Relatively Unused Areas

I’ve been wondering if there are any maps people have made, using the relatively unused sections of Forge World, considering there are those few places that people gravitate towards (e.g. Blood Gulch, Paradiso Island etc.)

For example there is a huge rock in the ocean, just outside Blood Gulch (the mainland end), which seems to me to be a prime location for an interesting map, but I’ve yet to see anything located there.

If anyone knows of any, I would welcome a link, thanks!

Well up in montana there’s a narrow valley which looks great for a CQB map, it would also be a cool entrance to a map suited to asymetrical gametypes.

The coastline is also relativly untouched, as is the cave.

Pinnacle rock is left untouched for the most part bar the occasional race track.

I’m the only person I know of to forge a map out behind Hemorrhage in the water.

I know someone that map a map on the water next to Montana by the big rock in the water. It was an awesome map.

I’ve also made an invasion map using the island/coastline/cave. Beachead Its a screenshot. The map is still not perfect and I’m a perfectionist lol.

You see that cliff-like ledge that spills down onto the beach in darkfire’s picture? I’ve been polishing a map that uses that area. I also have a rather uniquely symmetrical map I created over by the Spire thing with those three rocks in the water. I should go finish that one up sometime and see what people think. But I tend to try and design maps on unique features and places rather than the oft played areas.

I made one off to the side on the hemmorrage cliff near the base that isn’t next to the water.

I made one that was partially submerged in that cove in the side of hemmorage. It was quite lovely, but I lost it when I swiched harddrives. I should remake it

I have yet to play on a map (in matchmaking) that uses at least parts of the topography from Montana or Alaska.

After reading up on Forge World in the wiki (since I don’t know all the names of the areas) I realize I only forge on non-names areas. Of my two and a half forged maps none of them take place in a location I can give you a name for beyond what I call the area…who the hell made those names up anyway!? Freakin coastline is so vague it’s basically ‘beach that isn’t part of anything else’ oh so helpful :stuck_out_tongue:

> I know someone that map a map on the water next to Montana by the big rock in the water. It was an awesome map.
>
> I’ve also made an invasion map using the island/coastline/cave. Beachead Its a screenshot. The map is still not perfect and I’m a perfectionist lol.

just gonna say that map looks awsome :smiley:

> > I know someone that map a map on the water next to Montana by the big rock in the water. It was an awesome map.
> >
> > I’ve also made an invasion map using the island/coastline/cave. Beachead Its a screenshot. The map is still not perfect and I’m a perfectionist lol.
>
> just gonna say that map looks awsome :smiley:

Thanks, I’m nearly finished with it, I’m going to post it up here when its done, hopefully it will play well. I had a playtest a while back were we a few issues, for example all the Elites spawned inside the phase 3 area during phase 1, and there is both a grid and a killzone seperating the two. That was pretty funny. Fortunatly all I’m doing now is moving spawns around, getting some closer and some further away etc.

> I know someone that map a map on the water next to Montana by the big rock in the water. It was an awesome map.
>
> I’ve also made an invasion map using the island/coastline/cave. Beachead Its a screenshot. The map is still not perfect and I’m a perfectionist lol.

i have played on beachead and that was a sweet invasion map for sure.

> > I know someone that map a map on the water next to Montana by the big rock in the water. It was an awesome map.
> >
> > I’ve also made an invasion map using the island/coastline/cave. Beachead Its a screenshot. The map is still not perfect and I’m a perfectionist lol.
>
> i have played on beachead and that was a sweet invasion map for sure.

Oh hey Paul. Thanks, I appreciate that. :slight_smile:

Yeah it looks really good! And just reading through some of these ideas sound awesome! Be sure to stick your links up when you guys are done with the maps. (:

Interesting thread. Really, there are a lot of unused areas. I like to forge in these spots because no one really forges in those spots, which adds to the uniqueness of the map. Most unused areas I can think of are the unnamed cliff on the opposite side of montana and alaska, (which I have made a map there by the name of Cryption) the pillar, areas around the canyon, the cliffs above the beach, the rock cliff behind the pillar and the water area behind montana.

Well, the one I just finished and am asking about respawns in another thread (and could use more help) I build on the water… some ramps are partially submerged as well as a couple of the rooms on the map. Hence why I named it submersion. haha

i made a -Yoink!- zombie map on those rocks its not finished until i figure how to make the mystery box random