remade maps from past halos.

Mercy is a reskin of halo 4’s haven, just like truth is a remix of midships, deadlock is a remix of standoff, and there are probably more I can’t think of right now. Is it that hard to make new maps? Come on 343.

Bungie did the same thing countless times. Don’t get on 343’s back about it.

It is better than remix.

I like the mix of old and new.

> 2533274808210415;2:
> Bungie did the same thing countless times. Don’t get on 343’s back about it.

I did not know that, halo 5 was my first halo. I have played the MCC though, but never noticed that.

> 2535417415822399;5:
> > 2533274808210415;2:
> > Bungie did the same thing countless times. Don’t get on 343’s back about it.
>
>
> I did not know that, halo 5 was my first halo.

Ah, gotcha. Well, Bungie did that, even in Halo 2.

> 2533274808210415;6:
> > 2535417415822399;5:
> > > 2533274808210415;2:
> > > Bungie did the same thing countless times. Don’t get on 343’s back about it.
> >
> >
> > I did not know that, halo 5 was my first halo.
>
>
> Ah, gotcha. Well, Bungie did that, even in Halo 2.

I understand that bungie reused maps, but it seems like 343 tried to play it off as an original map.

> 2535417415822399;7:
> > 2533274808210415;6:
> > > 2535417415822399;5:
> > > > 2533274808210415;2:
> > > > Bungie did the same thing countless times. Don’t get on 343’s back about it.
> > >
> > >
> > > I did not know that, halo 5 was my first halo.
> >
> >
> > Ah, gotcha. Well, Bungie did that, even in Halo 2.
>
>
> I understand that bungie reused maps, but it seems like 343 tried to play it off as an original map.

Well, they’ve had some blog posts here on Waypoint mentioning Mercy being a Haven remake, so its not like they’re trying to pass anything off as new.

> 2535417415822399;7:
> > 2533274808210415;6:
> > > 2535417415822399;5:
> > > > 2533274808210415;2:
> > > > Bungie did the same thing countless times. Don’t get on 343’s back about it.
> > >
> > >
> > > I did not know that, halo 5 was my first halo.
> >
> >
> > Ah, gotcha. Well, Bungie did that, even in Halo 2.
>
>
> I understand that bungie reused maps, but it seems like 343 tried to play it off as an original map.

Nah, Bungie remade countless maps, sometimes added small tweaks here and there, but they were still modeled after the same maps. They changed the name and that was that.
It’s not a bad thing, I love that the newer Halo games pay homage to the older maps by including them. Not to mention that many people enjoy those older maps, so when they get a revamp for a newer game, it makes those people happy.
I can’t tell you how excited I would get if we got Blood Gulch or Lockout remade and in rotation for H5.

> 2535417415822399;7:
> > 2533274808210415;6:
> > > 2535417415822399;5:
> > > > 2533274808210415;2:
> > > > Bungie did the same thing countless times. Don’t get on 343’s back about it.
> > >
> > >
> > > I did not know that, halo 5 was my first halo.
> >
> >
> > Ah, gotcha. Well, Bungie did that, even in Halo 2.
>
>
> I understand that bungie reused maps, but it seems like 343 tried to play it off as an original map.

Except they haven’t? They’ve been super open about remaking maps. Plus, only two maps in Halo 5 are remakes from old games : Truth and Mercy. The other ones are community Forge maps, so not official remakes.

Plus, 343i’s Halo games have actually had the least amount of remakes out of any Halo games, since both Halo 4 and 5 have only had two remakes. Halo 2 had 6, Halo 3 had 5 and Reach had 7 (not counting the Forge remakes). So yeah… Honestly, I think Halo 5 could use more remakes, as long as they get them to work well with the gameplay.

Truth is similar to Midship only in design. Lets be honest here. Zealot was closer to Midship.

I personally think Haven was one of 343’s only good and well-made maps in Halo 4. If there was a map to bring back from that game, it’s Haven. Plus you can’t deny they put a ton of work into it, it’s downright beautiful.

> 2533274856723140;11:
> Truth is similar to Midship only in design. Lets be honest here. Zealot was closer to Midship.
>
> I personally think Haven was one of 343’s only good and well-made maps in Halo 4. If there was a map to bring back from that game, it’s Haven. Plus you can’t deny they put a ton of work into it, it’s downright beautiful.

Only in design? What else is there?

> 2533274808386392;10:
> > 2535417415822399;7:
> > > 2533274808210415;6:
> > > > 2535417415822399;5:
> > > > > 2533274808210415;2:
> > > > > Bungie did the same thing countless times. Don’t get on 343’s back about it.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I did not know that, halo 5 was my first halo.
> > >
> > >
> > > Ah, gotcha. Well, Bungie did that, even in Halo 2.
> >
> >
> > I understand that bungie reused maps, but it seems like 343 tried to play it off as an original map.
>
>
> Except they haven’t? They’ve been super open about remaking maps. Plus, only two maps in Halo 5 are remakes from old games : Truth and Mercy. The other ones are community Forge maps, so not official remakes.
>
> Plus, 343i’s Halo games have actually had the least amount of remakes out of any Halo games, since both Halo 4 and 5 have only had two remakes. Halo 2 had 6, Halo 3 had 5 and Reach had 7 (not counting the Forge remakes). So yeah… Honestly, I think Halo 5 could use more remakes, as long as they get them to work well with the gameplay.

What were halo 2s 6? I remember wizard, battle creek and blood gulch remakes what were the other 3.

> 2533274813239350;12:
> > 2533274856723140;11:
> > Truth is similar to Midship only in design. Lets be honest here. Zealot was closer to Midship.
> >
> > I personally think Haven was one of 343’s only good and well-made maps in Halo 4. If there was a map to bring back from that game, it’s Haven. Plus you can’t deny they put a ton of work into it, it’s downright beautiful.
>
>
> Only in design? What else is there?

Actual map layout. Design as in aesthetics. Map layout as in the actual geometry of the map. The same paths, walkways, platforms, etc. Aesthetics being that of a Covenant ship interior.

> 2535417415822399;1:
> Mercy is a reskin of halo 4’s haven, just like truth is a remix of midships, deadlock is a remix of standoff, and there are probably more I can’t think of right now. Is it that hard to make new maps? Come on 343.

I don’t think you can call Mercy a complete ‘re-skin’ - yes the map is obviously Haven from Halo 4, but they have done a great job with a new art style and tweaking different areas of the map, making it work well with the mechanics in Halo 5.

As Eleventh Sniper said, this is nothing new. Bungie did it also. 343 have made lots of new maps, if you think it is so easy to make a new map, I suggest you apply for a job as a level designer at 343 studios.

What playlists feature Mercy currently?

> 2533274808210415;2:
> Bungie did the same thing countless times. Don’t get on 343’s back about it.

Whilst I agree with you, there’s nothing to infer OP wouldn’t have said the same thing if Bungie was in charge.

> 2533274808210415;2:
> Bungie did the same thing countless times. Don’t get on 343’s back about it.

yes but bungie didn’t make them look to different from the originals, look at blood gulch and coagulate, coagulate isn’t that much different from blood gulch, now look at Mercy and Haven, setting is to different need to be like what bungie did with blood gulch and coagulate

I would rather have the remakes of old maps rather than the remixes that they have been putting out.

To me i liked Halo Reach’s maps because they were community made. Like Pinnacle and some others those would be awesome to add because the map was a pretty decent size but the maps on halo 5 are way to small the only map thats a good size is Empire but we need more community maps not just in BTB which btw those maps seem to small but overall the maps in Halo 5 are great its just that they feel to cramped and in halo 2 and 3 you had breathing room and with some reach maps but 343 should take note and start making bigger maps I hope this new map isn’t small.