Relevant case

Sony was just busted by the FTC (you can Google it) for advertising Vita features that were a) hard to use b) didn’t work c) didn’t exist at all. Sony owes Vita owners $25 in cash or $50 in PSN credit.

For all of you defenders who think these companies can write their own EULA or T&C and dictate what is owed customers, this defeat by Sony at the hands of a consumer protection agency shows you, there are laws companies have to follow.

Microsoft is still advertising The Master Chief Collection, on gaming sites, as a working game. Now, the definition of “working” is changing, as developers, and some enabling gamers, try to lower what functional means. But we all know, as does Microsoft/343, that The Master Chief Collection is, in its current form since launch, not ready for the marketplace.

If the FTC were bothered to look into gaming software practices, I think Microsoft would be more open to doing right by gamers demanding a refund, those who want out. The Master Chief Collection definitely is a) hard to use b) doesn’t work as it should and c) has features that, currently, don’t exist.

I’m still here because I want 343 to do the right thing and give me a refund (which, according to Microsoft support, 343 has blocked). I’m not here to mindlessly bash 343, or gamers who like TMCC or are waiting for fixes. But case law handed down today seems to support that we gamers have more rights than are being respected. I mean, that Vita case was from 2012 … Digital is still the wild west, and it’s going to be a long time before we’re able to quickly return things that are broken, but we have to at least keep trying.

There is just so much wrong in this post, I don’t even know where to start

I’d like them to make sure everyone knows that the game doesn’t work properly before Black Friday on various websites. Won’t happen though and when the flood of new players comes in during the Christmas period all we’re going to see is hell on Earth in this Forum, more people demanding refunds and a more tarnished view of the Xbox One.

> 2533274970847727;3:
> I’d like them to make sure everyone knows that the game doesn’t work properly before Black Friday on various websites. Won’t happen though and when the flood of new players comes in during the Christmas period all we’re going to see is hell on Earth in this Forum, more people demanding refunds and a more tarnished view of the Xbox One.

I’ve had a sketchy view of Microsoft at various times in the past, mostly during the Mattrick days of forced Kinect integration, and I’ve had a great view of Microsoft most times. But to see The Master Chief Collection banners on IGN, as in, “hey, buy this game,” I’m seeing Microsoft sink lower than ever. It’s not just the $60 that is taken from you, but the number of hours you spend at your console, trying to eek out some level of playability on this game that, strangely, holds so many good memories that it keeps you wasting your time trying, until you realize, nope, broke.