Relax, Watch Some Arena Gameplay

Recently a lot of people have been complaining about how Halo 5 seems like it’s turning into Call of Duty or Titanfall or blah blah some other popular FPS. Hell, even I found myself feeling upset because I thought Halo 5 wasn’t Halo anymore. I think the reason most people feel this way, and I’m not saying that if you think Halo 5 isn’t Halo that you’re wrong, is because we just haven’t seen Halo 5 gameplay in a while aside from Warzone.

And Warzone is so far from the balanced, arena style gameplay from the beta that we’ve forgotten the core of Halo 5’s multiplayer. I want to remind everyone to watch some of the beta footage or even Conan’s Halo 5 gameplay if you want to see a new map and remember that this game is still very much Halo. After watching some Halo 5 beta matches I remembered just how “Halo” the game felt to me and it eased a lot of the apprehension I had towards it.

Now, this isn’t a call out to people who don’t like Halo 5 or genuinely feel that it isn’t Halo anymore. I’m not saying you’re wrong or anything like that. I’m just encouraging you all to rewatch some Halo 5 and remember what the multiplayer really is.

From the few clips I’ve seen of post beta arena footage, it looks like the auto weapons may be a bit more balanced. Zoom no longer makes them have zero recoil. Which was my number one problem.

> 2533274813499353;2:
> From the few clips I’ve seen of post beta arena footage, it looks like the auto weapons may be a bit more balanced. Zoom no longer makes them have zero recoil. Which was my number one problem.

Well just to play devil’s advocate, my number one problem was how underpowered the AR was in general. BR is the be all end all of Halo games. Even in mid-close(ish) range. Its ridiculous to the point that the AR simply became a joke

lol

> 2533274848599184;3:
> > 2533274813499353;2:
> > From the few clips I’ve seen of post beta arena footage, it looks like the auto weapons may be a bit more balanced. Zoom no longer makes them have zero recoil. Which was my number one problem.
>
>
> Well just to play devil’s advocate, my number one problem was how underpowered the AR was in general. BR is the be all end all of Halo games. Even in mid-close(ish) range. Its ridiculous to the point that the AR simply became a joke

yeah…

> 2533274848599184;3:
> > 2533274813499353;2:
> > From the few clips I’ve seen of post beta arena footage, it looks like the auto weapons may be a bit more balanced. Zoom no longer makes them have zero recoil. Which was my number one problem.
>
>
> Well just to play devil’s advocate, my number one problem was how underpowered the AR was in general. BR is the be all end all of Halo games. Even in mid-close(ish) range. Its ridiculous to the point that the AR simply became a joke

Interesting because I thought the AR in the beta was pretty good, although I felt it’s range was a little much.

> 2533274964465607;6:
> > 2533274848599184;3:
> > > 2533274813499353;2:
> > > From the few clips I’ve seen of post beta arena footage, it looks like the auto weapons may be a bit more balanced. Zoom no longer makes them have zero recoil. Which was my number one problem.
> >
> >
> > Well just to play devil’s advocate, my number one problem was how underpowered the AR was in general. BR is the be all end all of Halo games. Even in mid-close(ish) range. Its ridiculous to the point that the AR simply became a joke
>
>
> Interesting because I thought the AR in the beta was pretty good, although I felt it’s range was a little much.

I think he means outside of Halo 5?? I thought the Assault Rifle was pretty strong in the Beta and it didn’t get nerfed all that much after the Beta. It’s going to be a good contender for close to mid range battles.

> 2533274795233660;7:
> > 2533274964465607;6:
> > > 2533274848599184;3:
> > > > 2533274813499353;2:
> > > > From the few clips I’ve seen of post beta arena footage, it looks like the auto weapons may be a bit more balanced. Zoom no longer makes them have zero recoil. Which was my number one problem.
> > >
> > >
> > > Well just to play devil’s advocate, my number one problem was how underpowered the AR was in general. BR is the be all end all of Halo games. Even in mid-close(ish) range. Its ridiculous to the point that the AR simply became a joke
> >
> >
> > Interesting because I thought the AR in the beta was pretty good, although I felt it’s range was a little much.
>
>
> I think he means outside of Halo 5?? I thought the Assault Rifle was pretty strong in the Beta and it didn’t get nerfed all that much after the Beta. It’s going to be a good contender for close to mid range battles.

Ah I get it. Yeah I’m glad the AR isn’t an underpowered turd anymore. It was almost good in Halo 4 but I thought it was great in the beta.

> 2533274964465607;6:
> > 2533274848599184;3:
> > > 2533274813499353;2:
> > > From the few clips I’ve seen of post beta arena footage, it looks like the auto weapons may be a bit more balanced. Zoom no longer makes them have zero recoil. Which was my number one problem.
> >
> >
> > Well just to play devil’s advocate, my number one problem was how underpowered the AR was in general. BR is the be all end all of Halo games. Even in mid-close(ish) range. Its ridiculous to the point that the AR simply became a joke
>
>
> Interesting because I thought the AR in the beta was pretty good, although I felt it’s range was a little much.

I was speaking in terms of earlier games. I am glad the AR got smartscope to kind of pad its stats a bit

I still love that Conan got Quinn to play for him. Quinn plays dirty.

> 2533274889350043;10:
> I still love that Conan got Quinn to play for him. Quinn plays dirty.

Loved everyone’s reaction to the assassination

> 2533274964465607;8:
> > 2533274795233660;7:
> > > 2533274964465607;6:
> > > > 2533274848599184;3:
> > > > > 2533274813499353;2:
> > > > > From the few clips I’ve seen of post beta arena footage, it looks like the auto weapons may be a bit more balanced. Zoom no longer makes them have zero recoil. Which was my number one problem.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Well just to play devil’s advocate, my number one problem was how underpowered the AR was in general. BR is the be all end all of Halo games. Even in mid-close(ish) range. Its ridiculous to the point that the AR simply became a joke
> > >
> > >
> > > Interesting because I thought the AR in the beta was pretty good, although I felt it’s range was a little much.
> >
> >
> > I think he means outside of Halo 5?? I thought the Assault Rifle was pretty strong in the Beta and it didn’t get nerfed all that much after the Beta. It’s going to be a good contender for close to mid range battles.
>
>
> Ah I get it. Yeah I’m glad the AR isn’t an underpowered turd anymore. It was almost good in Halo 4 but I thought it was great in the beta.

I don’t mind the AR that much, I thought the power was to a degree justifiable, my only complaint was that when in smartscope, the range that it was getting seemed (to me at least) to be a bit far for an assault rifle