Releasing weapons in DLC

Hello 343… I have no idea if this is possible and im not asking for it but can weapons be released in DLC??

It’s possible,but very time-consuming as each weapon would have to be recoded and implemented into every MM map to function properly. That could take up to many weeks. I don’t see it happening.

It wouldn’t take very long to do (minus the time required to balance and play-test the new weapon) and wouldn’t be too too hard. However, it would require everybody to redownload every single map file in the game to be able to use this new weapon due to the way that Halo is coded, therefore making it very unlikely to happen. The only time you could maybe possibly see any new weapons or vehicles is in a new map, and only a new map. However, that’s not very likely to happen.

Weapons in DLC = bad idea

Weapons in newly released DLC maps would not require a redownload of every other map.

Golf Club in Sandbox, anyone?

Of course that was just a reskin of the hammer, but it can be done with complete new weapons in new maps only without much hassle other than dealing with balance.

> Weapons in newly released DLC maps would not require a redownload of every other map.
>
>
> Golf Club in Sandbox, anyone?
>
>
> Of course that was just a reskin of the hammer, but it can be done with complete new weapons in new maps only without much hassle other than dealing with balance.

i recall it being only on that one map.

hence no need to re download the others.

I think that would be great for Halo CEA maps. We could get our CE AR and the 3 shot pistol. Would be great if 343i consider this.

I’d prefer not to have to redownload all of my maps, but if it was just for specific maps in future map packs I wouldn’t mind.

Golf club is not a new weapon, its a reskined (spelling?) Gravity Hammer.

I wonder if they’ll bring back the flamethrower