REMAKE HALO 2, ALSO!! <3

REMAKE HALO 2 ALSO! Every fan loves Halo 2. In my opinion, it had the best campaign. The level design was beautiful. And the multiplayer was epic. (I LOVED HEADLONG!)

Please remake it! Especially with Live being shut down. PLEASE! AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR REMAKING CE!!!

Hold on there, let Halo 1 be remade first…

I wouldn’t mind seeing the maps, but Halo CE never had any multiplayer of any kind online for Console besides XBC, so I can see why they did it for that game as well as it being the true Classic game.

Don’t even update a thing, just take care of the game like you should have the first time around you’ve got a hit.

First, at least wait for a more appropriate time. Like the Halo 2 tenth anniversary.

Second, if they remake it in the same manor of Combat Evolved, forget it. While Combat Evolved’s multiplayer was excelent it also had a great campaign. Halo 2 on the other hand, the multiplayer MADE that game. If you don’t remake the multiplayer then you might as well forget about it.

One day. Hopefully. Halo 2 MP would be amazing to see, even if the netcode wasn’t brought up to speed.

That said, I’m sure I see black screens in Reach almost as much as I saw blue screens in Halo 2.

If they did announce Halo 2, it would just be the single player and a stupid map pack for Halo 4. Just like they did with Halo: CE. I don’t want them touching Halo 2.

In my opinion, Halo 2 was a milestone in the Halo franchise. I remember spending countless hours online in custom games & matchmaking and it would never cease to amaze me. The competitiveness of the game was unlike anything of it’s time. I miss it a lot. Remember how easy it was to make friends? How much fun even sitting in a lobby with those old friends could be? Remember being able to hear that noob who got lucky talk smack to you after they bxr you and tbag you? Remember the Aesthetically pleasing ranks? I remember… Moving on… for now…

Recently I stumbled upon videos of the Halo CE Anniversary and I have to say that I’m very stoked. CE was never given the online multiplayer chance like other Halos, however in my opinion had the best story of all and rad LAN multiplayer. I am curious as to how it will hold up. Anyways, getting back to H2. After the Original Xbox Live Servers were drained of life on April 14th, 2010, I found myself nostalgic and left with a void that maybe (I hope) will someday be replaced.

I think that Halo 2 at least deserves it’s own anniversary, down the road. Maybe perhaps, even being re-released as an arcade title with online multiplayer? I feel like Microsoft treated Halo 2 (and every other original titles that was still kickin’) like an unwanted stepchildren by abandoning them. Did Microsoft forget their roots? I think that Halo 2 made Halo’s Online Multiplayer what it is today and it should never be forgotten. Do Halo 2 justice!

Last but not least… Halo 4

I hope that this time around, 343 can deliver a game that has the combined equivalence of Halo CE’s Single Player and Halo 2’s Multiplayer. What are your thoughts?

Halo 2 was the Golden Age of Halo. I know lots of people who are into Reach now and never got the opportunity to play it online, and I tell them that they really missed out. I have never had as much fun playing a game as I did in Halo 2. You said it well, be it playing team hardcore or MLG, BTB, playing customs like Tower of Power, zombies, cat n mouse, etc., doing super bounces and other glitches, or just making new friends and chatting in a lobby(party chat KILLED this)it was always fun. With that being said, Halo 2 put XBL on the map for online gaming, console online gaming was a joke before Halo 2 and microsoft should always remember their roots. Halo 2 already had online, so for them to bring in back in either a remake 3 years from now, or as an arcade version, it should not be done like Halo CEA is, it should be the true multiplayer maybe with a new graphics engine running over it, nothing else.

> Halo 2 was the Golden Age of Halo. I know lots of people who are into Reach now and never got the opportunity to play it online, and I tell them that they really missed out. I have never had as much fun playing a game as I did in Halo 2. You said it well, be it playing team hardcore or MLG, BTB, playing customs like Tower of Power, zombies, cat n mouse, etc., doing super bounces and other glitches, or just making new friends and chatting in a lobby(party chat KILLED this)it was always fun. With that being said, Halo 2 put XBL on the map for online gaming, console online gaming was a joke before Halo 2 and microsoft should always remember their roots. Halo 2 already had online, so for them to bring in back in either a remake 3 years from now, or as an arcade version, it should not be done like Halo CEA is, it should be the true multiplayer maybe with a new graphics engine running over it, nothing else.

I would have played it online, but, no matter what, I could only play in one playlist and I never was able to play a single match. And yes, I have all the map packs.

This is just sort of a fun rant. When a Halo 2 remake comes along, what will the excuse for no original MP be? Because we all know there is netcode.

Off topic: Anyone notice how Halo 2 is not in games on demand, Games for windows, or any content available through MS at all? Remember when they shut down MP, they were to bring new features, I have not seen anything relating to new features brought due to Xbox games being shut down on live.

/Rant(ish)

> This is just sort of a fun rant. When a Halo 2 remake comes along, what will the excuse for no original MP be? Because we all know there is netcode.
>
> Off topic: Anyone notice how Halo 2 is not in games on demand, Games for windows, or any content available through MS at all? Remember when they shut down MP, they were to bring new features, I have not seen anything relating to new features brought due to Xbox games being shut down on live.
>
> /Rant(ish)

Oh how I miss Halo 2 sooooo

No doubt it’ll have something to do with not wanting to split the population of another game.

> No doubt it’ll have something to do with not wanting to split the population of another game.

i fail to see how this is an issue. please explain. lots of halo fans will buy BOTH games. buying a 60$ halo 2 remake is the same profit they would gain from someone buying FIVE map packs, and they wont even make that many. not to mention how some people will buy ALL of the map packs for BOTH games.

honestly, just bring the halo 2 servers back online. why not? heck, i’d rather play that than reach.

> > No doubt it’ll have something to do with not wanting to split the population of another game.
>
> i fail to see how this is an issue. please explain. lots of halo fans will buy BOTH games. buying a 60$ halo 2 remake is the same profit they would gain from someone buying FIVE map packs, and they wont even make that many. not to mention how some people will buy ALL of the map packs for BOTH games.

Are they also going to have two Xboxes with different Halo games inside, which they will play simultaneously?

When the 10 year anniversary of Halo 2 rolls around (November 9th, 2014), or possibly earlier, would 343i be interested in creating a Halo 2: Anniversary? A re-imagination of Halo 2 using Halo 4’s engine? Personally Halo 2 was my favorite Halo. A re make of that in modern times would be absolutely spectacular. Imagine a remake of the greatest campaign missions of all time, Outskirts and Metropolis, the great Matchmaking sessions on Headlong and Containment. A game where once again Brutes are brutish, the return of the ever so missed Spectre, a game where Elites are useful allies in campaign. The joys of flying around Delta Halo in a Warthog or Ghost.

What do you think community? Would you like to see Halo 2: Anniversary?

You know I would. Hopefully this would be a reason to put elites in Halo 4 multiplayer. Most likely they would use the Halo 4 engine for the multiplayer in Halo 2 Anniversary so why not finish the elite models for Halo 4 and save on the development time later.

> When the 10 year anniversary of Halo 2 rolls around (November 9th, 2014), or possibly earlier, would 343i be interested in creating a Halo 2: Anniversary? A re-imagination of Halo 2 using Halo 4’s engine? Personally Halo 2 was my favorite Halo. A re make of that in modern times would be absolutely spectacular. Imagine a remake of the greatest campaign missions of all time, Outskirts and Metropolis, the great Matchmaking sessions on Headlong and Containment. A game where once again Brutes are brutish, the return of the ever so missed Spectre, a game where Elites are useful allies in campaign. The joys of flying around Delta Halo in a Warthog or Ghost.
>
> What do you think community? Would you like to see Halo 2: Anniversary?

By 2014 they will be working on more important games like the new Halo Trilogy, specifically Halo 5 at that time.

I would prefer a new game that would show me a new Halo Story than go back to something I have already played, I like CEA because the fact they have been working on Halo 4 for years now.

As much as I love Halo 2, I don’t see this happening. One 10-year Anniversary remake seems like fan service, doing one for the sequel could cause a backlash of people screaming that Halo is being milked. I’m honestly worried that this could happen (similar to how people trash having a new CoD game every year) because this year and next will make the 4th consecutive year to see a Halo title, even if ODST was just a stand-alone expansion and CEA is a remake.

Also, Halo 2’s multi-player could be completely invalidated (not to mention cause a population split) by Halo 4. 343 has shown a ridiculous amount of support for the community and the Halo brand, some of which most people may not even notice. The company that is willing to spend time narrating and clipping together videos that only the most die-hard Halo fans will see on Waypoint is more than likely going to go the extra mile for a full-blown game release.

ive got a better and much simpler idea! what is it you say? Turn Halo 2 XBL support back on and make it an XBL arcade download with all the map-packs included! Thats all i need