[REMAKE] Primordial's Vault - Rat Race remake

“Guardians were not all we found buried below our feet… there are worse things, much worse.”

A remake of the classic Halo:CE map “Rat Race”.
I hope you guys like it! This map shines on free-for-all and in team doubles, but it is ready for all Slayer, CtF, and Strongholds variants.

Check it out on forge hub! Click on the “Download” button to view my profile on xbox.com, so you can add me directly and get the map.
http://www.forgehub.com/maps/primordials-vault-rat-race-remake.1185/

UPDATE 1.1 - Fixed a lightning issue on red yard (some lights were too bright).

Feedback is welcome!

I love this map! The tunnel area is incredible, it actually looks like a mine and you toped it out with the teleporter’s green watery effect! It just looks AMAZING! It should be put into rotation for the free-for-all or doubles playlists!

> 2533274795436884;3:
> I love this map! The tunnel area is incredible, it actually looks like a mine and you toped it out with the teleporter’s green watery effect! It just looks AMAZING! It should be put into rotation for the free-for-all or doubles playlists!

Yes, it’s a great map, I already linked it to my other thread here.

> 2533274828509198;4:
> > 2533274795436884;3:
> > I love this map! The tunnel area is incredible, it actually looks like a mine and you toped it out with the teleporter’s green watery effect! It just looks AMAZING! It should be put into rotation for the free-for-all or doubles playlists!
>
>
> Yes, it’s a great map, I already linked it to my other thread here.

Thanks to both of you! I’m glad you liked the map! :slight_smile: If you have any suggestions about weapon balancing, bugs, or piece of scenery poking out in the wrong place, please let me know! Im open to suggestions!!

Awesome job!

Amazing work OP. I’ve added your remake to the Halo 5 Classic Remake Master List: Halo 5 Best Classic Map Remakes, Where To Download & Similarity Rating! - Google Sheets

> 2533274795569076;6:
> Awesome job!

> 2533274820354981;7:
> Amazing work OP. I’ve added your remake to the Halo 5 Classic Remake Master List: Halo 5 Best Classic Map Remakes, Where To Download & Similarity Rating! - Google Sheets

I’m glad you liked it! BTW, very nice list! Its awesome to be featured in it! THANKS

This map is now available on reddit as “HCE - Rat Race” :slight_smile:

(01/17/16) BALANCE AND GAMEPLAY UPDATE OF PRIMORDIAL’S VAULT.
Gameplay changes on v1.1:

• Entrance to mine on blue base is now more accessible and there is no need to jump over the rubble, allowing players to just sprint or walk through with no extra effort. - Fire FX (on blue entrance to mine) was moved into the wall, allowing players to enter more easily without getting their shields down all the time. - Fire FX (on elevator shaft) was moved into the wall, now players can lean on the elevator’s door and not get burned.Balance changes on v1.1:

• Replaced Energy Sword for Plasma Caster on blue corridor’s weapon pad. - Removed SPNKr Rocket Launcher and weapon pad on red corridor. (placed a plasma pistol in its space)