Release a Halo or Halo 4 on PC

Why do Halos miss a PC release a modded halo game could be popular

Because it’s an xbox exclusive, and has been for years.

/thread

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Would be a good idea if PC gamers weren’t jerks.

> Because it’s an xbox exclusive, and has been for years.
>
> /thread

__*__It’s a Microsoft exclusive and has been for years.

/thread.

> Would be a good idea if PC gamers weren’t jerks.

Thanks for the unaggravated insult.
Console gamers can be as bad as PC gamers, and you have just labelled yourself as one of the bad ones.

On topic, because it’s Xbox exclusive. We have Halo 2 and Halo CE, but I would like to play a Halo 3 or Reach with mod support, texture-packs and all the other benefits. Maybe in time they’ll release it.

Modded Halo games are fun. What, just cause its on the Xbox it can’t be modded?

> > Because it’s an xbox exclusive, and has been for years.
> >
> > /thread
>
> __*__It’s a Microsoft exclusive and has been for years.
>
> /thread.

No -Yoink-, but MS wants to keep it xbox exclusive, like they have been since Halo 3 to give people an incentive to buy a 360. Bringing them more money.

Maybe because 80% of PC gamers STOLE Videogames?

PC gaming is slowly going to die for that…

> Maybe because 80% of PC gamers STOLE Videogames?
>
> PC gaming is slowly going to die for that…

Not to mention how would it be set up? Games for Windows? The population is too small for MS to support it.

> > Would be a good idea if PC gamers weren’t jerks.
>
> Thanks for the unaggravated insult.
> Console gamers can be as bad as PC gamers, and you have just labelled yourself as one of the bad ones.
>
> On topic, because it’s Xbox exclusive. We have Halo 2 and Halo CE, but I would like to play a Halo 3 or Reach with mod support, texture-packs and all the other benefits. Maybe in time they’ll release it.

Sorry for being labelled “An inferior race” at least one thousand times on the internet over the course of the past few years, I can’t help thinking someone needs to just to tell you guys off. You are not a superior race, this isn’t WW2, stop trying to push this overrated thing called PC gaming in our faces.

Also you’re an XBOX site on an XBOX franchise forums, you’re seriously saying this here?
And you’re seriously that much a fan of Halo?

> > > Because it’s an xbox exclusive, and has been for years.
> > >
> > > /thread
> >
> > __*__It’s a Microsoft exclusive and has been for years.
> >
> > /thread.
>
> No Yoink!, but MS wants to keep it xbox exclusive, like they have been since Halo 3 to give people an incentive to buy a 360. Bringing them more money.

Next year the 720 will probably come out, there’s no point not putting it on PC.

[deleted]

> > > Would be a good idea if PC gamers weren’t jerks.
> >
> > Thanks for the unaggravated insult.
> > Console gamers can be as bad as PC gamers, and you have just labelled yourself as one of the bad ones.
> >
> > On topic, because it’s Xbox exclusive. We have Halo 2 and Halo CE, but I would like to play a Halo 3 or Reach with mod support, texture-packs and all the other benefits. Maybe in time they’ll release it.
>
> Sorry for not being labelled “An inferior race” at least one thousand times on the internet over the course of the past few years, I can’t help thinking someone needs to just to tell you guys off. You are not a superior race, this isn’t WW2, stop trying to push this overrated thing called PC gaming in our faces.
>
> Also you’re an XBOX site on an XBOX franchise forums, you’re seriously saying this here?
> And you’re seriously that much a fan of Halo?

So I have a Gaming PC. That makes me assume I’m better? That makes me responsible for others calling you inferior? That makes me less of a Halo fan?

Why don’t you people see that instead of saying ‘OMG those [insert different group] are bad and mean and call us names! Let’s do the same to them!’ doesn’t work. All you’re doing is alienating the non-argumental people in that group.

I, for one, do not believe that any form of gaming is better. PC, Xbox, PS3, CoD, Halo, Battlefield etc etc. It’s a matter of opinion which one you prefer, and even though there will always be members of the opposite group that talk down to you, you become every bit as bad as them when you start doing the same thing.

You colour my opinion on you based on what you have said, and now you are a little less respectable in my eyes. Not because you’re a console gamer, but because you attacked an entire group (Including myself) based on the actions of the few that are loud and obnoxious enough to want to cause trouble.
Instead of assuming that everybody in that group is a jerk, why not assume that everyone is an individual, be it sexuality, race or favourate platform/game.

The moment you justify needless attacks, no matter how small, on an entire group because of personal experiences, you make your group look just as immature, and lose the credibility to defend youself when someone asks why you did it.
‘Because they do it, too!’ is not a viable excuse, and you sir, have stooped to the level of those ‘PC gamers’ (Who are also just individuals) that you hate so much.

> > > > Would be a good idea if PC gamers weren’t jerks.
> > >
> > > Thanks for the unaggravated insult.
> > > Console gamers can be as bad as PC gamers, and you have just labelled yourself as one of the bad ones.
> > >
> > > On topic, because it’s Xbox exclusive. We have Halo 2 and Halo CE, but I would like to play a Halo 3 or Reach with mod support, texture-packs and all the other benefits. Maybe in time they’ll release it.
> >
> > Sorry for not being labelled “An inferior race” at least one thousand times on the internet over the course of the past few years, I can’t help thinking someone needs to just to tell you guys off. You are not a superior race, this isn’t WW2, stop trying to push this overrated thing called PC gaming in our faces.
> >
> > Also you’re an XBOX site on an XBOX franchise forums, you’re seriously saying this here?
> > And you’re seriously that much a fan of Halo?
>
> So I have a Gaming PC. That makes me assume I’m better? That makes me responsible for others calling you inferior? That makes me less of a Halo fan?
>
> Why don’t you people see that instead of saying ‘OMG those [insert different group] are bad and mean and call us names! Let’s do the same to them!’ doesn’t work. All you’re doing is alienating the non-argumental people in that group.
> I for one do not believe that any form of gaming is better. PC, Xbox, PS3, CoD, Halo, Battlefield etc etc. It’s a matter of opinion which one you prefer, and even though there will always be members of the opposite group that talk down to you, you become every bit as bad as them when you start doing the same thing.
>
> You colour my opinion on you based on what you have said, and now you are a little less respectable in my eyes. Not because you’re a console gamer, but because you attacked an entire group based on the actions of the few that are loud and obnoxious enough to want to cause trouble.
> Instead of assuming that everybody in that group is a jerk, why not assume that everyone is an individual, be it sexuality, race or favourate platform/game.
>
> The moment you justify needless attacks, no matter how small, on an entire group because of personal experiences, you make your group look just as immature, and lose the credibility to defend youself when someone asks why you did it.
> ‘Because they do it, too!’ is not a viable excuse, and you sir, have stooped to the level of those ‘PC gamers’ (Who are also just individuals) you hate so much.

No I speak generally for every PC gamer. I have been on hundreds of sites, Youtube, loads of forums and just everywhere. I know how atrocious the PC gaming community attitude is, trust me.
I’m a PC gamer myself, in fact I only play Halo, AC and ME on XBOX, that’s it. Everything else on PC. I just hate how PC gamers are, granted that doesn’t mean you’re like that but plenty are.
Loads of PC gamers cry for Halo, well why don’t you show a little appreciation and generosity NOW so 343 can see you deserve it?

It makes sense that it is a xbox exclusive but I can see Halo 4 coming to the PC once the new Xbox is released next year.

> No I speak generally for every PC gamer. I have been on hundreds of sites, Youtube, loads of forums and just everywhere. I know how atrocious the PC gaming community attitude is, trust me.
> I’m a PC gamer myself, in fact I only play Halo, AC and ME on XBOX, that’s it. Everything else on PC. I just hate how PC gamers are, granted that doesn’t mean you’re like that but plenty are.
> Loads of PC gamers cry for Halo, well why don’t you show a little appreciation and generosity NOW so 343 can see you deserve it?

The PC gaming community is attrocious because there are so many people who use PC’s to game. Every community has a portion of contributers that the community as a whole would rather not have. The complainers on these forums who cry about every little thing 343 do to change the game, for example.

The problem with that is that because PC gaming is so huge, it has, by comparison, a lot more of the bad portion than most other communities. Humans have a way of remembering the negative, not the positive, so those small portions become the branded stereotype of that community, even though in reality it only represents a small portion of the group.

The automatic assumption that every PC gamer is a jerk is a stereotype that needs to be shaken off, because it just isn’t true.
People are jerks, on their own, and they tend to use what they do or how they live to channel that jerk-iness. All Xbox players are foul-mouthed children in the eyes of the narrow-minded in the same way all PC gamers are jerks.

Every community has it’s small portion of detestable individuals, but people assuming that stereotype is true is what makes a stereotype last, so it’s my job, and yours if you are a pc gamer, to try to remind people that the moment you buy a gaming pc, you don’t just transform into a jerk. Otherwise these stereotypes will tear the communities apart even further, and create even less chance of things like Halo on the PC.

I predict that console gamers (I am one of them of course, but I would love to play Halo 4 on PC) will come out with the same “But PC gamers will only pirate the game and it won’t be profitable to do a port”.

Activision, EA, THQ, SEGA - heck, even Ubisoft, possibly the biggest critic of PC gaming that I’m aware of (in terms of publishers) frequently release PC versions of their games. Some companies (EA, and now even Ubisoft) are actually making a push in to the digital download market for PC games.

If PC gamers were all such awful, thieving scumbags, why would all of these big companies (say what you will about them, but EA and Activision in particular KNOW how to make money, if nothing else) be making such a push for the platform? There’s obviously money to be made or else they all wouldn’t bother.

Give it a few years and you’ll probably be able to emulate it. You can already emulate PS3 games, right?

Anyways, I was bummed out when Halo 3 wasn’t released for PC, but whatever. Just get a JTAG and mod it on your own time.

> Maybe because 80% of PC gamers STOLE Videogames?
>
> PC gaming is slowly going to die for that…

Which is exactly why Alan Wake for the PC out sold the 360 version in HOURS of release?..you know nothing of PC gaming.

inb4lockcuzofconsolewar