Release all DLC for free!

It’s about time anyhow. On November 15th, after the release of CEA, the Noble and Defiant map packs should be released for free on the marketplace.

I’ve already bought them, personally, but I never get to play them in matchmaking. They need to be worked into the existing playlists, required to be downloaded, and made available for free.

No, I don’t know if Noble is already free or not. I do know that I haven’t gotten to play many games on Noble maps and next to zero on Defiant ones, so I’d really like to get my money’s worth here.

I payed for the maps too and i play on the DLC maps from time to time, usually in the DLC playlist (Premium Battle). You avoid that playlist like the plague or what?

-Yoink!- would never allow it

> I payed for the maps too and i play on the DLC maps from time to time, usually in the DLC playlist (Premium Battle). You avoid that playlist like the plague or what?

I shouldn’t have to limit myself to a single playlist in order to play content that I paid for. May as well make it free so other people will actually get it and let me play it more playlists.

> -Yoink!- would never allow it

true, I dont like the idea of paying for dlc but I paid for it and it would kinda piss me off if I paid 20$ just to have the dlc “early”

> > I payed for the maps too and i play on the DLC maps from time to time, usually in the DLC playlist (Premium Battle). You avoid that playlist like the plague or what?
>
> I shouldn’t have to limit myself to a single playlist in order to play content that I paid for. May as well make it free so other people will actually get it and let me play it more playlists.

True that and i wasn’t attacking you by the way. I wouldn’t mind it being required after a time when everyone should have it and if you don’t, you limit the playlists you can play in. I am getting really sick of Countdown to be honest with you.

However, i wouldn’t make the DLC free. It’s not going to happen anyways unless they become real unpopular like the Heroic Map Pack did back in Halo 3. Even then, Certain Affinity needs to get money somehow and making Defiant free wouldn’t be viable.

We need moar Highlands and Condemned. Not enough Tempest either :confused:

You kids and wanting something for nothing.

at least there is going to be halo cea maps

> You kids and wanting something for nothing.

exaclty, the guys at certain affinity need to get paid.

I just wish 343 would force more people to get the dlc by making playlists like btb and slayer require it.

Or just have it released only on nov. 15 for a certain time limit (like from 7:00 am to 3:43 pm) for free.

> > You kids and wanting something for nothing.
>
> exaclty, the guys at certain affinity need to get paid.
>
> I just wish 343 would force more people to get the dlc by making playlists like btb and slayer require it.

yes i agree. like in halo 3 you had to have the maps to play certain playlists. i paid for the maps, but the only time i get them is when i play premium.

They shouldn’t ever be free they should only go on sale tops, I paid 20 buck and would feel like I got shafted if they handed it out like Halloween candy…

Also all playlist should require dlc except action sack, and social slayer(squads). I don’t know why this wasn’t done from the start.

This has very little chance of happening. I am glad however they are adjusting the weighting’s for DLC in the next playlist update. I hope we see a difference…especially in BTB. I want to see Breakpoint and Highlands show up a lot more.

I’ve actually played on Tempest in the TU playlist…only once

They should release chill out for free in H3… wait a minute…

> -Yoink!- would never allow it

^This^

Microsoft stated a while back that they don’t want DLC with related achievements to become free, thus having “free gamerscore.” As far as I know, this hasn’t changed.

People don’t work for free. Bungie/343i have bills that need to be paid. That’s like your boss asking you to come in and work for free for a month.