Release the demo to the public

I think it would be awesome to play that little demo showed the July 23th.
Experience the gameplay by ourselves you know?
i know the most important thing for 343 with that demo was to showcase the major changes they are making to the halo franchise (art style, gameplay mechanics, etc) rather than show the full power of next gen, that’s why they show an old build of the game (and maybe avoiding some key spoiler from the story)

and the best way to judge that is to be able to play it by ourselves.

so please 343 make this happen
thank you

I think the beginning of the demo, the whole “Press Start to Start Demo” part, was intentional. They didn’t do that for Halo 4 or 5’s E3 gameplay demos and those games didn’t have playable campaign demos before launch. But then they do it this time? I guess you could say that they did it just to make the gameplay demo more immersive while watching it, like you’re watching an actual demo of the game, but I don’t think that’s the case

Also, there is a video of an interview with Microsoft’s Major Nelson and the interviewer asked him if the demo will be released to the public before launch. He said something along the lines of “we’ll just have to wait and find out” and did this little chuckle like he knows something we don’t

Guess we’ll find out eventually

> 2533274908070201;2:
> I guess you could say that they did it just to make the gameplay demo more immersive while watching it, like you’re watching an actual demo of the game, but I don’t think that’s the case

It was probably to demonstrate their target for game load times, which is a big thing Microsoft has been talking a lot about with the Xbox Series X.

> 2533274825830455;3:
> > 2533274908070201;2:
> > I guess you could say that they did it just to make the gameplay demo more immersive while watching it, like you’re watching an actual demo of the game, but I don’t think that’s the case
>
> It was probably to demonstrate their target for game load times, which is a big thing Microsoft has been talking a lot about with the Xbox Series X.

Yeah it was really fast loading all those deep, rich textures and lighting! (not a shot at you… just the graphics we saw)

> 2533274825830455;3:
> > 2533274908070201;2:
> > I guess you could say that they did it just to make the gameplay demo more immersive while watching it, like you’re watching an actual demo of the game, but I don’t think that’s the case
>
> It was probably to demonstrate their target for game load times, which is a big thing Microsoft has been talking a lot about with the Xbox Series X.

Ohhhh I didn’t consider that possibility. You could be right about that as it does show an immediate jump from the main menu to the cutscene

I’m just ready to finally play a new Halo game so I wish they would put out a demo. From the sound of things, we may not even be getting a multiplayer beta/flight pre-launch…May have to wait until release to play any part of the game

After the all of the (Inevitable) non-constructive backlash, releasing the demo could make things worse. Even then, If I was in charge, I’d release it as is, but with an unskipppable disclaimer that shows up before you can play, that tells the player the game demo is not a finished product. Doing this would take next to no effort, and the demo could then serve as a playable advertisement. More people could get their hands on the game, and they could leave more accurate feedback. Multiplayer isn’t the only thing people want to express their concerns over.

People would be data mining that demo in hours of release.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to have the public play the demo. Mostly because the reason people above me stated. I wouldn’t want more destructive, non constructive criticism.

The main problem with this is that dataminers can look into the code and essentially leak the entire game the same way they did with The Last of Us 2 (and for that they didnt even need the demo)

This is so unlikely.

What I would like instead is for some devs from 343 do a commentary walkthrough of the demo and talk about the things we see and maybe show off something the initial demo did not.

Really want a MM BETA. Even if just one map, team slayer only. Just want to ‘feel’ the game.

I liked getting my hands on H5 BETA.

I feel like they originally planned the demo to be playable, at perhaps E3. My theory is they wanted players to experience the game first hand at E3, so during january they used a build of the game to make the demo and figure out the logistics of making it playable well in advance. Then E3 was cancelled because of covid. They didn’t know if the situation would be resolved by june, if they could set up demos at select retailers or what. Being hopeful, they kept the demo as is but it didn’t happen. (The gameplay trailer is likely to of been made in April or May since it wouldn’t of needed the time to prepare as a playable demo would.)
Thats my belief at least, wether they make it playable now is up to them but unlikely, I think if they do it will be an insider flight.

> 2533274818084099;10:
> This is so unlikely.
>
> What I would like instead is for some devs from 343 do a commentary walkthrough of the demo and talk about the things we see and maybe show off something the initial demo did not.

This would be great…IF they also address every flaw that was obvious to even the untrained eye. We need some assurance from them that they understand our concerns. The fact that they showcased gameplay with blatant graphical flaws makes me think that they were OK with it.