Remade maps question

So with the 6 remade maps apparrently playing differently from classic h2 according to 343, does that mean we wont get the standard classic maps with the h2 gameplay?
example, if we get lockout remade, will we have the option to play the lower def version with the old gameplay? I hope this made sense.

Yes, the remastered maps will be kept separate from the originals.

If you’re playing standard Halo 2 matchmaking (Like many of us probably will be heh) then the remastered maps likely won’t ever show up since they’re running in a different engine.

right. but does this also mean if a map is remastered, will we not get its original version in standard MM?

> Yes, the remastered maps will be kept separate from the originals.
>
> If you’re playing standard Halo 2 matchmaking (Like many of us probably will be heh) then the remastered maps likely won’t ever show up since they’re running in a different engine.

The way I understood it was there would be classic versions of remade maps? I could be wrong though, do you have a source?

> > Yes, the remastered maps will be kept separate from the originals.
> >
> > If you’re playing standard Halo 2 matchmaking (Like many of us probably will be heh) then the remastered maps likely won’t ever show up since they’re running in a different engine.
>
> The way I understood it was there would be classic versions of remade maps? I could be wrong though, do you have a source?

That’s pretty much what I meant, yes.

Digging through the various videos and articles I’ve read (The H2A gameplay trailer, etc) I’m getting the assumption that by what they said about “the original H2 multiplayer being untouched” and “picked six maps to remaster” that there will be the option of playing the classic unaltered maps, or the remastered ones.

So the maps that are being remastered aren’t being replaced or removed. As far as I can tell they’re completely separate maps. What playlist they’ll be in however (H2’s, the H5 beta, or what) I’d like to know.