapons, skill ranks, and maps made it my favorite game ever. I read one person describe the halo 2 multiplayer as crack and I have to agree even though I have never smoked crack it was highly addicting. It is very fun and addicting trying to level up through skill not time played. The way weapons were on the map and you did not start with so much was better it makes you rely on the map more. I don’t remember anything from back then when I played because it was about 8 years ago. I only remember the amount of fun I had and that I was ranked 36 in team slayer which was very high. Even the way the clans were set up made making a team so much easier and fun. It has gotten so far away from how good halo 2 was and going back in time to remake this game would be worth it but it would have to be made the same. It would still be better than anything new they can come out with.

> I don’t think it will be easy to get halo 2 remade but I think it would be worth it for people that have played it and have never played it and I think it should be done. In my opinion it was so much better than 3, reach and 4. I never played ODST or Wars. Halo hasn’t been ranked by skill since 2 and that takes a big piece of the fun away. The game types, weapons, skill ranks, and maps made it my favorite game ever. I read one person describe the halo 2 multiplayer as crack and I have to agree even though I have never smoked crack it was highly addicting. It is very fun and addicting trying to level up through skill not time played. The way weapons were on the map and you did not start with so much was better it makes you rely on the map more. I don’t remember anything from back then when I played because it was about 8 years ago. I only remember the amount of fun I had and that I was ranked 36 in team slayer which was very high. Even the way the clans were set up made making a team so much easier and fun. It has gotten so far away from how good halo 2 was and going back in time to remake this game would be worth it but it would have to be made the same. It would still be better than anything new they can come out with.

Yeah, I agree plus it’s not unrealistic to understand that H2 is the only xbox Halo not on Live so for people to say other remakes would have to follow are wrong imo.

I find it hard to believe there aren’t a ton of people with the same opinion about halo 2. If people would get more involved in forums it may actually have some effect on the new creators to think about making the best halo multiplayer and possibly best campaign yet.

I don’t think any other Halo should be remade besides halo 1 or 2. Halo 1 because it is the original but halo 2 because it was the best. The campaign had a few levels that were the best and the multiplayer had the best gameplay and maps by far compared to any other halo. If it was brought back the same as the first one it would be great.

> I find it hard to believe there aren’t a ton of people with the same opinion about halo 2. If people would get more involved in forums it may actually have some effect on the new creators to think about making the best halo multiplayer and possibly best campaign yet.

I think there are millions out there. Hell, if 30,000,000 people played the game and liked it, they are still out there somewhere.

They just don’t post, they go about their lives but they will sure as hell buy it. I think people will get back online from all over the globe just to play H2 for a few months again, like the old days. Add the new players that have only heard about the H2 MP experience and MS may have a blockbuster.

This will only work and be huge if 343 does not mess with the MP. If they put it back up just the way it was when shut down, they can build a new money vault they’ve been wanting.

I think H2 will, at least for a while, draw people away from other platforms.

> They just don’t post, they go about their lives

yeah people don’t post if there’s nothing good to post about that’s for sure

for most h2 people who have given up hope there’s just no reason to go on forums and see people praising the downfall

looking back through all my h2 clans there was a very small percentage of people involved that ever went on to play h3 let alone remain active on the forums

hardly any people i knew from h3 even care anymore

> I think people will get back online from all over the globe just to play H2 for a few months again, like the old days. Add the new players that have only heard about the H2 MP experience and MS may have a blockbuster.

i’d like to think that would be the case but i don’t know how realistic that is

anybody still around would certainly play it and i’m sure a lot of the lost population would love it to come back but it’s hard to tell if it would have even remotely the same level of impact again

during its original span the population didn’t primarily consist of people who demanded progression ranks and gimmicks

everybody just wanted to play ranked and clan matches and have a good time and the scene couldn’t have been stronger

i fear that if the game were to be released now the population would only consist of anybody who has played it before (and only a fraction of that population) and newcomers would be turned off by it not being the newest installment no matter how superior it is

hypothetically that scenario is fine for anybody who just wants to play some good halo again but it would ultimately be a shell of what it was

and lol this is only if a remake were to actually happen

> > They just don’t post, they go about their lives
>
> yeah people don’t post if there’s nothing good to post about that’s for sure
>
> for most h2 people who have given up hope there’s just no reason to go on forums and see people praising the downfall
>
> looking back through all my h2 clans there was a very small percentage of people involved that ever went on to play h3 let alone remain active on the forums
>
> hardly any people i knew from h3 even care anymore
>
>
>
> > I think people will get back online from all over the globe just to play H2 for a few months again, like the old days. Add the new players that have only heard about the H2 MP experience and MS may have a blockbuster.
>
> i’d like to think that would be the case but i don’t know how realistic that is
>
> anybody still around would certainly play it and i’m sure a lot of the lost population would love it to come back but it’s hard to tell if it would have even remotely the same level of impact again
>
> during its original span the population didn’t primarily consist of people who demanded progression ranks and gimmicks
>
> everybody just wanted to play ranked and clan matches and have a good time and the scene couldn’t have been stronger
>
> i fear that if the game were to be released now the population would only consist of anybody who has played it before (and only a fraction of that population) and newcomers would be turned off by it not being the newest installment no matter how superior it is
>
> hypothetically that scenario is fine for anybody who just wants to play some good halo again but it would ultimately be a shell of what it was
>
> and lol this is only if a remake were to actually happen

You might be right but I think people will buy the game, old players and new would flock. The population would last about 3 to 6 months imo, then it would dwindle again just like before. It’s that 3 to 6 months that I’m looking for. I would pay full price for that.

I don’t understand your ‘shell of a game’ if it’s the same game we left. Give us that back for several months and we’ll be happy. It’s almost too ideal, the short run would fit nicely for future Halo’s and the griping would cease as far as Anniversary is concerned. If they just give us what CEA MP turned into then it would be a failure and the major griping would continue imo.

> You might be right but I think people will buy the game, old players and new would flock. The population would last about 3 to 6 months imo, then it would dwindle again just like before. It’s that 3 to 6 months that I’m looking for. I would pay full price for that.

i agree that the initial population would be more than enough to allow the game to thrive

i also think it’ll last longer than 3 to 6 months because the game is so damn good and people who are willing to purchase h2 again are clearly not going to switch to crappy future halo titles

i just don’t think it’d return to the be-all-end-all status that it once reached

> I don’t understand your ‘shell of a game’ if it’s the same game we left

i guess i just meant that the “magic” of the game at the time will never be recaptured by a remake because we’ve already been-there-done-that and it’d have to coexist with a newer crappy title

the game itself will always be pure gold lol i still play it a lot on xbc it’s honestly too good

> If they just give us what CEA MP turned into then it would be a failure and the major griping would continue imo.

lol yeah no doubt about that and anybody who wouldn’t gripe in that scenario is a madman

For most games people only play them about 3 to 6 months but put days of gameplay into it while waiting for the next game to come out. I have read the other posts about bringing back halo 2 but I thought this would get more hits because it was such a good game compared to what Halo has been like since.

Were it so easy…

Revive this with its own multi imo and bring back the last mission that got cut out. the one after the cliffhanger.

I agree with the sentiment over Halo 2. It was the best multiplayer experience. The requirement of teamwork was much clearer and the level of smack talk was so much funnier than now, especially in the pregame lobby. I would like to see many of the maps re rendered and available to play, without “superjump” support.