Reload = lose clip

Just an Idea I thought of. What if when you reloaded, you lost the rounds left in the clip? This does not include the shotgun or needler of course. Discuss, debate, and shoot down.

NO. I have a classic case FPS-reload-itis. D:

So we can run out of ammo at the speed of light? Sorry but no thank you

this would be a newt feature in the game, but someone will complain and whine about it
too late ^ ^

Instead of losing your clip you should reload a full clip until you are out of full clips then cycle through your semi full clips.

Lol…wait…what?.Why would you want that.

Although, I completely disagree, with your idea, I think if something like that were to come into effect it would be like real life. Use part of a magazine, then swap it out for a new one while keeping the original clip.

This idea could work if kill times were as short as CoD. In Halo, we have shields, and it takes more time to kill each other. We would lose ammo literally at the speed of light. I’m not kidding. I already have enough trouble keeping a decent amount of ammo in Reach.

That still doesn’t change the fact that this idea is pretty well thought out because it’s realistic and this new feature wouldn’t apply to guns like shotguns that don’t use clips. Even though I like most of H4’s announced features, I’d have to disagree with this idea (if it really were in the game) due to Halo having larger kill times. Good suggestion though.

This is something that could work in a hardcore or more realistic styled playlist.

It wouldn’t work in Halo, sorry.

I reload after every kill. That is my way of playing. I cannot change that reguardless of the game I’m playing. The only time I don’t reload is if I see a second enemy on screen or radar. You can’t take this away from me. I hate games that use this function. Their is only one game that comes to mind that uses it and I hate it. It’s probably only used in a few games because it’s dumb.

This wouldn’t make any sense though. Why would any smart person just throw away a clip when it make still have rounds in it?

Plus they stay in the ammo reader so it all comes back to you at the end of your ammunition stock unless you pick up more ammo.

This is not Battlefield

We are not obsessed with the game being realistic

> This idea could work if kill times were as short as CoD. In Halo, we have shields, and it takes more time to kill each other. We would lose ammo literally at the speed of light. I’m not kidding. I already have enough trouble keeping a decent amount of ammo in Reach.

I’ve been developing an FPS for the past 7 years and this is what I discovered when I tried it a long while back. It basically boils down to picking your poison. Reload and be prepared for the next battle while losing precious ammo, or risk needing to reload mid battle just to preserve it?

This would be an AWESOME IDEA!

On opposite day.

If it was SWAT perhaps, but for normal play, no.

If you want this in the game then you have to check bodies for ammo. no more just walking over it.

this is a terrible idea.

No. Just no.

No…

> Just an Idea I thought of. What if when you reloaded, you lost the rounds left in the clip? This does not include the shotgun or needler of course. Discuss, debate, and shoot down.

the OPTION to have this style of reloading would be INCREDIBLE.

T-UP!

also: there is no downside of having this as an option. BONUS!?!?!?