Release pushed back

So i walked into game stop today and started talking about halo. I was talking to the manager about how there hasn’t been anything released or leaked at all. He was telling me he thought that “if there is nothing coming out or being leaked most likely its not ready or there nothing to leak”. He said something along the lines that “maybe they’ve been working on it but it wasn’t coming together the way they wanted”. Now i dont really agree i just think that 343 is try to keep it under wrap as to get the best effect they can once they actually release something. Now what do you guys think ??? any thought???

I think they’re just really good at keeping things hidden and unleaked.

People who work in gamestop probably know less then what we know(forum users). Just because they work there it doesn’t make their word any less useless then it already is.

I think they are just keeping a tight lock on things to prevent the whole Tom Morellow thing from happening again even though that recently leaked picture looks like it could be from him.

Bill Gates probably threatened to kill all 343 employees with a firing squad if anything gets leaked.

It’s safe to assume that everything’s going according to plan (judging from the OHI entries), so I’d take what your “gaming store employee” says with a grain of salt. Still expect a Fall 2012 release.

Generally speaking, I’ve noticed from personal observation that typically we know more than average gaming store clerks. Just sayin’.

I have never walked in a GameStop and found that they know what they’re talking about.

Call of Duty comes out around the same time and nothing will be released until around E3. And their will be very little about multiplayer until about a month before release. Some people just do marketing differently.

I get the feeling they must have something big planned and they don’t want to say anything until they put this “big thing” out.

Inb4 jokes about the obvious.

Halo 4 isn’t any ordinary game.

Halo is Microsoft’s biggest franchise.
Without Halo, Xbox fails.

There is no way that Halo 4 will be anything but beyond believable.

They aren’t telling anything because they are waiting for the right moment to expose their first game.

And one big reason for no leaks is probably because the employees don’t want to lose their jobs.
343i is already commissioned for 2 more Halo games after this, that is at least ~8 years of employment for developers.

I am pretty sure I know alot about halo4 4 and everything so if you have a question ask me. :stuck_out_tongue:

> I am pretty sure I THINK I know alot about halo 4 and everything so if you have a question ask me. :stuck_out_tongue:

fixed*

Unless you work for 343 or -Yoink!- I highly doubt you KNOW anymore than anyone else on here. Their really is truly nothing to know other than the fact that Frankie said we will be getting more info by the time E3 rolls around and the fact that MC and Cortana are headed towards a Forerunner Dyson Sphere. Anything else is pretty much speculation.

> Halo 4 isn’t any ordinary game.
>
> Halo is Microsoft’s biggest franchise.
> <mark>Without Halo, Xbox fa</mark>ils.
>
> <mark>There is no way that Halo 4 will be anything but beyond believable</mark>.
>
> They aren’t telling anything because they are waiting for the right moment to expose their first game.
>
> And one big reason for no leaks is probably because the employees don’t want to lose their jobs.
> 343i is already commissioned for 2 more Halo games after this, that is at least ~8 years of employment for developers.

FANBOY!

Kidding :slight_smile:

On the first point, I do disagree as Halo is not the most played game on the console at the moment, not even the top shooter so if Halo went, then they would easily survive.

Second point, I hope it will, but neither of us have seen anything to say it will be good/bad. You’re view is blind optimism, which isn’t a bad thing.

I was think that he really doesn’t know anything they cant. I have just seen thing about how game stop has told people the release date. I Know that Halo isnt an ordinary game Its The game that Defined The Xbox and im sure they have something extra special in the works and im definitely excited.

> So i walked into game stop today and started talking about halo. I was talking to the manager about how there hasn’t been anything released or leaked at all. He was telling me he thought that “if there is nothing coming out or being leaked most likely its not ready or there nothing to leak”. He said something along the lines that “maybe they’ve been working on it but it wasn’t coming together the way they wanted”. Now i dont really agree i just think that 343 is try to keep it under wrap as to get the best effect they can once they actually release something. Now what do you guys think ??? any thought???

343i has their own little schedule they’re following, and they’re sticking too it, even tho those of us in the community is ripping out our hair over nothing and demanding they release some info. (not me, I’m relaxed and fine as I can be.) As for leaks, we truly don’t know if there has been any real leaks because:
#1 one of the main people who’ve been talking about leaks and crap, does nothing but spew crap out of his mouth like a fire hose.
#2 We’re not allowed to talk about leaks on the forums because most leaks are bad for 343i and their game, because people see a leak, and think it’s true, and then on game’s release they get pissed because some theory that was made about the leak comes out to be false and the first people they get mad at is the developers.
#3 Microsoft/343i has been keeping close eye on what information is being released, and when, and I bet they keep most of their employees on a very short leash, unlike some companies like say Apple, how many times has Apple lost a prototype?
The only gaming company doing a better job at keeping things under wraps than 343i would have to be Valve.

> > Halo 4 isn’t any ordinary game.
> >
> > Halo is Microsoft’s biggest franchise.
> > <mark>Without Halo, Xbox fa</mark>ils.
> >
> > <mark>There is no way that Halo 4 will be anything but beyond believable</mark>.
> >
> > They aren’t telling anything because they are waiting for the right moment to expose their first game.
> >
> > And one big reason for no leaks is probably because the employees don’t want to lose their jobs.
> > 343i is already commissioned for 2 more Halo games after this, that is at least ~8 years of employment for developers.
>
>
>
> FANBOY!
>
> Kidding :slight_smile:
>
> On the first point, I do disagree as Halo is not the most played game on the console at the moment, not even the top shooter so if Halo went, then they would easily survive.
>
> Second point, I hope it will, but neither of us have seen anything to say it will be good/bad. You’re view is blind optimism, which isn’t a bad thing.

1. Multiplatform games are above Halo.
  2. Halo is so much more then the video games. They make so much money on books, toys, comics, etc.
    It is their single handedly most valuable IP, hands down.

It isn’t blind optimism.
They wouldn’t commit to a trilogy without confidence that their new design is going to freshen the series.

I suggest not using Gamestop managers as your source of industry news.

> > > Halo 4 isn’t any ordinary game.
> > >
> > > Halo is Microsoft’s biggest franchise.
> > > <mark>Without Halo, Xbox fa</mark>ils.
> > >
> > > <mark>There is no way that Halo 4 will be anything but beyond believable</mark>.
> > >
> > > They aren’t telling anything because they are waiting for the right moment to expose their first game.
> > >
> > > And one big reason for no leaks is probably because the employees don’t want to lose their jobs.
> > > 343i is already commissioned for 2 more Halo games after this, that is at least ~8 years of employment for developers.
> >
> >
> >
> > FANBOY!
> >
> > Kidding :slight_smile:
> >
> > On the first point, I do disagree as Halo is not the most played game on the console at the moment, not even the top shooter so if Halo went, then they would easily survive.
> >
> > Second point, I hope it will, but neither of us have seen anything to say it will be good/bad. You’re view is blind optimism, which isn’t a bad thing.
>
> 1) Multiplatform games are above Halo.
> 2) Halo is so much more then the video games. <mark>They make so much money</mark> on books, toys, comics, etc.
> It is their single handedly most valuable IP, hands down.
>
> It isn’t blind optimism.
> <mark>They wouldn’t commit to a trilogy</mark> without confidence that their new design is going to freshen the series.

Put 2 + 2 together.

Listen, I want Halo 4 as much as the next man/woman but one of the reasons MS kept it going was obviously money. I know 343 loves Halo and i respect that, I wouldn’t want anyone else taking it forward but MS is going to milk Halo for every penny its worth, why do you think they release the Halo books, toys etc… Because stick Halo on it and people are gonna pay.

> > > > Halo 4 isn’t any ordinary game.
> > > >
> > > > Halo is Microsoft’s biggest franchise.
> > > > <mark>Without Halo, Xbox fa</mark>ils.
> > > >
> > > > <mark>There is no way that Halo 4 will be anything but beyond believable</mark>.
> > > >
> > > > They aren’t telling anything because they are waiting for the right moment to expose their first game.
> > > >
> > > > And one big reason for no leaks is probably because the employees don’t want to lose their jobs.
> > > > 343i is already commissioned for 2 more Halo games after this, that is at least ~8 years of employment for developers.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > FANBOY!
> > >
> > > Kidding :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > On the first point, I do disagree as Halo is not the most played game on the console at the moment, not even the top shooter so if Halo went, then they would easily survive.
> > >
> > > Second point, I hope it will, but neither of us have seen anything to say it will be good/bad. You’re view is blind optimism, which isn’t a bad thing.
> >
> > 1) Multiplatform games are above Halo.
> > 2) Halo is so much more then the video games. <mark>They make so much money</mark> on books, toys, comics, etc.
> > It is their single handedly most valuable IP, hands down.
> >
> > It isn’t blind optimism.
> > <mark>They wouldn’t commit to a trilogy</mark> without confidence that their new design is going to freshen the series.
>
> Put 2 + 2 together.
>
> Listen, I want Halo 4 as much as the next man/woman but one of the reasons MS kept it going was obviously money. I know 343 loves Halo and i respect that, I wouldn’t want anyone else taking it forward but MS is going to milk Halo for every penny its worth, why do you think they release the Halo books, toys etc… Because stick Halo on it and people are gonna pay.

i agree with you, however, the books didn’t simply have halo stuck on them. they are very good books and they establish new territory to the halo universe

> So i walked into game stop

There’s your problem.