Release maps: 13+?

10 standard, completely independent maps.
3 forge environments.

Do you think that they will also have numerous premade forge maps?
Similar to things like asylum, pinnacle, the cage, etc.
If anyone knows of any confirmations of premade forge maps being in the game/matchmaking please post here.

I would be very excited for this to be honest. The main reason I would be excited about this is, because I have been one of the people hoping for more “small” maps. if this is a possible detail that they have not revealed, there is still a chance for more small scale maps.(don’t get me wrong, solace, haven, and abandon look awesome, and adrift is decent lookin.) I think it would allow them to give us more “small” maps at launch without having to devote the massive production time of making an independent map.

We’ve been promised 10 maps + 3 forge… but could there be more than 13 at launch?

How do yall feel about this?

I’m pretty sure there will be no forge maps in matchmaking at release. This may change in the future.

You’ll probably get a couple of forge maps in the 1st day servers (maybe just plain forgish like Hemorrhage), then they might do contests like Bungie used to to get community made maps into the playlists so it’s not just one guy in a room making maps.

I believe they said that forge multiplayer maps would not be released at launch, but may be included later down the road.

I really hated the reach forge MP maps.

Because they all look the same, Only some are small and some are big.

If halo 4 has forge object with different colors, I would love to see some forge maps.

I hope you can also use Rock and tree’s and water and more nature elements!

Each forge environment will have at least one map I would imagine

I hope there are a couple of pre-made maps like there were in Reach. We have 10 multiplayer maps which is a decent number but if they added 3-4 good forge variants in the different environments I’d be pretty happy.

i definitely remember them saying at launch there will be no forge maps because they wanted everybody to enjoy/get acquainted with the regular maps first. but i am pretty sure they’ll add forge maps later, he sort of implied that anyway.

Unfortunately I do not have a source, but I do remember them saying something about approaching the community’s best cartographers to create some high quality maps for Halo 4 before release a while ago. Did anyone else get that bit, or is it just my brain playing tricks on me?

> Each forge environment will have at least one map I would imagine

That would be nice , just to get a taste of the three Forge Environments.

> > Each forge environment will have at least one map I would imagine
>
> That would be nice , just to get a taste of the three Forge Environments.

I would hope for 3 variants of each Forge environment, but that’s me.