Release date and x1

Anyone else bummed that H5 wont be on x1 day one of release? I have x1 on pre order and am thinking of canceling because halo is the game I play 90% of the time. Its almost not worth it for me to get x1 until halo comes out. I have a feeling H5 wont come out until Nov 2014. I am going to get titanfall/destiny so that might push me to get the system earlier so im thinking next spring at the earliest. Just not sure its worth getting the day 1 console. any thoughts?

erm a little bummed but id rather them take there time and make it amazing then rush it out for the release of the xbox one :stuck_out_tongue:

Plenty of other developers clambering to get their games as a release title. I mainly play Halo but I am getting a day one console regardless. I think the games that come out later when Microsoft have more of the details ironed out will be better off anyway.

> Anyone else bummed that H5 wont be on x1 day one of release? I have x1 on pre order and am thinking of canceling because halo is the game I play 90% of the time. Its almost not worth it for me to get x1 until halo comes out. I have a feeling H5 wont come out until Nov 2014. I am going to get titanfall/destiny so that might push me to get the system earlier so im thinking next spring at the earliest. Just not sure its worth getting the day 1 console. any thoughts?

Halo 3 didn’t release until 2 years after the Xbox 360 launched. In the interim, we had a ton of exciting games such as Gears of War, Saints Row, Dead Rising, Oblivion, Bioshock, and more. Give some other games a chance. We got Destiny, Watchdogs, Ryse, and so many more to come (I know some of these also have XB360 versions, but the XB1 versions are supposed to be better). If not, then yeah, go ahead and cancel your pre-order and wait.

Though keep in mind, if you get the Xbox One now, you don’t have to worry about getting one later to play Halo Xbox One. On the other hand, the Xbox One will likely see a price drop sometime next year, and you might get it cheaper.

I’m not and here’s why.

#1 I don’t have the money to spend on a Xbox One.
#2 I don’t want to buy an Xbox One until I feel that it’s been out long enough for all of the bugs to be pointed out, and a good amount of my friends have picked up one, and voiced their likes and dislikes for it.
#3 Halo 4 has only been out for about a year, it’d be a really stupid move for 343i/Microsoft to release a Main Halo title one year after the last. They’re stepping on thin ice releasing one two years after main title release.

> Halo 3 didn’t release until a year after the Xbox 360 launched. In the

It was actually released two years after the Xbox 360, which came out in 2005. Halo 3 was released in 2007.

Nonetheless, there are plenty of good games coming out for the Xbox One that make it worth getting at this point. Watch Dogs, Destiny and Titanfall are just three examples of games that look great! I actually wish Halo 5 would be releasing in 2015 rather than 2014, to give it more time to be polished and finished. Releasing this fall would be way too early.

I’m still not sure.

The Xbox One will likely have a few bugs, which should be worked out by Halo 5’s release.
And the Xbox One exclusives I actually want to play won’t be out for a while.
The only next-gen exclusives that interest me are Halo 5, Destiny, and SWBF3.
And the only other game I’m looking forward to is CoD Ghosts.
Which is available on Xbox 360.

But I would like to have the Day One Edition.
But then the only game I’ll be able to play is Ghosts.
And I plan on occasionally playing Halo 4 even after Ghosts’ release.

So I’m not certain, but I don’t think I’ll be buying the Day One Edition.

> > Halo 3 didn’t release until a year after the Xbox 360 launched. In the
>
> <mark>It was actually released two years after the Xbox 360, which came out in 2005. Halo 3 was released in 2007.</mark>
>
> Nonetheless, there are plenty of good games coming out for the Xbox One that make it worth getting at this point. Watch Dogs, Destiny and Titanfall are just three examples of games that look great! I actually wish Halo 5 would be releasing in 2015 rather than 2014, to give it more time to be polished and finished. Releasing this fall would be way too early.

Oops! Thanks for pointing that out. I don’t know why I put “a year”.

> > > Halo 3 didn’t release until a year after the Xbox 360 launched. In the
> >
> > <mark>It was actually released two years after the Xbox 360, which came out in 2005. Halo 3 was released in 2007.</mark>
> >
> > Nonetheless, there are plenty of good games coming out for the Xbox One that make it worth getting at this point. Watch Dogs, Destiny and Titanfall are just three examples of games that look great! I actually wish Halo 5 would be releasing in 2015 rather than 2014, to give it more time to be polished and finished. Releasing this fall would be way too early.
>
> Oops! Thanks for pointing that out. I don’t know why I put “a year”.

Haha, no worries! It was probably just a little typo, it happens to everybody. You still made a good point either way though.

No way! I’m already worried about the 2 year development time. Having it come out on day 1 would give me sleepless nights.

> > Anyone else bummed that H5 wont be on x1 day one of release? I have x1 on pre order and am thinking of canceling because halo is the game I play 90% of the time. Its almost not worth it for me to get x1 until halo comes out. I have a feeling H5 wont come out until Nov 2014. I am going to get titanfall/destiny so that might push me to get the system earlier so im thinking next spring at the earliest. Just not sure its worth getting the day 1 console. any thoughts?
>
> Halo 3 didn’t release until 2 years after the Xbox 360 launched. In the interim, we had a ton of exciting games such as Gears of War, Saints Row, Dead Rising, Oblivion, Bioshock, and more. Give some other games a chance. We got Destiny, Watchdogs, Ryse, and so many more to come (I know some of these also have XB360 versions, but the XB1 versions are supposed to be better). If not, then yeah, go ahead and cancel your pre-order and wait.
>
> Though keep in mind, if you get the Xbox One now, you don’t have to worry about getting one later to play Halo Xbox One. On the other hand, the Xbox One will likely see a price drop sometime next year, and you might get it cheaper.

Titanfall looks fantastic as well.

> > Anyone else bummed that H5 wont be on x1 day one of release? I have x1 on pre order and am thinking of canceling because halo is the game I play 90% of the time. Its almost not worth it for me to get x1 until halo comes out. I have a feeling H5 wont come out until Nov 2014. I am going to get titanfall/destiny so that might push me to get the system earlier so im thinking next spring at the earliest. Just not sure its worth getting the day 1 console. any thoughts?
>
> Halo 3 didn’t release until 2 years after the Xbox 360 launched. In the interim, we had a ton of exciting games such as Gears of War, Saints Row, Dead Rising, Oblivion, Bioshock, and more. Give some other games a chance. We got Destiny, Watchdogs, Ryse, and so many more to come (I know some of these also have XB360 versions, but the XB1 versions are supposed to be better). If not, then yeah, go ahead and cancel your pre-order and wait.
>
> Though keep in mind, if you get the Xbox One now, you don’t have to worry about getting one later to play Halo Xbox One. On the other hand, the Xbox One will likely see a price drop sometime next year, and you might get it cheaper.

Or get the xbox one halo 5 variant with the game, controller console etc. pre-order that whole bundle.

> I’m not and here’s why.
>
> #1 I don’t have the money to spend on a Xbox One.
> #2 I don’t want to buy an Xbox One until I feel that it’s been out long enough for all of the bugs to be pointed out, and a good amount of my friends have picked up one, and voiced their likes and dislikes for it.
> #3 Halo 4 has only been out for about a year, it’d be a really stupid move for 343i/Microsoft to release a Main Halo title one year after the last. They’re stepping on thin ice releasing one two years after main title release.

That’s quite funny actually 343 Industries have been working on the Halo Reclaimer Trilogy (I know it is a saga now but back then it was a trilogy) since Halo 3 was released. Unlike Bungie who made Halo with no plans or little plans for the future of the franchise 343 Industries basically sat down and said:

• (Starting point) What has Bungie Left us with? Where is the Master Chief and where is he heading?
  • (Middle/Story Arc) Okay so know we got an idea of what or where Master Chief is going, what will he do and what will happen?
  • (Middle/ Story Arc) Various scenarios about what Master Chief overcomes, and what enemies or new foes he faces.
  • (Ending point) generally would be open or undecided with little ideas or things that may happen.
    And so the story of Halo Reclaimer Trilogy was made and now deciding how to expand on the ideas and decide what goes into which game. Thus completing Halo 4 story, Halo 5 story with a few tweaks or variations and Halo 6 for design work would need to be made. But now that 343 Industries has made the Reclaimer Trilogy a Saga (A long story of heroic achievement) it has room to grow with the base ideas, of the story, staying and being altered to pave a way for a longer more for-fulling Master Chief journey.

it will come out n novemeber so it will give them enough time to work on the game

I’m waiting on a HALO version.

> > I’m not and here’s why.
> >
> > #1 I don’t have the money to spend on a Xbox One.
> > #2 I don’t want to buy an Xbox One until I feel that it’s been out long enough for all of the bugs to be pointed out, and a good amount of my friends have picked up one, and voiced their likes and dislikes for it.
> > #3 Halo 4 has only been out for about a year, it’d be a really stupid move for 343i/Microsoft to release a Main Halo title one year after the last. They’re stepping on thin ice releasing one two years after main title release.
>
> That’s quite funny actually 343 Industries have been working on the Halo Reclaimer Trilogy (I know it is a saga now but back then it was a trilogy) since Halo 3 was released. Unlike Bungie who made Halo with no plans or little plans for the future of the franchise 343 Industries basically sat down and said:
> - (Starting point) What has Bungie Left us with? Where is the Master Chief and where is he heading?
> - (Middle/Story Arc) Okay so know we got an idea of what or where Master Chief is going, what will he do and what will happen?
> - (Middle/ Story Arc) Various scenarios about what Master Chief overcomes, and what enemies or new foes he faces.
> - (Ending point) generally would be open or undecided with little ideas or things that may happen.
> And so the story of Halo Reclaimer Trilogy was made and now deciding how to expand on the ideas and decide what goes into which game. Thus completing Halo 4 story, Halo 5 story with a few tweaks or variations and Halo 6 for design work would need to be made. But now that 343 Industries has made the Reclaimer Trilogy a Saga (A long story of heroic achievement) it has room to grow with the base ideas, of the story, staying and being altered to pave a way for a longer more for-fulling Master Chief journey.

Doesn’t matter when they started working on the game(s), trilogy, saga, or other wise, all that matters is the space between the main titles, look at the release dates for Halo CE-3.

Halo CE 2001
Halo 2 2004
Halo 3 2007

A three year space between each game. I don’t want the main story arc to be finished in 3 or 6 years, I want it to stretch it over 9 to 10 years, it makes the game more enjoyable, MP worth the money paid. Now spin off games like Halo Wars, small games like Halo 3: ODST & Halo Spartan Assault, and PC ports like Halo PC/CE, and Halo 2 Vista, I don’t care if they come out every year, a year or two after the main titles, or every few months, as long as the main titles IE CE, 2, 3, Reach, 4, 5, and 6, are spaced out with two or three years between release.

I have decided to wait until the new Halo comes out to buy an Xbox one. Because more than likely they will make a Halo edition Xbox one console (Hopefully) like they have with every major Halo game.

> I have decided to wait until the new Halo comes out to buy an Xbox one. Because more than likely they will make a Halo edition Xbox one console (Hopefully) like they have with every major Halo game.

Like they have with every single Halo game since, and on top of that, hopefully have any bugs worked out by then.

> I’m not and here’s why.
>
> #1 I don’t have the money to spend on a Xbox One.
> #2 I don’t want to buy an Xbox One until I feel that it’s been out long enough for all of the bugs to be pointed out, and a good amount of my friends have picked up one, and voiced their likes and dislikes for it.
> #3 Halo 4 has only been out for about a year, it’d be a really stupid move for 343i/Microsoft to release a Main Halo title one year after the last. They’re stepping on thin ice releasing one two years after main title release.

Well the reason for such a quick jump on a new halo is probably because halo 4 Is losing players fast.
I’m sorry but 20 thousand or 30 Thousand or whatever the population is right now is way to low.
I think 343i has noticed more then people think.
Like it or not halo 4 isn’t a good halo game.
And whether or not you think population matters,
It does because 343i is a business.
And they need people to play there game to make money. Like or hate classic halo or not,
The classic population was way bigger,
And that means more money for 343i.
Idk if that’s the way there going,
But they must have noticed the halo 4 sucks.
It had the fastest population drop in halo history,
And has the lowest population for a new halo game.

Oh and about the release I’m almost positive at e3 they said within the first 6 months of 2014.
Go to YouTube if you don’t believe me.