Release Date - won't clash with Forza Horizon 5?

We obviously haven’t heard anything yet, but in case anybody missed it the release date for Forza Horizon 5 is Tuesday the 9th of November (with early access for Ultimate members on 5th November).

This is interesting for Halo as I very much doubt -Yoink!- would release two of their biggest IPs within the same week. This would only damage the opening weeks of both games. We’ve seen it happen before, where great games (Titanfall 2) are blindsided by other releases and the playerbase never really gets established.

This says to me that Halo is likely coming mid October or end of November (potentially even December?), missing the 2 or 3 weeks over the Horizon launch.

Your Titanfall 2 comparison doesn’t really work here as it released between two of the largest competitions shooters at the time (CoD and Battlefield).

Infinite meanwhile may be releasing not long after and racing game of a completely different genre. I think you’re worried over nothing, they know what they’re doing.

> 2533274882881665;2:
> Your Titanfall 2 comparison doesn’t really work here as it released between two of the largest competitions shooters at the time (CoD and Battlefield).
>
> Infinite meanwhile may be releasing not long after and racing game of a completely different genre. I think you’re worried over nothing, they know what they’re doing.

Don’t get me wrong I am by no means worried, I will be playing both regardless. Just hypothesising on the dates for Halo. Despite being different genres they are both casual AAA big hitters, so there will be a huge amount of audience crossover.

What I meant by the Titanfall comparison is that one game was damaged by the other (regardless of publisher), which could happen here again and would only damage Microsoft.

> 2607664605677189;3:
> > 2533274882881665;2:
> > Your Titanfall 2 comparison doesn’t really work here as it released between two of the largest competitions shooters at the time (CoD and Battlefield).
> >
> > Infinite meanwhile may be releasing not long after and racing game of a completely different genre. I think you’re worried over nothing, they know what they’re doing.
>
> Don’t get me wrong I am by no means worried, I will be playing both regardless. Just hypothesising on the dates for Halo. Despite being different genres they are both casual AAA big hitters, so there will be a huge amount of audience crossover.
>
> What I meant by the Titanfall comparison is that one game was damaged by the other (regardless of publisher), which could happen here again and would only damage Microsoft.

It’s a Good point to raise tbh, and let’s be honest people do play more than one game regardless of genre. Do I buy forza or do I buy halo? because some people do have to budget and when games release so close to each other you have to pick one over the other.

Well hopefully not, if I recall they estimated Fall 2021, “Holiday 2021” generally points towards the end of the year months but Fall extends to November so honestly September-November would be the most likely time period